 Organizations / GLUG / *92 (-92)
  Re: BrickFest PDX 2004 is coming soon and we need you!

(...) I thought I'd add Castle to this call. Currently we don't have a Castle coordinator for BrickFest PDX 2004 (if you're interested, contact Steve Barile or me). In the interrim, I will start polling for interest. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest PDX 2004 is coming soon and we need you!

(...) Yes, I game and I 'do' Pirates :) I've played your Pirates game at BricksWest 03 and NWBrickCon 03 and I hope to play more at BF-PDX 04! As far as BrickWars goes, I've brought the supplies to play a 4-team BrickWars contest (loosely based on (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.glug)

  BrickFest PDX 2004 is coming soon and we need you!

Are you coming to BrickFest PDX 2004? Do you game? Do you do Pirates? I'm coordinating the gaming at BFPDX 2004. I will of course run a big pirate game, but I'd also like to have some other games happen. Some BrickWars would be great. I will also (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: Lego Space Trading Cards?!

(...) Well originally I only intended to make a couple spacemen cards, I am not sure if I could add ships and still keep it a fairly simple game to play. (I kind of wanted to avoid making cards of actual sets, I don't really know why, I just did) (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: Lego Space Trading Cards?!

(...) Very nice idea. Will there be ship cards as well? Or just spacemen? I like the layout/look of your cards, and instantly wondered if we'd see ones with classic space vehicles on them. Or are the ships part of the next expansion set? ;) Great (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: Lego Space Trading Cards?!

(...) Hmmm... I guess that would have made sense for me to post there also in the first place. There is the link (URL) again> (...) Well for anyone interested: The basic versus aspect will be a simple roll of a die. So 2 dice, one for each person (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: Lego Space Trading Cards?!

(...) /sigfig.gif>> (...) Just as a note to tie up a couple of loose ends here... 1) I'm an old guy, so "trading cards" to me mean like baseball cards, I completely missed the "collectable card game" (ala Magic the Gathering like) meaning. So my (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: East West Coast, Southern and NW Brick Fest Cons - concerns and hopes

(...) Hey ya, that's the idea! Assuming we could ever get there, beacuse in the years to come it would be a great thing. But no so much as to...and I quote what was so well put before, " We don't want to risk insignifigance through Dillusion..." (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Evil Stevie's Pirate Game @ Brickfest 2003 (write up)

Just posting a quick write up of the game that happened at Brickfest. (brickshelf folder) (URL) write-up) (URL) a looksie...and if you don't like it, I'll have ya walkin' da plank... ya scurvie knave!!! Arrr...rrr!!! (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: BrickFest Pirate Game

(...) The AF needs some modification since it only has one gunport, it really needs a 2nd. It also gets a rotating cannon. (...) A BSB is actually Class 7 (or did you mean a RBR, which is Class 6). (...) Is this 3 or 4 center sections? We don't have (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.glug)

  BrickQuest--Real Site Release

Except for the Modules page which I posted about on Tuesday, what was up on the BrickQuest website was outdated materials for review before playtesting. I have now updated the website and have post-playtesting, post-Gencon rules and monster stats (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle, lugnet.games, lugnet.org.glug) !

  Re: BrickFest Pirate Game

(...) We're in for 3 people, at least for awhile. Jamie and David have never gamed before, we'll see if they want to play the whole time. (...) We've currently got: 1 Class 2 ship (a stock Cross Bone Clipper) 1 Class 3 ship (a stock Armada Flagship) (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: BrickFest Pirate Game

(...) We mostly need class 2-4 ships. Larger ships are unlikely to be acquired (though you never know...). As far as minifigs and cannon: I really want to keep these all to one person's collection. It's darned hard to figure out after the fact. (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: BrickFest Pirate Game

(...) I'm in! Was planning on bringing two ports, and a native island. Can bring three each class 2 and 3, (have 12 cutters but it does not sound like we need them. I'm not a home now but I think I have 3 class 4's, a couple of class 5's, a 6 and a (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: BrickFest Pirate Game

(...) Larger ships are more important. I've got plenty of cutters (and I'm thinking I want to bring them all to show off [of course I don't have the largest collection of cutters since Steve Jackson has at least 30 now] even if it would save to have (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: BrickFest Pirate Game

I'm in. What sort of ships are you looking for? Players to bring their own cutters and possibly a size upgrade? Scott (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: BrickFest Pirate Game

(...) I'm in. (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: BrickFest Pirate Game

(...) First, let me say count me in for at least a while! Last year was a blast. Second, I have a ship of my own. It will need to be classed as I'm not sure what size it is (bigger than a cutter, smaller than a breadbox). You'll have to forgive the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.glug)

  Brick Battles at Gen Con!

