 Organizations / GLUG / 20
Re: The future of GLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.glug
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 04:14:45 GMT

"Mike Rayhawk" <rayhawk@artcenter.edu> wrote in message
news:HBzEnE.4wE@lugnet.com...
The newsgroup's been quiet lately, so I got to thinking.  Beyond the • GenCon
lineup, what are the plans for GLUG?

To spread like an ameoba across the universe.

Looks like there's a lot of interest,
but everything's still pretty nebulous -  how is the group organized? • What
decisions need to be reached?  Who takes responsibility for pushing things
forward?  Are Chris and James in charge of organizing the group or just • the
GenCon events?

Currently,  I am concerned with prepartions for Gencon and other
conventions. I am attempting to run games at NashCon and DieCon in May. It
depends on my work schedule. As for group organization, that will be
problematic considering we will not be localized similiar to many of the
LUGs. On second thought maybe we are not that different considering the
distances people have to cover to attend events and meetings..

And so forth.
One subject I wouldn't mind seeing some discussion on is a website for • GLUG.
At minimum, by the time GenCon rolls around you want to have a site up • that
you can refer interested players back to, besides lugnet.org.glug.  But
there are so many other cool functions a GLUG website could provide, just
off the top of my head:

- some way for members to locate other Lego gamers in their area, making
organizing games a lot easier

- game-specific news and discussion boards

I'll be honest, my web skills are not up to setting up a page with message
boards and list servers. I have to start sometime though.  Chris already
added a web page to his site.
The Yahoo groups site for GLUG was extremely helpful. Combining all our
resources will take time so for right now I would like to keep discussions
going on Lugnet for the time being until we find a permanent home. I know we
are not the only people doing this. At several game cons people were using
figs for Star Wars RPG games, Doug Mikkelson has run Pirate Wars and Evil
Stevies Pirate Game at Archon and Winter War and Chris Weeks discovered
another Lego game at Gencon last year,so if we can gather all the closet
Lego gamers together that would be great.

To that end we need permission from you and several others for flyers to
advertise our group and web resources for games.

- some kind of file area where people could share their game systems

- links to gaming resources on the web

I usually direct people to your page and Frank's page for game ruile
downloads. In fact we probably need to make an archive of gaming systems
past and present because some links are currently broken.. Frank already
asked for someone to help with the gaming links on his site and I don't wnat
to step on

It looks like www.glug.com and all its variants have already been claimed,
how about gamelug.com?