 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12282
12281  |  12283
Subject:
What a trip I had to Markville!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:37:18 GMT

You guys won’t believe what I got from a trip to Markville Mall today!

Couple weeks ago I picked up a Mars rover for $30 at the Walmart there, with a couple dozens around. Today I picked up another one. They now had 3 left after I’m out the door. ;-)

Then I trekked halfway across the mall to TRU for an obligatory visit. There I saw 7262 on the shelves for the first time - $70. A lady there fiddling with three of the bulky LEGO displays (one Bionicle, one KK2, one SW) told me it is a TRU exclusive. She told me a few other things too: The display models are glued together (as if we don’t know already), they don’t know where or how they’ll end up after being pulled from display, that one of the displays had a broken sound chip waiting to be fixed. :)

She works for LEGO Canada @ 7-45 Mural St. So TRU may have commissioned the displays, but it is LEGO that actually puts them up.

Then, having read all the recent commotion around it, I asked her about the “deal of the year” tubs and ...

“Guess what? They’re right over there.”

I turned around and, lo and behold, two 4679 tubs are sitting right on the shelf!

Who can pass it up? So I grabbed both and head straight to the cash. It rings up $29.99 each, same as for a 4496 at MSRP.

And here is the proof.

(Yeah, that’s me, and that’s how I took the tubs to the cash. Now you recognize me. :) See you at Hobby Show 2004!)

What can I say? I am happy beyond words.

Keith