Along with all the other events that GLUG ran this past weekend, I ran several sessions of Brick Battles, and came away extremely pleased with how it performed at it's first public outing. I brought two different scenarios along to try and show two (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.glug)

  BrickQuest Modular Dungeon System

I ran four 2-hour sessions of BrickQuest at GenCon 2003 Indy and it was very successful! All who played it had a great time; there were a couple D&Ders who liked the rules so much they were going to play it with a grid and miniatures. I made a few (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.glug, FTX) !!

  BrickFest Pirate Game

This is a call for interest in Evil Stevie's Pirate Game at BrickFest. I am considering for this year a shorter game of 4 hours (perhaps up to 5 or 6). At Gen Con we managed a campaign game in 4 hours (with setup time included) that got a few people (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.glug)

  Evil Stevie's Pirate Game Success at Gen Con

This will be a brief report. More later in this thread (including hopefully a link to an extensive writeup of the games). ESPG was a smashing (almost literally - we had several hurricane accidents) success. We ran over 20 hours of ESPG. We ran two (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.glug) !

  Re: Gencon And HELP!

(...) Well, here's what I can tell you (and your parents). I started going to GenCon in 1981 when I was eleven years old. I went with my parents and they kept pretty close watch over me at first. As they became more comfortable with the situation I (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Gencon At Indy

(...) Ahh, to have time to prep for Gen Con... My mother is occupying most of my time. I do hope to finish the 8 almost finished cutters I have, and perhaps build another ship. Note that any and all larger ships will be welcome. I should have the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

  Re: Gencon And HELP!

(...) I'll be the primary person in charge of all the ESPG gaming. I'll be bringing a pretty good sized fleet of ships (can't tell you just how big until I actually see how much fits in my luggage). (...) Hmm, not sure how much I can help here. The (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Gencon At Indy

(...) Thanks for the report. I'm running my own trials of the Brick Battles scenarios this weekend, to figure out the same things. My two test groups are a bunch of warhammerites and a bunch of non-gamers; hopefully that will give me a good feel for (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

  Re: Gencon And HELP!

(...) I'll be there, with the proverbial bells on. I'm GMing all the Brick Battles events, but will probably not have an opportunity to play much else, as I'm also running demos for Ad Astra Games. (...) Hmm. Well, as with any major convention, (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Gencon At Indy

The current slate a games at Gencon include several two-hour BrikWars demos, two six-hour BrikWars games, two Evil Stevies Pirate Game, two Pirate Wars games, a Mechaton game, maybe a robotics display, a combat comparision game. A long list am I (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

  Gencon And HELP!

Well, the time is approaching, and the 4 best days of gaming come closer. So how many of you GLUG readers out there are making the trek to Indy and the first meeting of GLUG? What game(s) will you be playing? Will you be GMing? What Teklevel of (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Delurk if you BrikWars

"Todd Lehman" <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> wrote in message news:HEEBpy.B7z@lugnet.com... (...) last (...) that) (...) play. (...) I live near Sacramento, CA. Not much happens here. So far I've only had one battle, and that was with my little brother. -- (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.general)

  Re: Delurk if you BrikWars

"Todd Lehman" <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> wrote in message news:HEEBpy.B7z@lugnet.com... (...) last (...) that) (...) play. (...) I live near Sacramento, CA. Not much happens here. So far I've only had one battle, and that was with my little brother. -- (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.general)

  Delurk if you BrikWars

I got to spend several hours on the road in California with Mike Rayhawk last weekend, for an informal interview of Mike about BrikWars. Except for the wind turbines and Mike refusing to pull over for me when nature called (which I *was* prepared to (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.general)

  Instructions for the Cathedral Board Game

Well I got around to creating instructions for my version of the Cathedral board game. Here they are: (URL) Orginal thread about this game is here: (URL) Spears MichLUG - (URL) MOCpage - (URL) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.glug) !!

