 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12371
12370  |  12372
Subject:
More 4679 happiness (was: What a trip I had to Markville!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 04:10:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Keith Hui wrote:
   You guys won’t believe what I got from a trip to Markville Mall today!

This time I went to the TRU at Steeles/Hilda....

   Couple weeks ago I picked up a Mars rover for $30 at the Walmart there, with a couple dozens around. Today I picked up another one. They now had 3 left after I’m out the door. ;-)

Picked up a 4511 at $80 hoping to sell it to Europe for a profit... 8)

Then I trekked halfway across the mall to TRU for an obligatory visit. There I saw 7262 on the shelves for the first time - $70. A lady there fiddling with three of the bulky LEGO displays (one Bionicle, one KK2, one SW) told me it is a TRU exclusive. She told me a few other things too: The display models are glued together (as if we don’t know already), they don’t know where or how they’ll end up after being pulled from display, that one of the displays had a broken sound chip waiting to be fixed. :)

Same three displays are here too. Alas one of them is silent.

   I turned around and, lo and behold, two 4679 tubs are sitting right on the shelf!

Who can pass it up? So I grabbed both and head straight to the cash. It rings up $29.99 each, same as for a 4496 at MSRP.

Seven units, all 2714s, are within my reach. I grabbed one. There are a few more on overhead shelves. I’m saving my 4th slot for a 2814.

There is a lot of 1x4 technic bricks and yellow slopes in 3534, for those who think you don’t get a good mix. Yellow slopes are best mixed into 4404.

And now, something new.

I noticed the 4679s regular inventory - those in the tub, not in the box - seems to be packed differently between 2714 and 3534. In 2714 almost all 2x2 bricks go into the same bag, but are scattered according to colour in 3534. Anyone else noticed this?

Keith