 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12305
Re: What a trip I had to Markville!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:16:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Tim Strutt wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Darrell Urbien wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Tim Strutt wrote:

ParLUGment has bought many 4679's in Ottawa and the concensus is that
the 3-strap tub/box has the wings and wedges, and the 2-strap tub/box
is the sweet box of joy. Also, as an added bonus, the 2-strap tub/box
has OLD GREY inside the tub.
Play well.

Tim Strutt

Mine was a one strap box ;-).  It had lots of wings 'n' wedges in old grey (work
that one out).  It was a sweet box of joy.

Was there a consensus on which box had the big arch part? Was that a two or
three strap box?

Darrell

From what I see in front of me, and what I have read from other posts
and BrickShelf descriptions, the 2-strap box/tub combo has a stamp of
2714 beside the barcode on the tub, and the 3-strap has a stamp of 3534.
Which should make the 2714 tub old grey, and 3534 new grey.

I didn't get any large arches in my box, but it appears from the pictures
on BrickShelf that they would have been in a 2-strap or 2714 combo.

My 2-strap contents are a variation on this:

My 3-strap contents are a variation on this:

The sweetest selection I've seen posted is this:
That box bears a lot of similarities to mine.  Old grey arches :-).  NICE (not
only the old grey arches are similar).  I had less printed pieces though.
Similarly:
Every box is a different variation, as the following show:

Play well.

Tim Strutt

WOW!  Seems the only consistent thing is the minifig heads.  I'll have to try
and get myself another one (my parents say I have too much Lego, since the price
on this was so low, I was allowed to buy it, but only one, they figured I'd
never forgive them if they din't allow me to buy at least one ;-)).

The disappointing thing about mine was the huge amount of pink.  OK, so it wasn't a huge amount, but any pink is bad.  My problem (or advantage, however you see it) is that most of my collection is from 12+ years ago (some as far back as 40, I believe (definate signs of very early sets)).  This means that most of my colour collection is in the original LEGO base colours (Blue, yellow, red, white, black).  The knock-on effect of this is that when I get new sets, the colours are far more varied than my collection.  For example, I only have about 20 tan pieces, 30 old dark grey and so on.   Obviously, this means that these colours are difficult for me to use.  On the other hand, I really appreciate the things I got.  I am not disappointed with the blank minifig heads really either.  I'm thinking of ancient, weathered columns here (feel free to use my idea if you think it was OK).  The greebling in the box has been useful as well.

Peter Roberts