 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2819
Re: Cobi/Best-Lock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 00:24:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Mike Rayhawk wrote:
   I’ll take a second to point out the ‘brikwars’ in my e-mail address up there, and mention the fact that Lego doesn’t make army sets! I like the Best-Lock figures just fine, especially the fact that they put studs on the torso backs.

?? They do? I admit that I have only about two dozen Best-Lock figures from before the Cobi merger, but none of them have studs anywhere on them. In fact, they don’t have leg-holes, the heads are cup-shaped, and the legs attach by little clip-mounts at the hips. Is there a design with which I am (very possibly) not familiar?

These sound like MB Command Ops (Military) and Dragons (Fantasy) figs to me. I haven’t seen studs on Bestlock figs’ backs either.

And I would heartily agree that Command Ops was just made for BrikWars.

And and I can’t say ‘BrikWars’ in a thread with Mike, without also saying ‘Thanks Mike’.

Thanks Mike.

Richard
Sill baldly going...