 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / *17725 (-100)
Re: 7 Old LEGO Cases For Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2009 22:30:24 GMT

#2 & #3 sold.

#1 and #4-7 still available.

Thanks,
-Jason

Subject:
7 Old LEGO Cases For Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:33:51 GMT

Howdy-

I've got a pretty good selection of LEGO cases that I'd like to sell.  All are
official, real LEGO products.  No parts or bricks or instructions or anything
included--just cases.  All cases are intact & in very good condition, with
modest normal wear.  I'm unsure of their value, so I'm happy to discuss value &
entertain offers.  To get a feel for potential shipping costs, my zip code is
91107.

Picture of all cases:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff97/infernolab/forsale/all.jpg

Detailed pictures of all 7 cases, sorted by number as detailed in the list
below: http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff97/infernolab/forsale/?start=all

1: Red Case With Gray Latches.  15.5"x12.5"x4"  (c) 1985, made in USA.  Latches
are intact & snap securely.  Appears to be blow-molded--looks & feels much like
a power drill case.

2: Blue 3-Bay Case With Green Baseplate Covers #1.  15.5"x12.5"x4"  (c) 1989.
This is a neat case with 3 bays & 4 adjustable dividers.  The cover for each bay
is a 16x32 green baseplate.  The guide & retention tabs that hold the covers in
place are all intact.

3: Blue 3-Bay Case With Green Baseplate Covers #2.  15.5"x12.5"x4"  (c) 1989.
This is a neat case with 3 bays & 4 adjustable dividers.  The cover for each bay
is a 16x32 green baseplate.  The guide & retention tabs that hold the covers in
place are all intact.

4: Black Case.  11.5"x10.5"x3.5"  (c) 1997.  Latches are intact & snap securely.
Appears to be blow-molded, much like a power drill case.  Curved top face is
pretty sleek.

5: ZNAP 3581 Case.  13"x12.5"x4"  1998.  From this set:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3581 .  Top snaps into place very snugly.  I'm the
original owner of this case.

6: Technic 8062 Case #1.  15"x11"x3"  1994.  Very cool 2-tiered case (top tier
pulls out).  *ALL* of the dividers are included & intact & solid (I betcha most
owners of this case have lost some dividers...).  Top tier of the case also has
an integral ruler in units of cm & LEGO studs--a very handy tool!  Both latches
are intact & snap securely.  I'm the original owner of this case--I remember
getting this set super-discounted at K-Mart when I was in grad school.

7: Technic 8062 Case #2.  15"x11"x3"  1994.  Very cool 2-tiered case (top tier
pulls out).  *ALL* of the dividers are included & intact & solid (I betcha most
owners of this case have lost some dividers...).  Top tier of the case also has
an integral ruler in units of cm & LEGO studs--a very handy tool!  Both latches
are intact & snap securely.  I'm the original owner of this case--I remember
getting this set super-discounted at K-Mart when I was in grad school.

Please send me an e-mail if you're interested.

Thank you very much,
-Jason

Subject:
Looking for some weapons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:55:30 GMT

Dose anyone have Brickarms mp5 for sale,
We need around 10 of them, please send us the price via e-mail if you want to
Sell us some .

Thanks for looking,
Joseph

Subject:
GMLTC's First Holiday Ornament Now For Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:07:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The GMLTC is proud to announce our first ornament just in time for the 2009 holiday season! Our first release, of which we hope to become an annual tradition, is a miniature steam locomotive and tender, made from 62 genuine Lego brick. We are selling these pre-assembled (but not glued) in a presentation-quality display box, ready to hang from your Christmas Tree, Yule log, Hanukkah Bush or just plain push around the living room floor. Complete (re)building instructions are also included should your locomotive need repairs or use them to make additional models.

We plan to have these for sale during our December appearances at the Jackson Street Roundhouse and by mail (shipping starts the first week of December). Our first batch is limited to 100 ornaments and they may sell out at any time. The price is $10 plus shipping ($3.95 for any size order to any destination in the world).

Order from the GMLTC web site here:

http://www.gmltc.org/index.php/news-a-events/10-gmltc-announcements/5-gmltcs-first-annual-holiday-ornament.html

Or from Brickmania.com here:

http://www.brickmania.com/store?page=shop.product_details&category_id=10&flypage=brickmania.tpl&product_id=90

Or get in touch with me by email and I will sort you out.

Thanks!

Dan

Subject:
Penguin Liberation Army announcment.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 2009 15:02:02 GMT

Resistance is futile.

Today begins the Penguin Liberation Army.  These mighty warriors will dominate
your existence.  They brand weapons of mass destruction, devastation, and
massive ouchies.  They will not be denied their existence, and they stand firm
against oppression.  Feel their power, feel their pain.  Their lives were
uprooted by a movie made in the artic.  They cannot dance so they have been
reduced to foot soldiers of the oppression.  They do what they know best!  They
spread anarchy anywhere they can.  Own them today.  Your donation to their cause
will allow others to flock to their cause.

Viva la Penguin.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=warehouse&itemID=15081578

Subject:
50% off super sale. And HUGE fig lots at deep discount
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:59:14 GMT

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=warehouse&itemID=15071878
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=warehouse&itemID=15071845
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=warehouse

Offering 2 huge super lots, and most of the store is on 50% off.  One time sale,
SUPER prices!

Subject:
batman, technic, model team and more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:15:15 GMT

lots of unopened sets on ebay, new stuff, older stuff, a couple of model teams
and some technic:
http://shop.ebay.com/tortilla-god/m.html

2556 F1 Ferrari
4099 Robobots
4402 Sea Riders
4896 Roaring Roadsters
5521 Sea Jet
5590 Whirl n Wheel Super Truck
7477 T-1 Typhoon vs. T-Rex
7687 City Advent Christmas Calendar
7712 Supernova
7721 Combat Crawler X2
7738 Coast Guard Helicopter n Life Raft
7782 Batwing Jokers Aerial Assault
7785 Arkham Asylum
7893 Passenger Plane
8040 Technic Universal set
8042 Technic Universal set
8262 Quad Bike
8451 Technic Dumper
8701 King Jayko
8836 Sky Ranger
8854 Power Crane
8992 Cendox VI
10177 Boeing 787 Dreamliner

Re: HUGE liquidation, remainder of online inventory!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 2009 03:12:51 GMT

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=warehouse

is now open for business!  Under new mgmt.  We are selling everything to the
walls.  Come and get it.

Have another 1-2 million elements in the sort cue now.  Will be uploading daily
(starting next week) until it is all gone.

The going out of business sale (old store), combined with the going into
business sale (new store)

Come on in and buy out a ton of stuff.  Or show up at the Ohio Valley Mall.
Store is now open, and the Brick by the pound is flying out of the bins.

Subject:
HUGE liquidation, selling inventory by the lb!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 03:52:16 GMT

We are dumping our inventory.  Physical sales only.  We open our physical store
in the Ohio Valley Mall in St. Clairsville, OHIO.  Over 3000lb of brick by the
lb.  We dumped our boxes, our bins, and most of our sitting inventory (bulk) for
this 2 month MEGA SALE.  Over $300,000 in BL inventory going for $30,000.

Elements are mixed up in the bins, so it is up to you to pick what you want.

Store hours (beginning on 11/7/2009) will be 7 days a week until the inventory
is gone!  We have also teamed up with another x-bricklinker that will be selling
massive amounts of gear and minifigs.

Come on down and check us out.  Will announce the grand opening as well (with
phone number and hopefully a new website to boot!)

Dan

Re: Classic castle parts and minifigs for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2009 17:12:05 GMT

Hello,

I didn't get a chance to mention that I would also be willing to negotiate on
the price for the whole lot, or trade the lot and some sets for some electronics
equipment that I'll be needing down the road for my digital workstation.

I also have a list of castle sets that I am also willing to trade viewable here:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/mlist.cgi?m=1112

I'm willing to trade the lot and a combination of sets for any of the following
items:

Nikon D2H DSLR Camera
Dell W208 WFP Monitor
Samsung XL20 LCD Monitor

- Matthew Hein

Subject:
Classic castle parts and minifigs for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2009 22:39:50 GMT

Hey there,

I've recently pulled some parts out of storage and would like to know if anyone
is interested in these. Most of these parts are classic castle pieces from the
late 70's to the early 90's, with some modern elements thrown in.