  Fwd: Brikwars at OurCon 04

Hi .fun.gaming and GLUG! A colleague over at NELUG suggested I alert you all to a gaming related thread I started: (URL) free to join the discussion! :) -Hendo (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: Gencon Event Registration goes live on Monday

(...) It's still being worked on with the Gencon staff and the company they outsourced for their games catalogue. We aren't the only people affected by it, by all reports, but we should start getting a more active response to the problem now that (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: Gencon Event Registration goes live on Monday

(...) So what happened with this? - Mike. (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Gencon Event Registration goes live on Monday

the list of events for Gencon is up at this url: https://registration...events.cgi but.... I have already checked and our events are not listed. It is probably a mistake by Gencon staff. I will wait for Chris to contact them since he has talked with (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: Virtual Lego Gaming

(...) Yeah, I've been thinking about this with BrickQuest. LDraw, exactly as you said. Rather than PBEM, I'd rather do something in Flash or Java for realtime gaming, although I was thinking of a computer opponent rather than multiplayer. Peter (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Virtual Lego Gaming

Has anyone thought about virtual Lego gaming? Using ldraw to make the images... Maybe play by email... I'm thinking I might try to put a version of mechaton online. Anyone think this is a good idea? (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How but some destruction

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, Gino A. Melone writes: I wonder if you guys would consider trimming some groups? This level of detailed planning perhaps doesn't need to be posted to org.glug. Just a thought. (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How but some destruction

(...) That weekend would be great for me. However, it is a lot easier for me to do Sunday than Saturday. I can probably be free Saturday evening, if you want to get started or do prep. (...) I can field at least two TL2 armies in the 100 CP or so (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How but some destruction

(...) Since we're probably going to play at Adrian's place, he has the final say. But, we've often had spectators. For that matter, we often have first-timers. The rules are readily available at (URL) If you have experience at any wargames, you'll (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How but some destruction

(...) Would you guys be up for an observer? I have never played BW but I am a gamer, and I have been working on rules for a lego wargame in the "Micro Fig" scale rather than the Mini Fig scale. I am a Cleveland native living in Kent for the last (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How but some destruction

(...) I think i'd rather the last weekend in April. Saturday or Sunday would be good either way, but since we got to get up for work the next day , I'd marginally prefer Saturday. (...) I'm thinking TL2. There's more of a reliance on the individual (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How but some destruction

(...) This weekend is already booked for me, anyway. Either of the others has possibilities, though. Which would you prefer? What about genre for BW? I can field a couple armies at TL2 and TL5-6. I've been thinking about proposing a modular scenery (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How but some destruction

(...) Easter won't work, I'll be out of town. May's also pretty well booked up. So if we want, it'd have to be next weekend (the 12-13th) or the last weekend in April (26-27). This weekend could work, but in order to get my Lego area tidied up I (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How but some destruction

(...) A sunday to BrikWar would work best for me. Actually, Easter weekend could work real well for me. I don't know what others schedules look like though? My buddy Brent is also interested. I think he played with us once before. He's a big wargame (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How but some destruction

(...) Whatever floats y'alls boats. My lego room is currently a little chaotic (too many congruent projects, it seems) but I could tidy up a bit if we wanted to do something. Adrian (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How but some destruction

(...) I'd be interested in a building sessions as well. Thoughts? (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How but some destruction

(...) Hey Gino! Just saw this thread today...haven't been reading LUGNET much lately...in fact there are almost 800 LUGNET messages sitting in my inbox... Anyway, I'd be up for a building session sometime. If you guys just want to play Brikwars, (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How but some destruction

(...) Sorry to hear. Hope things are working out. (...) I talked with one of my co-workers, and he'd be up to joining us. He's not a huge Lego collector, but he was into it when he was a kid. Plus, he likes RPG's so he would probably dig a game of (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How but some destruction

