Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 19:30:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:

Gah.

Slings.

You'll note, if you read BW2000 carefully, that slings with stones are
hands-down the best weapon in the game.

I don't know if anyone is actually following my babbling about slings, but I
have to correct the above.  This is from email that went back and forth between
Neil and Mike Rayhawk, and is the Final Word on what is going to happen with
Throwing rules and Slings.  If you're using either one, or think you might be
facing them (and you are, believe me) then you might want to read this text:

+++

Here's the final results of stuff that Mike Rayhawk
and I discussed:

So to review:

        The distance a minifig can throw things is (Power x Skill) / Mass.

        A sling costs 1 CP.  With it, you can hurl stones for 1d6
Stun damage.  The max range is calculated by using your normal
throwing range as if you had +1 Power, or 10", whichever is less.
        In addition, when using a sling, you must be in a space with
no head level obstructions within 1" of the minifig.  Also, on a
critical failure, the minifig has suffered the Ewok Effect, hitting
himself in the head for 1d6 stun damage.

+++

You'll note that this bring Slings more in line with their CP cost.

Full disclosure time:  I'm posting this without specific permission from Mike
or Neil.  I have implied permission from Neil because he and I discussed making
sure everyone knows the rules we're using going into this, and I feel that Mike
Rayhawk probably doesn't care, since you'll all find out about it on the 18th
anyway.

Once again, if anyone has any questions, lemme know.

eric