 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12307
Re: What a trip I had to Markville!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 05:28:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
   If you pick some up, you may want to know you can find out a little about what’s inside in advance. There’s a number stamped near the barcode on the tub.

I think there are three possibilities. I’m not sure if all boxes with a single number are exactly the same.

There’s a 3534(?) which has a bunch of 1x3x? (very tall) castle wall type pieces.

There’s a 2814, which has a bunch of heads, and some door rails (pieces that hold motors in place)

I’m not sure what’s in the other tub.

In any case, if you get more than one tub, you may want to make sure they have different numbers.

On your advice (and Tim’s) I got a two strap and a three strap tub each:

This is the three strap:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tsangc/My4679/4267-calum1.jpg

I decided to lay them out by bag, thinking the bags contents may be the same while the selection of bags was random. No such luck--the bags have similar pieces, but not all the same.

The two strap is much “weirder” than the three strap pictured above. I guess everyone’s been discussing these, but I just wanted to add my pictures to mix. IT’s kind of fun to get the grab bag. JeffE once told me I was missing out by not buying Pirate, Castle or Space, and he’s right--there’s a lot stuff in the two strap which I don’t have, mainly because I don’t buy certain types of sets. The three strap would be pieces I’d probably pick for myself: Bright regular colours, basic slopes and shapes. But the two strap will be useful to get me into colours I don’t normally use.

Calum