This lot includes a variety of parts from black falcon mini figures to classic
castle armor sets, decorative archways and other assorted goodies.Most of the
parts are in gently used or new condition and still have their original shine.
This is a great opportunity to build your army of mini figures with highly
desirable parts!

I would prefer to sell these as one large lot, but am willing to sell separate
lots if need be. Asking price for the entire lot is $400 since there are a lot
of very rare pieces in there. If someone takes me up on this offer, I will throw
in the 6041 armor shop for no extra charge. This set includes the infamous Black
Sword.

Here are the photos of the lots available.

This is the entire parts lot.All of the photos below contain the items found
within this lot. Each photo is for a unique lot of pieces.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Parts/cp01.jpg

Classic castle, dark forest and black falcon knights.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Parts/p1010002.jpg

Dark forest, classic castle and modern knights
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Parts/p1010004.jpg

Black knights horse armor and assorted parts
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Parts/p1010006.jpg

Black knights, crusader, black falcon and classic castle shields
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Parts/p1010011.jpg

Assorted knight's helmets
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Parts/p1010014.jpg

1970's Classic castle visors and 1980's black knights visors
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Parts/p1010016.jpg

Classic castle helmets and modern silver helmets
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Parts/p1010018.jpg

European armors, visored helmets and bullet helmets
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Parts/p1010019.jpg

Capes, flags, pennants and decorative archways
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Parts/p1010020.jpg

Classic castle gray swords, a working cannon and assorted weapons. All of the
gray swords except one are of the harder plastic variety from the 1970's sets.
The soft gray sword is from the Harry Potter mansion set
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Parts/p1010022.jpg.

More assorted classic castle weapons
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Parts/p1010021.jpg

Please email me at m.aaron.hein@gmail.com if you gave questions or would like to
make an offer on some of these parts. I only accept money orders or paypal
payments from a verified account. Thanks for looking!

- Matthew A. Hein

Re: Bulk Legos for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2009 20:38:55 GMT

Alright. these have already sold. Thanks for the interest, everyone!

- Matt

Subject:
Bulk Legos for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 2009 02:08:42 GMT

Hey there,

I recently found a large box of old Lego parts in storage and decided to put
them up for sale. All of these elements are in used condition and look to be
town elements from the late 1980's to the early 1990s; After sorting through
them, I'm confident to say that 99% of these are genuine Lego bricks. If you're
looking for a large lot of varied parts for kids, this is a great place to
start!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Parts/bulklot_01.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Parts/bulklot_02.jpg

These pictures were taken before sorting, so any non-Legos you see in there have
been taken out already. :)

Basides basic bricks, there are plenty of windows, support structures, tiles,
wall pieces and other basic elements scattered throughout the mix.

The price for these parts is $20 plus shipping, but I'm willing to negotiate.

Please email at m.aaron.hein@gmail.com.

Thanks!

- Matthew Hein
Lugnet Member #1112

Subject:
Huge sale, millions of elements!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:20:35 GMT

We just closed a deal on over 2 million elements.  Over the next 2-3 weeks we
will be doing daily uploads and massive sales.

http://www.brickstore.net

Come on in and see what all the buzz is about.  I am sure you will find what
your looking for.  If not come back the next day and check again!

Thanks

Re: Lego parts and kits for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2009 04:03:59 GMT

Hello there,

I’ve listed a lot of parts, accessories and boxed lego sets along with prices for those interested in browsing some of the items that I’ve had in storage for a while.

Parts

Aquazone baseplate in excellent condition. $3
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/aquazone_baseplate.jpg

Blacktron landing pad baseplates - These are all in excellent condition. $3 each or 4 for $10.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/blacktron_baseplates.jpg

Castle Baseplate in excellent condition - ramp style baseplate $3
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/castle_baseplate.jpg

Classic space tiles and transparent canopies - all in used, but good condition.$6
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/classic_space_parts.jpg

Green dragon with red wings $1
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/castle_dragon.jpg

Battery and motor brick part $1
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/motor_bricks.jpg

Smoke Grey Canopies and wing parts $2
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/smoke_grey_canopies.jpg

Sets

6973 - Ice Planet 2002 Deep Freeze Defender, complete model in great condition.$15
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6973

6781 - SP Striker, complete model with original instructions. Battery brick and original lights still function. $20
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6781

1506 - Aqua Dart, complete with original instructions $1
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/1506_complete.jpg

6027 - Fright Knights Bat Lord’s Catapult, complete with original box and instructions $5
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/6027_complete.jpg

6104 - Aquacessories, complete with original box $5
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/6104_complete.jpg

6125 - Sea Sprint 9, complete with original box and instructions $4
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/6125_complete.jpg

6115 - Shark Scout, complete model $2
6135 - Spy Shark, complete model $4
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/6115_6135_models.jpg

6145 - Crystal Crawler, complete with original box and instructions $5
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/6145_complete.jpg

6487 - Mountain Rescue, MISB $6
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/6487_misb.jpg

6518 - Baja Buggy, complete with original box and instructions $4
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/6518_complete.jpg

6555 - Sea Hunter, complete with original box and instructions $4
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/6555_complete.jpg

6604 - Formula 1 Racer, MISB kit from 1985. Box in good condition $10
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/6604_misb.jpg

6877 - Vector Detector, complete model $9
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/6877_model.jpg

6958 - Android Base instructions, all pages in great condition $2
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/6958_instructions.jpg

6983 - Ice Station Odyssey instructions - All pages intact, rear page missing top corner.$2
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/6983_instructions.jpg

260 - Lego idea book, used with interior pages in great condition. Rear page has a tear, but aside from that, the book is in fair condition.$2
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Osprey/Modern/Lots/260_idea_book.jpg

That just about summarizes the list for now. If anyone is interested, feel free to make me an offer at m.aaron.hein@gmail.com.

If anyone wishes to purchase all of these items as a bulk package, I would be willing to part with all of them for $100 plus shipping costs.

Thanks,

Matthew Hein
http://www.matthewhein.com

Subject:
lots of unopened Technic sets on auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:00:07 GMT

got lots of unopened stuff from an estate sale on ebay right now including some
great technic stuff from the early 1990's
http://shop.ebay.com/tortilla-god/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

4099 Robobots
4402 Sea riders
4884 wild hunters
4895 motion power
7477 t1 typhoon vs. t-rex
7785 Arkham aslym
7787 Battank: riddler and bane's hideout
8034 Universal w/8720 power pack
8040 Universal
8042 Universal
8064 Universal
8074 Universal w/8720 power pack
8435 4wd 4x4
8828 Front end loader w/8720 power pack
8836 Sky ranger
8840 Rally shock n roll racer
8854 Power crane
8856 Whirlwind rescue w/8720 power pack

..jg

Subject:
Advice for selling entire collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 2009 04:31:19 GMT

After a lot of debate, I have decided to sell my entire Lego collection.

My set list is here: http://guide.lugnet.com/set/mlist.cgi?m=1783

I'm not sure of the best way to go about it.  I have saved the instructions from
almost every set I own.  I only have one box, for the first set I ever received
(315, European Taxie).  I unfortunately do not have any documentation of the
"general" building sets my sister and I received as gifts when we were kids in
the early '70s - only instructions from sets that build a "model."  All the
parts are commingled in several large containers.  I have been sifting through
them this past week, weeding out the non-lego and sorting into gross categories
- plates/tiles, bricks/slopes, little Technic fiddly bits, etc.  It is quite
complete - I was always pretty careful to keep my Lego together, even as a
child.

I'm doing this for mostly economic reasons, so I may wind up just cleaning the
collection up, weighing it and selling it as a collection with a set inventory
and some pics.  I realize this method brings probably the least return.

I figure there are a couple other options: use Peeron part inventories to
re-create each set, knowing the sets from the '70s won't have 100% 70's bricks
in them, and selling each set with its instructions; go into business on
BrickLink, selling individual parts (which might take forever); or break up the
sets and pick the highest-valued pieces to sell on Ebay.