(...) I was beginning to wonder myself. 2002 was a very rough year. (...) We could do either location. My schedule is still a little haywire, so I'd need a week+ notice at least. It would be nice to get a crowd together. Anyone else out there? (...) (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: How but some destruction

(...) Gino! You're alive! I hadn't heard from you in so long I was beginning to wonder. I would be up for something like that, and as my Lego dungeon, er, domain is pretty much complete and put together, I could host pretty easily too. I am short a (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  How but some destruction

Any interest in getting a BrikWars game together in Cleveland? I could probably plan to host, given suffucuent time to get the den/LEGO room organized again. Later, Gino A... (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: GLUG Logo

(...) Ooh! How about a screaming, diving brickish-Stuka dropping d6 or d8 tipped bombs? Better yet, an allied plane dropping the same payload - but on the nose, there could be one of those glamour girl images of a she-minifig (Leia circa 1945?). You (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: GLUG Logo

(...) What about the style of the logo? If we used the same color scheme and a similar lettering to spell out GLUG, would that be something that they wanted to hassle? I actually don't like the idea of doing this, but I'm curious of which parts of (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

(...) From the strictest legal standpoint, it's still a copyright violation, but for all practical purposes it's safe. If the material was once available on the web as public domain, and you make a reasonable effort to contact the rights-holders, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  GLUG Logo

(...) I like these ideas, I can try to set aside some time next week and mock some of these up. (...) From my conversations with them, I understand that the minifig is pretty vigorously defended, and I think the specific shapes of individual heads, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

(...) That's great to hear James! Why don't you start compiling a list of game related links that are valid. Can we mirror stuff with out permission for archival purposes? My understanding is that when it is impossible to contact appropriate (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

(...) I like the idea if it can be executed properly. What if there were four of them and on first glance they appeared to just be dice but on the second glance they were studed dice made from multiple bricks and an third glance you could see large (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

(...) I'd had a thought for a logo, but haven't yet had time to try it; basically a (roughly) 4x4x4 white cube with black 1x1 dots to be the sides of a D6. Or a more digital meld of a D6 with studs instead of dots. A couple of those being rolled by (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:HC0489.2011@lugnet.com... (...) even (...) couple (...) I can help cover costs, just let me know the amount you need James (21 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

"Mike Rayhawk" <rayhawk@artcenter.edu> wrote in message news:HC2qwF.1vrz@lugnet.com... (...) does (...) should (...) Let us know how much we owe you. As soon as I hear back from the hosting company (...) That would be great! (...) like (...) at (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

"Hendo (John P. Henderson)" <hendo@valyance.com> wrote in message news:HC07q7.6s1@lugnet.com... (...) GenCon (...) group, (...) BrickFest (...) This is the situation that I hope will bear fruit. Having several people preping and running games in (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

"Mike Rayhawk" <rayhawk@artcenter.edu> wrote in message news:HC193r.1GnE@lugnet.com... (...) GenCon (...) work on (...) BrikWars (...) like to. Could everyone contribute? (...) login (...) I would love to learn. (...) maybe (...) promotion. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

(...) Right, I've put in the paperwork for gamelug.org and all the details should be worked out by tomorrow. As soon as I hear back from the hosting company I'll forward the ftp info to, Chris I guess? Do James S. and James B. want/need access? (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

(...) .org Are you suggesting that we submit artwork, or ideas for artwork that some randomly selected professional artist in our midst might render, for consideration? Chris (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

I second Larry's vote for .org. ...As for money, free is always better, but I would be willing to be a paying member if we all decide that is needed. The pay by event method might be best. -Hendo (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

(...) .org As to hosting space itself, free is good for now if we can get it. (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

(...) "Conan, what is best in life?" "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women!" Though I don't know if you've ever watched an ameoba try to spread, it's not the most impressive thing in the world. (...) (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

(...) I'd honestly love to take on this project, but the current state of BrikWars is evidence enough of the limits on my ability to free up time for things like this. I can make the initial financial outlay and contribute some design work, but I (...) (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

Are TFOLs going to be allowed? I'm getting a job this summer, and I'm going to slave all summer, so I won't be attending this year. Maybe next year. Just wondering... Last year was great, ~Evan Butzlaff (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

