 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12313
Re: What a trip I had to Markville!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:20:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Tim Strutt wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Darrell Urbien wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Tim Strutt wrote:

ParLUGment has bought many 4679's in Ottawa and the concensus is that
the 3-strap tub/box has the wings and wedges, and the 2-strap tub/box
is the sweet box of joy. Also, as an added bonus, the 2-strap tub/box
has OLD GREY inside the tub.
Play well.

Tim Strutt

Was there a consensus on which box had the big arch part? Was that a two or
three strap box?

Hey Guys,

I went in TRU in Moncton NB, and bought one (with two stripes) and I asked my
daughter to sort the pieces and here is what I got:

Neddles to say that I'm very pleased. AND only 3 pieces were new dark bluish
grey, all the rest were regular light and dark grey.  {;^D

On a funny note, I bought a first one and opened it right away, and there were 5
identical bags of bricks which I didn't like, so I went bak to TRU and told them
that I didn't like the bonus pieces and I want to exchange it...They accepted!

I wish I had more dough to buy much more...

JM

Darrell

From what I see in front of me, and what I have read from other posts
and BrickShelf descriptions, the 2-strap box/tub combo has a stamp of
2714 beside the barcode on the tub, and the 3-strap has a stamp of 3534.
Which should make the 2714 tub old grey, and 3534 new grey.

I didn't get any large arches in my box, but it appears from the pictures
on BrickShelf that they would have been in a 2-strap or 2714 combo.

My 2-strap contents are a variation on this:

My 3-strap contents are a variation on this:

The sweetest selection I've seen posted is this:
Similarly:

Every box is a different variation, as the following show:

Play well.

Tim Strutt