I'd appreciate advice at this stage - maybe a strategy I have overlooked.
Thanks,
James Wilson,
Dallas TX

Subject:
Lots and lots of Large DUPLO bricks for sale - discounted shipping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 2009 18:43:32 GMT

We have 1000s of 2x8 and 2x10 (with more limited 2x6) DUPLO bricks in GREEN
ONLY.  Along with lots of other parts that we got as part of this bulk purchase
deal.  It's time to get some free space in the warehouse so we are seeing if
there are any takers for decent quantities (min 500) of larger DUPLO bricks.
These are pretty rare/hard to find in normal DUPLO sets, but also as 'GREEN'
they can make some superb building bases for large hills etc.

For example - special deal - 900 2x10 bricks - shipped anywhere in the world,
700 USD, and for CAnada/USA 600 USD.  2x8 you get maybe another 1/5th more
bricks approx.

Thanks. MaS

http://shop.lastingtoys.com

Subject:
Selling New In Box LEGO Collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.western, lugnet.sports, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 2009 19:12:22 GMT

Due to a family emergency I need to sell my NEW IN BOX LEGO Collection. The list is very long to list here so I’m only going to list the themes that are available and give you a link to where you can see full details, images and more.

Adventure Sets

Belville Sets

Bionicle Sets

Castle Sets

Misc Sets

Sports Sets

Sculpture Sets

Star Wars Sets

Studio Sets

Town Sets

Train Sets (9v ONLY)

Wild West Sets

Promotional Sets

See the full details here: http://vault.theartofwarfare.net/AMP/LEGO/forsale.htm

-AHui

Subject:
Lego parts and kits for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 03:54:00 GMT

Hello there,

Its been a while since I’ve posted here - been really busy with work post-college and freelance jobs on the side. Recently, I’ve been saving up for a new PC and decided to sell of some of my older lego parts, kits and instructions. Most of these are in used condition, though I have some MISB kits included here as well.

Here is the list of items for sale:

[...]

That just about summarizes the list for now. If anyone is interested, feel free to make me an offer at m.aaron.hein AT gmail.com.

Thanks,

Matthew Hein
http://www.matthewhein.com

Subject:
Pirate ship deal (Brickworld funds)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 01:04:47 GMT

So, you're coming to the Chicago area for Brickworld and want a LEGO deal.
Here you are........

2 new in the sealed package #6243 Brickbeards Bounty pirate ships.
$120.00 cash and I toss in 2-#7620 Indiana Jones Motorcycle Chase sets!
4 NIP sets $120.00, no tax.

Also have 15 new Imperial Soldiers, $35 or trade for same in new style Pirate
minifigures.

Can possibly meet somewhere over the weekend.

Subject:
Man those are pretty.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 25 May 2009 17:57:11 GMT

Hey Dan, nice to see you’re still putting out these beauties.

LFB

Re: June 2009 Brickmania new kit releases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 25 May 2009 17:32:54 GMT

More images...

The fifth prototype model from which my SdKfz 251 kit was developed. There are some slight difference (mostly in colors) in the actual kit because I do not yet posses all the pieces that will make up the kit.

The kit is available for $60 (plus shipping) from http://www.brickmania.com

The underside of the 251 reveals how the wheels are attached to the model body. The actual kit uses some different pieces (and colors!) but you can get the idea of how it works from this photo. Also note the front wheels are posable. The Technic angle connector can be used as a towing mount for an artillery piece or trailer.

A look in the hull at the driver’s position. The hinges that hold the hull sides on are black and gray in the actual model. The antenna on the kit is also dark gray rather than black.

That hand ax is black in the kit version.

The prototype used to create my new SAS Jeep kit. Small differences are as follows:

1. Kit versions will (probably) come with brown hats. 2. The shovel attached to the side of the jeep is missing in the photo.

This kit comes with three http://www.brickarms.com Lewis Guns. Brodie "soup bowl" helmets will soon be available from BrickArms as well (you will have to order them separately).

This kit is available to order now at http://www.brickmania.com

The jeeps would be used in long range attacks across the desert against vulnerable enemy targets such as supply convoys and aircraft on the ground. These jeeps were commonly armed with Lewis and Vickers machine guns on an anti-aircraft mount.

There are several documented examples of SAS jeeps being equipped with Browning .50 cal heavy machine guns. This fearsome weapon was capable of destroying all but the most heartily armored vehicles.

This is the model I used as the basis for my M3A1 Stuart tank kit. This is the general arrangement of the kit version with the following exceptions made to reflect parts availability and an attempt to lower the kit:

1. Mud flaps and headlights removed. 2. Different hinges used for the front fenders. 3. No "treasure chest" 4. Headlight bricks and 1x1 round plates removed from the blanked out 30 cal. MG ports on the side sponsons. 5. Army driver rather than USMC. 6. Decal not included (unless I can source them cheap!). 7. Lower hull and suspension is new dark blay on kit version. 8. Tiles on glacias (hull front) replaced with plates.

Most of these things can easily be added to the kit with an order from Bricklink.

Order information at http://www.brickmania.com

An idea of how the road wheels are attached on my M3A1 model. This same arrangement can also be used for the M5 and M8 HMC.

Currently the rarest of all Brickmania kits. #1 was a birthday present to my daughter and kits 2-9 were sent to category winners of the recent Custom Brick Community Building Contest. All 10 original kits were red and came with Agent "98." Production kits are now available and will be sent in random colors and random agents. More information at http://www.brickmania.com

Subject:
June 2009 Brickmania new kit releases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 24 May 2009 16:35:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello Brickmania supporters!

Brickworld is quickly approaching and it’s hight time to announces my next wave of low-priced / mass produce kits. Brickworld takes place in Chicago on June 18th-20th and recent experience with parts suppliers shows need to start taking pre-orders now in order to be able to promise delivery in person. Without further introductory babbling here are the newest Brickmania kits available for pre-order now:

217: M3A1 Stuart Light Tank: $74 (Member price: $66.60) 381 pieces / Instructions on CD-R / 1 Minifig US Army / USMC light tank features posable main gun + BrickArms weapon for tank commander.

218: SdKfZ 251 Ausf. A Halftrack: $60 (Member price: $54) 395 pieces / Instructions on CD-R / 1 Minifig German halftrack APC includes prototype BrickArms MG42 armament Brickforge helmet for the driver.

219: SAS Long Range Attack Jeep: $40 (Member price: $36) 178 pieces / instructions on CD-R / 2 minifigs British long-range attack jeep model includes two minifigs + 3 BrickArms Lewis Guns.

220: Brickmania Battle Pack I (SAVE!!!!): $170 (Member price: $153) 981 pieces / instructions on CD-R / 7 minifigs Includes Brickmania 217, 218, 219 plus an exclusive three-man Panzer Grenadier mortar team.

501: ZX-11 Spyder with Secret Agent: $30 (Member price $27.00) 143 elements / printed instructions / 1 minifig

The ordering links are now active on the Brickmania web site: http://brickmania.com/

Judging by the volume of orders places since I made the links active last night around midnight I would strongly encourage placing your order now if you would like your kits delivered in June.

If you plan to attend Brickworld (http://www.brickworld.us) please stop by the Brickmania tables and say hello. I plan to have three tables of my MOCs including a large battle of Kasserine Pass diorama, whatever kits I can scrape together, and possibly even some Brickmania T-shirts.

Thanks for your continued support and take care!

Dan Siskind

Re: Custom 4-4-0 Steam Engine Kits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 17:48:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Anthony Sava wrote:

Howdy all,

I’m currently trying to sell a series of custom steam engine kits in an effort to fund my trip to Brickworld. I’ve finally got three of the six kits in my Bricklink store for sale. These three sets are accented with Dark Bluish Grey instead of the Dark Green of the original MOC locomotive (pictured). The other three sets will be Dark Blue.

Each set is individually numbered and comes unassembled in a custom box, which includes an instruction CD, certificate of authenticity, and custom stickers. The three locomotives are numbered #901, 903, and 905.

A picture of a sample kit can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/savatheaggie/3500129660/

Here’s a video of the original powered train in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J4G5h2vep0

Look back in my store in a few days when I am able to list the Dark Blue locomotives.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=AggieSava

--Tony

I finally got the parts in the mail to complete the dark blue versions of the kits. They can now be found in my Bricklink shop.

--Tony

Subject:
Looking for 4565 9V train or Black Smith Shop?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 15:16:05 GMT

I have the lowest prices (by far!) for each on Bricklink:

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=thomasmain

Good bargains!

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@charter.net

Re: Interested in buying 1990s products
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2009 18:27:08 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Beñat Intxauspe Zubiaurre wrote:
   Hello! It’s a Spanish boy that has just joined lugnet. I don’t know how exactly this website works, but just in case I’ll try asking the next: I am interested in some Lego products from 1994 to 1997. It’s a long time ago, but they’re legos of my childhood, I really appreciate them. I don’t know wether any of you will be interested in trading (well, my aim was to buy) with some of them. Does anybody have products that were listed from 1994 to 1997? I would be very grateful to know about it.

Howdy -

I recommend you try here: BrickLink(r).

Specifically, you can search their catalog for all sets released in 1994 for instance.

You can run searches for each year you are interested in. If you have specific set numbers, then just plug those in the “Items for Sale” search field and a list of the current items for sale will show up.

HTH

Subject:
Interested in buying 1990s products
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2009 15:50:37 GMT

Hello!
It's a Spanish boy that has just joined lugnet. I don't know how exactly this
website works, but just in case I'll try asking the next:
I am interested in some Lego products from 1994 to 1997. It's a long time ago,
but they're legos of my childhood, I really appreciate them. I don't know wether
any of you will be interested in trading (well, my aim was to buy) with some of
them.
Does anybody have products that were listed from 1994 to 1997? I would be very
grateful to know about it. If you contact me I will specify which ones are the
ones that I'm interested at and we may trade with them. We'll see.
If anyone is interested please let me know in this email adress.
Thank you in advance
Beñat

Re: Frank Lloyd wright LEGO sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2009 12:53:06 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Abner Finley wrote:

Snip

Adam Reed Tucker of Brickstructures and the LEGO Group: “Mr. Wright’s buildings are a treasure trove of possibilities,” says Adam Reed Tucker, innovator of the Architecture Series for The LEGO Group. “I wanted to create these marvelous buildings for years, so I’m thrilled to be working with the Foundation in order to include Mr. Wright’s timeless buildings in this series, which conceptualizes the very essence of each building in LEGO bricks.”

http://www.prairiemod.com/prairiemod/2009/05/frank-lloyd-wright-lego-sets.html

Additional images can be found on Adam’s Brickstructures.com website:

http://www.brickstructures.com/LAFallingwater1.html

http://www.brickstructures.com/LAGuggenheimMuseum.html

Autographed copies (by the set designer) of the Guggenheim Museum can be purchased for $45 plus $10 shipping:

http://www.brickstructures.com/SiteStoreSeries3.html

Ben

Re: Buy Cheap Baseplates for a good cause!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2009 15:06:00 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Karl Paulsen wrote:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Karl Paulsen wrote:

karl_e_paulsen@ STOPSPAMMERS hotmail . com

The 16x16 baseplates are gone, but I've got plenty of the 8x16 plates and
bricks.  Best prices and for a good cause!
Grace and Peace,
Karl

All right folks, I've got one more group of baseplates and bricks for sale.

(34) Green 8x16 Baseplates. $0.75 each (bulk rate price $0.60)

(32) Green 16x16 Baseplates. $1.50 each (bulk rate price $ 1.20)

(25) Dark Bley 8x16 Bricks. $1.25 (bulk rate price $.95)

The last batch was pretty popular, so while I'll still offer the bulk rate for
orders of 10 or more, the prices are now firm.

Subject:
Orc Soldiers/Bricks Offered in Trade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2009 13:50:58 GMT

Hello. I have the following NEW items that I would like to offer in a trade:

1) All of the orc soldiers, complete and fully armed, from both 7036 Dwarves'
Mine and 7040 Dwarves' Mine Defender. (That's 4 soldiers.)
2)1x1 medium blue bricks: 59
3) 1x2 medium blue bricks: 89
4) 1x4 medium blue bricks: 96
5) 1x4 medium blue arches: 2
6) 1x6 medium blue plates: 4
7) 1x2 navy blue bricks: 47
8) 1x4 navy blue bricks: 77
9) 1x2 clear bricks: 21

What I need are:

Black 1x1 plates
Black 1x1 bricks
white 1x1 plates
white 1x1 bricks
white 1x2 bricks
white 1x4 bricks
black tiles (even the grill tiles will do.)

I'd prefer to offer the orcs in trade for a reasonably equivalent number of
black
tiles, and the navy/medium/clear bricks for a reasonably equivalent number of
white/black plates and bricks. Almost any combination of the white/black parts
listed above will be fine.

I hope to hear from interested parties.

James Simpson

Re: Custom 4-4-0 Steam Engine Kits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 11 May 2009 05:32:41 GMT

[...]

I finally got around to dressing up the original locomotive, the #805, in the Dark Bluish Grey skin that three of these kits I’m selling offer. Here’s a picture:

--Tony

Subject:
Custom 4-4-0 Steam Engine Kits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 7 May 2009 21:07:25 GMT

[...]

Subject:
Minifigure sale 30+ 5 horses and more!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 6 May 2009 22:06:06 GMT

All 30 minifigures, 5 horses and accessories as shown. Excellent condition.

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/TexMexSu/Mnifigures1.JPG

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/TexMexSu/Mnifigures2.JPG

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/TexMexSu/Mnifigures3.JPG

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/TexMexSu/Mnifigures4.JPG
            (plates in photos not included)

             $60.00 PayPal plus shipping cost (lower 48 only)

500+ assorted light & dark gray parts. Excellent condition.

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/TexMexSu/OldGrayLego500.JPG

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/TexMexSu/OldGrayLego500B.JPG

$25.00 plus shipping. Lower 48 only.

We are adults with hundreds of online buy/sell/trade references.

Re: Buy Cheap Baseplates for a good cause!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 3 May 2009 15:29:02 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Karl Paulsen wrote:
Hey Folks,
     As some of you know, I run a LEGO club for boys here in the inner-city of
Chicago. It's called Building in Lawndale (BILd). We've been borrowing LEGO from
the Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club, and Brickology, but I'd like to build up
a stock of LEGO for the club to have for itself.

Every cent that is generated from this sale will go to buy brick for the club.
If you want to buy a really large quantity, I'll give you a bit of discount even
beyond the bulk discount. Bulk prices are available to anyone purchasing a total
or combination of 10 or more baseplates of any type, so feel free to mix and
match.

If this sale goes well, I'll have more to sell in the future. All pieces are
brand new and unused. Quantity available is in ()'s

(48) Green 8x16 Baseplates. $0.75 each (bulk rate price $0.60)

(24) Green 16x16 Baseplates. $1.50 each (bulk rate price $ 1.20)

(25) Dark Bley 8x16 Bricks. $1.25 (bulk rate price $1.00)

You will be responsible for shipping, but I am willing to ship anywhere in the
world, and I take Paypal, MO, or personal check, though you will have to wait
for it to clear before shipping.

If anyone would like to know more about the club, or would like info on
sponsoring one of our students, I'll send them more info and can answer any
quesitons here, or via email.
Thanks for taking the time to check out the sale. I can be reached at
karl_e_paulsen@ STOPSPAMMERS hotmail . com

The 16x16 baseplates are gone, but I've got plenty of the 8x16 plates and
bricks. I'm a very motivated seller, so if you'd like to make an offer, send it
my way.  Best prices and for a good cause!
Grace and Peace,
Karl

Subject:
Buy Cheap Baseplates for a good cause!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:54:03 GMT

[...]

Re: Help me pay for my Disney Internship -- thank you
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2009 01:54:10 GMT

2 large Ziplocs of RED mixed slopes --$30 for both bags shipped anywhere in the USA

All is now sold aside from the red slopes. thank you to all. ondrew

Subject:
4565 Freight and Crane Railway and 3739 Blacksmith Shop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 18:41:10 GMT

I have a couple of great classic sets for sale in my Bricklink shop:

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=thomasmain

Take a look at the photos of the 4565 Freight and Crane Railway and 3739 Blacksmith Shop that I have for sale in this Brickshelf folder:

Great prices and good value to be found for the lucky shopper.