"Mike Rayhawk" <rayhawk@artcenter.edu> wrote in message news:HBzEnE.4wE@lugnet.com... (...) GenCon (...) To spread like an ameoba across the universe. Looks like there's a lot of interest, (...) What (...) the (...) Currently, I am concerned with (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

(...) [snip] (...) I'm the sort of de facto web guy, only because I was trying to push GenCon organization through. You would be welcome to register the domain and work on a web page, as long as there's not a GLUG/BW conflict of interests. Please (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

(...) At the moment, I think we're focusing on GenCon (and even that's gone a bit quiet until we get event confirmation from them). Certainly these kinds of questions will be a good deal of the discussion at the first GLUG face-to-face at GenCon. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

(...) So are you volunteering to take charge of the web site? I'm asking because I'd love to start the tinkering process (thinking up logos, working on site layouts, etc.) but I don't know what the current plans are or how interested you are in (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

(...) I don't have a lot to add right now beyond what has been said in the other replies. Just want to say I'm still here and still interested in the group, despite me not going to GenCon. Don't forget, after GenCon, we should expect to make a (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

Grabbing www.gamelug.org (or SOME url that people like) is a good idea even if no website is put behind it. It doesn't cost much to grab it for a couple years and I'll cover the cost if no one else will. (21 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The future of GLUG

(...) As far as I'm concerned, until we formalize things more, anyone who organizes something under the banner of GLUG is in charge of that event and no one is in charge of the group. I just pushed to make it happen. (...) It's not much, but there (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  The future of GLUG

The newsgroup's been quiet lately, so I got to thinking. Beyond the GenCon lineup, what are the plans for GLUG? Looks like there's a lot of interest, but everything's still pretty nebulous - how is the group organized? What decisions need to be (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Plastic and Magic

Sorry about that! I haven't used that account for so long, I messed it up. It should have been pacjmc@simpcomp.com Paul (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: Plastic and Magic

This was supposed to go to .org.glug, but somehow I messed it up. Please see my complete post in .fun.gaming and reply to .org.glug Paul (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: Gaming at GenCon

(...) We will mostly need ships in the class 2-4 range. There is also one factor that suggests most stock ships need some work. In order to get the right number of canon, more gun ports are necessary on the sides. The gun layouts I use are: Class 1 (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: Gaming at GenCon

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3E63E21C.E89C26...ing.com... (...) GenCon. (...) real (...) Battlemaster, (...) play, (...) with (...) game. I (...) and (...) Frank let me know the number of what class and ships you need (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: Gaming at GenCon

(...) Cool! (...) Players will not need to bring anything for ESPG though I will be calling for help from organizers, so if you bring some cutters, that will probably be good (though actually, what I will need more is larger ships). Cutters for a 16 (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The debut of GLUG!

Hullo GLUGers, definitely put me down as interested. Been intrested in Lego Gaming ever since Evan Butzlaff showed me Brikwars. I being a TFOL myself am thankful that we are welcome. I however cant swing around to Indy this summer(dang you Gencon, (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: CastleQuest draws ever nearer..!

(...) I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, I just want to get this out now to avoid hard feelings in the future. I have no problems with CastleQuest, I just want to let people know... Back in November I registered the domain name brickquest.com (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.glug)

  Gaming at GenCon

Hi, if the creek don't rise and my Lego don't melt, I am coming to GenCon. I am looking forward to playing in the Lego games. I do not have any real experience other than playing Battletech with my 12 1/2" Lego Battlemaster, and helping Steve with (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  GLUG GLUG GLUG

Man. Am I thirsty! Haha! Sorry, had to joke about the name just a little. Looking forward to the discussions on this group! -Hendo (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  Re: The debut of GLUG!

(...) Thanks a bunch Todd. We're starting to feel "official." Let's move all GLUG specific discussion to lugnet.org.glug...FUT set. Chris (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.glug)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.org.glug )------

Welcome to lugnet.org.glug, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.org.glug (group and hierarchy): GLUG: The Game-LEGO Users Group lugnet.org (group and hierarchy): Regional user groups, clubs, and organizations for LEGO® enthusiasts: (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.glug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact