 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2811
Re: Cobi/Best-Lock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 19:00:18 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:

   For that matter, I’ll post a pic of the Just Kidz style of minifig, too.

Here’s a shot of three minifigs from the Just Kidz line of Cobi/Best-Lock stuff.

And here’s a reverse angle of the guy on the far left. As you’ll see, the leg-holes are square, in what I think is an inferior design; it takes more material out of the leg, and the big square hole in the back is even more unappealing than a round one, perhaps because I’m used to the round one for 30 or so years… Additionally, the legs/feet are slightly rounded, and there’s a gap between the legs that reduces clutch power when posing the minifigs on a plate or brick.

Here’s a picture of the more LEGO-like minfigs. The backpack on the middle guy is removable and fits perfectly on LEGO minifigs, by the way.

And lastly here’s a reverse shot of those same three guys. You’ll see that they’re close to indistinguishable from LEGO minfigs, at least in terms of design. I’ll need to check the interior of the torsos to see if they’re likewise similar to LEGO.

Even at a glance, though, one can’t help noticing the diversity in these minifigs which eluded LEGO for so many decades! Still, I don’t know how/why/if these are really permitted in the US, or if LEGO has simply lost the legal standing to challenge them here.

Dave!