-T

-- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu

Re: Help me pay for my Disney Internship -- Stuff for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 20:02:12 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   Hey all, I have been chosen out of many applicants to work as an intern at Walt Disney world and attend Disney University over this summer. Rumor has it I’m one of aproxamently 1200 nation wide to be selected. I am truly excited about this opportunity but I need cash to get myself down there.

The following list is excess Lego I have been holding for just such an event.

stuff still avalible!

-3 sets of OLD GREY 9v switches -- $90 for all 3 shipped anywhere in the USA

2 large Ziplocs of black mixed slopes -- $20 a bag shipped anywhere in the USA

2 large Ziplocs of RED mixed slopes --$30 for both bags shipped anywhere in the USA

-1000 1x2x2 trans black panels $100 shipped anywhere in the USA

BURPS + LERPS
  • 17 old DK grey lerps
  • 3 old grey lerps
  • 2 new DK grey berps
  • 12 old DK grey berps
  • 7 old grey berps
total 41 berps & lerps $55 shipped anywhere in the USA

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/roj2323/ideas/burps2.jpg

I need to get around $350 together to get myself down from Chicago to Disney world and back so if you are looking for anything else you think I might have ask. Also, as much as I hate to ask for help, donations would sincerely be helpful and appreciated.

OnDrew J Hartigan

PAYPAL - ROJ2323 AT yahoo dot com

Subject:
Help me pay for my Disney Internship -- Stuff for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 20:23:19 GMT

Hey all,
I have been chosen out of many applicants to work as an intern at Walt Disney
world and attend Disney University over this summer. Rumor has it I’m one of
aproxamently 1200 nation wide to be selected. I am truly excited about this
opportunity but I need cash to get myself down there.

The following list is excess Lego I have been holding for just such an event.

-3 sets of 100% new 9v switches --  $90 for all 3 shipped anywhere in the USA

-2 large Ziplocs of black mixed slopes -- $20 a bag shipped anywhere in the USA

-2 large Ziplocs of RED mixed slopes --$30 for both bags shipped anywhere in the
USA

-1000 1x2x2 trans black panels $100 shipped anywhere in the USA

I need to get around $350 together to get myself down from Chicago to Disney
world and back so if you are looking for anything else you think I might have
ask. Also, as much as I hate to ask for help, donations would sincerely be
helpful and appreciated.

OnDrew J Hartigan

PAYPAL - ROJ2323 AT yahoo dot com

Want to Buy: 16-20 similarly colored Kraata
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 01:34:36 GMT

I recently found a great use for Kraata for an upcoming project. But I do not
have enough Kraata, and Bricklink tends to sell them one-offs as collectibles.

I need 16-20 Kraata of the same basic color scheme. I would prefer them to be
some combination of red, black, gold, tan or yellow, but I will entertain any
offers that cover the quantity I need.

Please reply to this thread or email me at aaronsneary@gmail.com

Thank you

Aaron Sneary

Subject:
Last chance to get the chimney
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2009 16:52:40 GMT

Hello

On Monday 6th of April will this glued lego model be trashed, if noone wants it.

The model is huge, as you can compage it with me. Shipping cost to US/Canada is ~700 USD, within Europe 200-300 EUR. Place an offer for it. I am 1,78m tall, that is some 6 1/4 feet I guess.

More pictures here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=372070

As I need to know fast, phone me on +372 53 959 859 (mobile). I will probably not read any email in time.

WBR Sonnich

Subject:
New Panzer IV kit from Dan Siskind under $100!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:20:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Countless people have asked me to bring by my tank kits since I stopped selling them. Unfortunately the level of detail I included in most of my old models meant a $200-300 price tag and well beyond most peoples’ budgets. While contemplating my new generation of kits I have made a conscious decision to keep as historically accurate as possible, yet sacrifice some details in order to keep the price down. This brand new Panzer IV is not only be my first new custom tank model in almost six years but also the first to be priced under $100.

Panzer IV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_IV) was the workhorse of the German tank fleet in World War Two and this Ausf. G model is equipped with the deadly long-barrel 75mm high velocity gun. The tan color perfectly reflects later war standard production and would be typical of the fearsome Ausf. G models that smashed the American line at Kasserine Pass.

My kit contains 670 pieces and features revolving turret, poseable main gun, stowaway antenna, three opening hatches, and a tank commander minifig. The hull-mounted machine gun is a special MG42 prototype provided by http://www.brickarms.com (yes, I know the real thing has an MG34 but no such gun is currently available). While I am not including decals to keep costs down, Archer Fine Transfers (http://www.archertransfers.com/) offers an entire host of 1:35 dry transfers to for an additional level of detail.

I plan to create a supplementary set of instructions for a more advanced version of this model as part of my Instructions Club. The advanced instructions will include interior details, engine compartment, working suspension, and other details left out of the kit version. If there is enough demand I may even create a parts pack to help with the conversion process.

For more pictures and ordering information is at http://www.brickmania.com

NOTE: I have ordered all the parts necessary for the first 20 models and will be shipping as soon as all the parts arrive. My last kit sold 19 of 20 copies before the first kit was shipped and this one will probably sell out even faster. Don’t delay ordering if you want to get one of the first batch!

As is customary, kit #1 of Batch #1 is being auctioned on eBay this week: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180343101680

Thanks for your continued support!

Dan

Subject:
Star Wars AOTC Lego Store Display 7163 Republic Gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2009 13:24:56 GMT

I found this on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220387840679&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D220387840679%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

or item #220387840679

Subject:
10187 Volkswagen Beetle $91.31 shipped @ Amazon.com + other LEGO deals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:22:55 GMT

LEGO Volkswagen Beetle (10187)
List Price: $119.99
Price: $91.31 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
You Save: $28.68 (24%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-10187-Lego-Volkswagen-Beetle/dp/B0014GI8QM/
(but if ordered at S@H would be $199.99 + 12.95 shipping + 8.64 sales tax =
$141.58 USD, so Amazon works out to $50.27 total savings or 35% off)

LEGO Star Wars MagnaGuard Starfighter (7673)
List Price: $44.99
Price: $33.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
You Save: $11.00 (24%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-MagnaGuard-Starfighter/dp/B00160EZIQ/

LEGO Star Wars V-19 Torrent (7674)
List Price: $54.99
Price: $41.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
You Save: $13.00 (24%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-V-19-Torrent/dp/B0016096YY/

LEGO Indiana Jones Jungle Cutter (7626)
List Price: $39.99
Price: $29.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
You Save: $10.00 (25%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO%C2%AE-Indiana-Jones-Jungle-Cutter/dp/B000Y8G412/

LEGO SpongeBob SquarePants Mrs. Puff's Boating School (4982)
List Price: $49.99
Price: $37.09 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
You Save: $12.90 (26%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-SpongeBob-SquarePants-Boating-School/dp/B000NOC35I/

LEGO Exo-Force Aero Booster (8106)
List Price: $29.99
Price: $18.56 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.
You Save: $11.43 (38%)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000NO9FHC/

LEGO Speed Racer Grand Prix (8161)
List Price: $59.99
Price: $41.14 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
You Save: $18.85 (31%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4521916-Racers-Grand-Prix/dp/B000WO7W32/

LEGO Star Wars Vader's TIE Advanced (10175)
List Price: $99.99
Price: $69.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. You Save:
$30.00 (30%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-10175-Vaders-TIE-Advanced/dp/B000FIH064/

LEGO Bionicle Jetrax T6 (8942)
List Price: $49.99
Price: $29.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
You Save: $20.00 (40%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-8942-Bionicle-Jetrax-T6/dp/B00160D4GA/

LEGO Bionicle Rockoh T3 (8941)
List Price: $39.99
Price: $29.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
You Save: $10.00 (25%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-8941-Bionicle-Rockoh-T3/dp/B001609BJO/

LEGO Racers Ring of Fire (8494)
List Price: $29.99
Price: $17.64 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.
You Save: $12.35 (41%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO%C2%AE-Racers-Ring-of-Fire/dp/B000WNYP42/

LEGO Exo-Force Fight for the Golden Tower (8107)
List Price: $49.99
Price: $34.34 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $15.65 (31%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4498261-Fight-Golden-Tower/dp/B000NOBA2A/

LEGO Star Wars General Grievous (10186)
List Price: $89.99
Price: $49.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
You Save: $40.00 (44%)
http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Star-10186-General-Grievous/dp/B0014GEO6K/
(is $44.99 USD at S@H)

LEGO Speed Racer Cruncher Block and Racer X (8160)
List Price: $39.99
Price: $29.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
You Save: $10.00 (25%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Racers-Cruncher-Block-Racer/dp/B000WOBCG0/

LEGO BIONICLE Toa Undersea Attack (8926)
List Price: $49.99
Price: $30.18 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
You Save: $19.81 (40%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO%C2%AE-BIONICLE%C2%AE-Toa-Undersea-Attack/dp/B000NOBAWA/

LEGO Exo-Force Striking Venom (7707)
List Price: $49.99
Price: $28.68 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
You Save: $21.31 (43%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4285039-Exo-Force-Striking-Venom/dp/B000B74EIG/

LEGO Racers Desert Hammer (8496)
List Price: $49.99
Price: $27.94 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
You Save: $22.05 (44%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-8496-Racers-Desert-Hammer/dp/B00160AXOQ/

LEGO Star Wars Imperial All Terrain Scout Transport AT-ST (10175)
List Price: $79.99
Price: $63.66 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.
You Save: $16.33 (20%)
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Imperial-Terrain-Scout-Transport/dp/B000ETRE42/

A lot of these items are gone out of stores already so if you missed them this
might be your last chance without paying aftermarket prices.
Happy shopping! :)
--
Bill
(TooMuchDew)

Subject:
a few Sales and Deals (expiring soon)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 2009 11:10:00 GMT

LEGO® Exo-Force Striking Venom
$25.00
http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb/Product.bos?itemNumber=4838
$9.95 fixed shipping, Tax in MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA.
unfortunately the 20% off on toys sale (Exp 3/31) excludes LEGO and pools :(
only 19 available as of 05:39, 03/29/2009
(got enough at 50% off at Mall of America LIC last summer + double loyalty card
stamps)
--
Save $10 when you spend $75 or more using PayPal at checkout (ends March 30,
2009)

notable:

LEGO Star Wars: Vader's TIE Advanced (10175)
List Price: $99.99 Our Price: $69.98
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2316597
ok if you missed it at 50% at S@H I guess.

LEGO Star Wars: Imperial AT-ST (All Terrain Scout Transport) (10174)
List Price: $89.99 Our Price: $59.98
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2338158
ok if you missed it at for $49.98 at S@H

LEGO Castle: Troll Battle Wagon (7041)
List Price: $39.99 Our Price: $29.98
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2989838
again, if you missed it at S@H for 27.98

and oddly...

LEGO Mindstorms: Light Sensor (9844)
Our Price: $9.98 ($17.99 at S@H)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3100024

LEGO Mindstorms: Touch Sensor (9843)By: LEGO
Our Price: $9.98 ($17.99 at S@H)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3100023

Supposedly TRU is also running a deal Free LEGO #6161, 221 piece tub
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2629038
if you buy $30+ in LEGO thru 3/29 but the item has read "Out Of Stock,
Temporarily Not Available" since the deal started 3/25 :P
--
Bill
(TooMuchDew)

Re: Fokker Dr.1 "Dreidecker" custom kit by Daniel Siskind
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:38:52 GMT

Just a quick update regarding my Fokker Dr.1 triplane kits. As of March 27th, 2009 I’m still waiting on one small but crucial package of elements to arrive in the mail. Once these arrive I’ll be able to do the final bagging and sealing of the kits. They missing parts have been in the mail for two weeks and I expect them to arrive any day (they are coming an un-named country whose postal system is anything but fast eh?). Needless to say I will have the kits all sent as soon as this last packet of parts arrives.

With 15 out of the first batch of 20 Dr. 1’s already sold, this is the highest selling initial offering of a single Brickmania kit so far. This tells me there is still very much an interest in my work and I will definitely be doing more as soon as time permits. Special thanks to all of you who have bought this kit because it is your enthusiasm that is urging me on!

I am also pleased to announce that http://www.brickarms.com has sent me some limited edition "gun metal blue" and silver pistols to include with these kits (I’ll randomly include on or the other). BrickArms’ owner Will Chapmen has pledged to continue supporting my kits building activities by including hard to find and even prototype elements in my future kits. This is exciting news, especially with a new line of WW2 vehicle kits I am dreaming about... In any case, three cheers to Will and BrickArms for the support!

For those interested in making more WW1 aircraft models, I plan to release instructions for the Spad S.XIII to Brickmania Instructions Club subscribers on April 1st. I’m not sure how many more WW1 models I will be doing, but that’s probably going to be it for a while, because I have so many other models up my sleeve.

Re: Fokker Dr.1 "Dreidecker" custom kit by Daniel Siskind
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:01:14 GMT

I know it’s bad form to respond to your own post, but I want to add that Kit #1 of Batch #1 is now up for auction on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180337505672

Any funds sent for advanced purchase through my web site can be applied to the auction.

Subject:
Fokker Dr.1 "Dreidecker" custom kit by Daniel Siskind
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 2009 03:51:06 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The iconic plane made famous by World War One ace Manfred von Richthofen aka The Red Baron.

Total Pieces: 324 genuine LEGO elements + Mauser pistol from Brickarms http://www.brickarms.com/

Minifigs: 1

Price: $59.95 + Shipping ($54.95 to Brickmania subscribers)

I absolutely fell in love with this model and felt compelled to make it into a kit after six year’s hiatus from new Brickmania releases. The model is perfectly proportioned for minifigs (scale is 1 stud = 1 foot), is surprisingly sturdy, and is just plain fun to “swoosh” around the house.

The Fokker Dr.1 Dreidecker (“tri plane”) is perhaps the most famous airplane of World War One. My model comes in the bold red livery of the war’s top ace Manfred von Richthofen, who scored his final 20 of 80 victories in this fighter. In his own words Richtohofen described the Dr.1: “It climbed like a monkey and maneuvered like the devil.” A total of 320 Dr.1’s were built during the war and it served with distinction until being replaced by the more advanced Fokker D VII (arguably THE best fighter plane of the war).

Model Details: The kit is made up of 324 new LEGO elements (including a “Baron” minifig) and a pistol from Brickarms. Full-color printed building instructions and a singed certificate of authenticity are also included in the sealed box, which is also individually numbered and signed. As with all Brickmania kits, this design will be available for a limited time only and may be discontinued without notice.

Limited availability: The instructions for this model were specifically designed for inclusion in my forthcoming military modeling book and will not be available through my instructions subscription club. Instructions for the Spad S.XIII (the other plane in the picture above) will be available to club members shortly.

Ordering info can be found here: http://www.brickmania.com/world-war-one-kits

More pictures...

Continued: clearance sale, gears, sets, glued set etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 2009 16:37:26 GMT

Hi all

A local lego dealer is selling out of glued models and stuff

Some can be seen here, as well as their condition.
Also, there are lots of Scala and racers and western
There are many sets, and many of them I do not know. They might not be complete,
they might be slightly damaged. There are to many for me ot check them. See list
below.

TECHNIC, SILVER CHAMPION
Also, The 8458 Silver Champion / Formula 1 Racer is available, but as I can see
it, at least 2 parts are missing (tube on the rear), and motor, but I do not
know enough about technic to be sure. NOTE: The Silver Champion is NOT glued,
only built, but instructions and box are missing!
It is very dusty has been in stock for I guess 4-5 years.
There is also a complete set in box (though taped?)

TECHNIC MOTORS
Also, there are motors and stuff like this in that folder

TECHNIC SETS
8266 (2pcs) Spyder Slayer
8462 (2pcs) Tow Truck
8458 Silver Champion, assembled parts missing
8458 Silver Champion, box taped
8458 Silver Champion, new
8307 Turbo Racer
Parts for TECHNIC/Competition 8307 are also available.

GEAR
There are some sepcial glued models.

These are large plates comes with a part of wood, to put on the wall (at home),
and the attach the lego part on top. A brick is next to them for size. They are
meant as decoration for walls in sops or so. There are app 50 of them in 4
colours. Some are used, most are in good/excellent condition.
I asume this guy in incomplete:
Story: the cleaner pushed it down from the shelf. She should be fired.
Lego sign: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3751510

BASEPLATES
A lot of base plates, these are the ones available (examples!)
There are many of them, please ask for as many as you want. Green and blue
plates might come sealed. Also larger grey plates are available (5-10 pcs).

SETS
There is a "floor puzzle", by a German company, for Lego. With Lego logo on it

OTHER SETS
A number of sets are still on stock, these are old, have shelf wear. Some are
still in one shop, some are in stock.
See list below.

SHOWCASES
Some are left, but the small round ones were considered worthless, and therefore
trashed.

Final note: as it is not even totally clear to me what there is, the list is not
100% accurate, there might be more or less. It was a huge job sorting it all for
2 days. I hope it is ok.
This company is planning to close, this is a clearance sale, and most will be
trashed in May 2009, if still present.

Contact me on sonnich at hot dot ee
Ask what you want a give a price.

NEW SETS are here:
------------------

SYSTEM > Supplemental, freestyle etc.
624 9v Basic Motor
636 Pull-back Motor (2 pcs)
3041 {Large Bucket}
4153 5+ Build-N-Store Chest
5206 Speed Computer

DUPLO, Action Wheelers
2912 Radical Racer
2916 MyBot

SCALA
3124 Indie's Stable (2 pcs)
3211 {Girls' Dress and Accessories} (2 pcs)

LEGO Explore
3335 Intelli-Train Starter Set

SYSTEM, Soccer (Football)
3408 Super Sport Coverage

ZNAP
3555 Jeep

Trains
4519 Cross Track (3 pcs)
4548 Electric Train Speed Regulator (2 pcs)

Racers
4568 Loopin (2 pcs)

Jack Stone
4609 Fire Attack Team (1+ pcs)
4610 Res-Q Super Station (2+ pcs)
4611 Police HQ (2+ pcs)
4620 A.I.R. Operations HQ (2+ pcs)

SYSTEM Town/Space
6455 Space Simulation Station
6617 Tough Truck Rally

Life on Mars
7316 Excavation Searcher

Technic
8266 Spyder Slayer (3 pcs)
8307 Turbo Racer
8458 Silver Champion / Formula 1 Racer (2 pcs + one partly)
8462 Tow Truck (2 pcs)
8515 Extra RoboRider Wheels (8+ pcs)
8530 Masks (10+ pcs, different colours)
8720 Power Pack

GLUED SETS are here:
--------------------

LEGO > PRIMO
2093 Ladybird (100 pcs, new)

Ninja
3051 Blaze Attack
3052 Ninja's Fire Fortress

Football
3404 Black Bus
3405 Blue Bus

Trains
4556 Train Station (never opened!)

Racers
4567 Surfer
4584 9+ Hot Scorcher
4585 7+ Nitro Pulverizer

Res-Q
4607 Res-Q Copter Transport

Jack Stone
4609 Fire Attack Team

Underground
4940 Granite Grinder
4950 Loader-Dozer
4959 Loader-Dozer
4970 Chrome Crusher

Model Team
5533 Red Fury
Parts missing, I might be able to find them.

Anvetures
5918 Scorpion Tracker
5928 2+ Bi-Wing Baron
5936 Spider's Secret
5938 Oasis Ambush
5948 Treasure Raiders
5956 air Zeppelin
5976 River Expedition (incomplete)
5978 Sphynx Secret Surprise

Aquazone
6110 Solo Sub
6160  Sea Scorpion
6175 Crystal Explorer Sub / Aquanaut DSRV II
6198 Sting Ray Stormer

Town
6324 Chopper Cop
6325 Package Pick-Up
6326 Town Folks
6327 Turbo Champs
6328 Helicopter Transport
6329 Truck Stop
6330 Cargo Center
6332 Command Post Central
6410 Cabana Beach
6422 Telephone Repair
6423 2+ Mini Tow Truck
6424 Rig Racers
6426 Super Cycle Center
6431 Road Rescue
6432 Speedway Transport
6433 Coastwatch
6434 Roadside Repair
6437 Beach Buggy
6445 Emergency Evac
6451 River Response
6452 Mini Rocket Launcher
6454 Countdown Corner
6456 Mission Control (partly?)
6458 Satellite with Astronaut
6459 Fuel Truck
6462 2+ Aerial Recovery
6464 Super Rescue Complex
6470 2+ Mini-Dump Truck
6471 3+ 4WD Police Patrol
6474 Wheeled Front Shovel
6479 Emergency Response Center
6584 Extreme Team Challenge
6636 Police Headquarters
6748 Boulder Cliff Canyon (NOT GLUED!)
6769 Fort LEGOREDO (2+?)

Space, UFO
6818 Cyborg Scout
6900 Cyber Saucer
6915 Warp Wing-Fighter
6979 Interstellar Starfighter

Dinosauers
7003 10+ Young Dimetrodon

Starwars
7128 Speeder Bikes
7130 Snowspeeder™
7140 X-wing Fighter™
7141 Naboo Fighter™
7171 Mos Espa Podrace™

Life on mars
7317 Aero Tube Hangar

Technic
8202 Blast Off Chopper with Bungee Cord Power!
8226 Mud Masher / Desert Stormer
8233 MC vs. Stinger
8241 Battle Cars
8245 Robot's Revenge
8248 2x Forklift
8252 Beach Buster / Police Car
8253 Fire Helicopter
8268 Scorpion Attack / Plane and Jump-up Animals
8269 cyber Stinger / Uppercut and ball
8279 4WD X-Track BROKEN! See picture
8305 Duel Bikes
8307 Turbo Racer (or parts of, eg tracks)
8444 Air Enforcer / Supercopter
8445 Indy Storm / Formula 1 Racer
8446 Crane Truck / Monster Crane Truck
8457 2+ Power Puller
8470 12+ Slammer G-Force
8471 6+ Nitro Burner
8533 Gali

Re: Glued sets, silver champion and other dealer stuff for sale.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 18:54:22 GMT

Hi all

A local lego dealer is selling out of glued models and stuff.
This post is updated!

[...]

yesterday and today. I hope it is ok,

Contact me on sonnich at hot dot ee
Ask what you want a give a price.

The complete list of glued sets is here:

LEGO > PRIMO
2093 Ladybird

[...]

Subject:
Glued sets, silver champion and other dealer stuff for sale.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 18:51:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all

A local lego dealer is selling out of glued models and stuff

Some can be seen here, as well as their condition.
Also, there are lots of Scala and racers and western
There are many sets, and many of them I do not know. They might not be complete,
they might be slightly damaged. There are to many for me ot check them.

Also, The 8458 Silver Champion / Formula 1 Racer is available, but as I can see
it, at least 2 parts are missing (tube on the rear), but I do not know

enough about technic to be sure. NOTE: The Silver Champion is NOT glued, only
built, but instructions and box are missing!
It is very dusty has been in stock for I guess 4-5 years.

Also, there are motors and stuff like this:
app 3 times as much as on the picture. Please ask. Specify types you want.

These are large plates comes with a part of wood, to put on the wall (at home),
and the attach the lego part on top. A brick is next to them for size.

They are meant as decoration for walls in sops or so. There are app 50 of them
in 4 colours. Some are used, most are in good/excellent condition.

A lot of base plates, these are the ones available (examples!)
There are many of them, please ask for as many as you want. Green and blue
plates might come sealed. Also larger grey plates are available (5-10 pcs).

Final note: as it is not even totally clear to me what there is, the list is not
100% accurate, there might be more or less. It was a huge job sorting

it all today, and we plan to continue tomorrow.

[...]

Subject:
Custom LEGO Russian T-74 Tank by Mechanized Brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 2009 03:34:34 GMT

Legal Notice Required Per Directive Of The LEGO Group for eBay Listings via Legal Analyst of LEGO Systems, Inc. This sale is for FAN MADE CUSTOM BUILDING SET that use LEGO® bricks to create the models. LEGO® is a registered trademark of the LEGO Group which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this product or listing.

I have a Russian JSDF Type-74 Main Battle Tank made out of LEGO bricks that is no longer in production. It was once offer by Mechanized Bricks, a fan based custom military models online vendor.

Specifications
  • 750 LEGO® pieces are used to make the model
  • A detailed turret with 360 degrees of rotation
  • Pose able main gun, mounted machine gun. and episcopes
  • Hull details include: light assemblies, “swinging” driver’s hatch tools (shovel, ax, wrenches), storage compartments, spare tank treads (missing 1 tread see image 5), tow chain, access bay, gas can and rear hatch
  • Includes tank commander, driver, and gunner minifigures
  • Printed building instructions guide
  • The treads on the tank do rotate when you move the tank back and forth

Price
  • I am selling for $500 + shipping ($10 USA/$20 International)
  • Payment to be made via Google Checkout or money order mailed.
Pics

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0001.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0002.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0003.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0004.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0005.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0006.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0007.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0008.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0009.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0010.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0011.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0012.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0013.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0014.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0015.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jediagh/photos/omoc/t-74_0016.jpg

Subject:
LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide VERSION 3 SALE!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2009 22:43:06 GMT

Well I lied... the final copy of Version 3 of The Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts
Collectors Guide has 60 chapters, and 2,200 pages.

I had to wait to get the CDs pressed (happening now), and the extra time gave me
extra time to add a chapter on LEGO Counterfeits and one on the 1949-53
Automatic Binding Bricks (the forerunner to the LEGO brick)... the other
chapters are listed at the bottom of this post.

______________________________________

Plus, there are a few "recession busting" freebies included with a Version 3
sale.  This is also available to previous owners of the Version 1 and/or Version
2 CD owners.

1) a series of LEGO bricks going back to 1949 with the different fonts on them
(while supplies last)...

2) I'm digging thru my 750,000 parts inventory, and giving away $5 worth of MINT
rare parts NOT found in Bricklink....

3) And, now that I have been accepted as a "LEGO Expert" by Paypal, I am
offering $10 worth of free consultation services for each LEGO CD purchaser.
This would include referrals to what rare parts I would consider a good
investment, what to watch out for in EBAY auctions, answers to rare old parts in
your collection that you've never found any reference material on, etc... $10
worth of consultations is a lot more than you would think, since most answers
are either stuck in my head, or within a fingertip reach of my vast archive of
reference material (over 5,000 LEGO images).  Here is an example of consultation
services:

http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=344013
_______________________

For Version 1 and or Version 2 LEGO owners, the Version 3 would be on sale at
great discount.... note THERE WILL NEVER BE A VERSION 4!!!!!!!!!

If I had to give percentages to what Versions 1, 2 and 3 had in information in
relationship to each other... it would be 60%, 80%, 100%.

I have added over 200 new pics since Version 2 CD, as well as 9 new chapters.

If you have a Bricklink account, you can order it at my store:

First time CD buyers....
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg&itemID=12284417

For folks who have purchased version 1 and/or version 2:
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg&itemID=10286301

NOTE:  THERE WILL BE NO VERSION 4!!!!  I'M DONE!!!

If you don't have a Bricklink account, please EMAIL me at:

istokg@earthlink.net

(And don't worry about my Spamblocker, I'll get back to you!)

Also, LEGO Ambassadors get great discount!!  Some of you have EMAILed me while I
was busy funishing the CD, and I appologize for not getting back to you.

Thanks,
Gary Istok

P.S.  The link has some troubles with it (and has not been updated to Version
3)... but it will allow you to see some pics and chapters of the CD that are
free to download:

http://www.geminisystems.net/lego/

____________________

PREFACE

I - LEGO HISTORY

1.0   THE LEGO BRICK - THE EARLY HISTORY (1932-65).
1.1   The LEGO Company Early History (1932-49).
1.2   Automatic Binding Bricks - (1949-1953).
1.3   LEGO Mursten Years - (1953-1955).
1.4   LEGO System of Play - The Early Town Plan Years (1955-1958).
1.5   The Mature Town Plan Years (1958-1965).
1.6   New LEGO Systems & Early Legoland Years (1966-1972).
1.7   LEGO in Transition - The Legoland Years (1973-1979).

2.0  LEGO DISPLAYS, MODEL SHOPS & TOY FAIRS (1955-72).
2.1   LEGO Retailer Displays (1955-72).
2.2   LEGO Model Shops & Display Models (1955-72).
2.3   LEGO Toy Fairs (1959-72).

II - LEGO TOWN SYSTEM SETS

3.0   LEGO TOWN PLAN SETS & BOARDS (1955-83).
3.1   The Town Plan Boards (1955-70).
3.1.1  The 1950’s Style Town Plan Board (1955-62).
3.1.2  The 1960’s Style Town Plan Boards (1959-70).
3.2   The Town Plan Sets (1957-70).
3.2.1  #700 Wooden Box Town Plan Set (1957-62).
3.2.2  Continental Europe #810 Town Plan Set (1961-66).
3.2.3  The Britain/Australia #810 Town Plan Set (1962-67).
3.2.4  USA/Canada #725 Town Plan Set (1961-65).
3.2.5  Britain Kellogg’s #810 Town Plan Set (1967).
3.2.6  USA Sears #842 Town Plan Set (1969-70).
3.2.7  Britain Kellogg’s Village Set (1970).
3.3   Later Town Scene Sets (1970-83).

4.0   LEGO BLUE/YELLOW BASIC & MODEL SETS (1961-65).
4.1   #717 Junior Constructor Set - USA/Canada (1961-65).
4.2   #700/3 Basic Building Set - Denmark/Switzerland (1962-63).
4.3   #712 Wooden Box Set - Germany (1963-65).
4.4   #600/1 Basic Building Set - Britain/Australia (1962-65).

5.0   LEGO BASIC SETS (1949-65).
5.1    Continental Europe/Britain/Australia LEGO Basic Sets (1949-65).
5.1.1   #700/x Basic Set Descriptions by Set #
5.1.2   #700/x Basic Set Descriptions by Box Type
5.1.3   #700/x Switzerland Basic Sets (1957-65).
5.2    USA/Canada Samsonite LEGO Basic Sets (1961-65).

6.0   LEGO UNIVERSAL BUILDING SETS (1965-81).
6.1    Continental Europe/Britain/Australia LEGO Basic Sets (1965-72).
6.1.1   LEGO Basic Sets (1965-70).
6.1.2   LEGO Basic Sets (1968-72).
6.2    USA/Canada Samsonite LEGO Basic Sets (1965-73).
6.3    LEGO Universal Building Sets (1973-75).
6.4    LEGO Universal Building Sets (1976-81).

7.0   LEGO TOWN MODEL SETS (1955-71).
7.1    LEGO Town Plan Model Sets (1955-65).
7.2    LEGO Town/Model Makers Sets (1962-71).

8.0   LEGOLAND TOWN MODEL SETS (1971-79).
8.1    Large Legoland Town Sets (1971-79).
8.2    Small Legoland Town Sets (1971-79).

9.0   USA/CANADA DEPARTMENT STORE CATALOG SETS (1962-75).
9.1    Department Store Catalog Sets in Colorful Boxes (1962-75).
9.2    Department Store Catalog Sets in Brown Cardboard Boxes (1966-72).

10.0  WOODEN BOX LEGO SETS (1950-80).
10.1   Retailer Wooden Boxes (1950-80).
10.2   LEGO #700 Wooden Box Sets (1957-65).
10.3   LEGO Wooden Box Sets (1959-72).
10.4   LEGO Wooden Box Content Lists (1957-72).
10.5   Wooden Box Sets With Red Masonite Lid (1965-78).

11.0  SUITCASE SETS & PLASTIC/CLOTH STORAGE BOXES (1966-87).
11.1   Suitcase & Travel Case Sets (1966-78).
11.2   Plastic Storage Boxes/Storage Cloth (1972-87).

12.0  LEGO PROMOTIONAL SETS (1955-86).
12.1   USA Promotional LEGO Sets (1963-70).
12.2   British Promotional LEGO Sets (1967-80).
12.3   Continental European Promotional LEGO Sets (1972-86).
12.4   World’s Fair LEGO Sets (1964-65).
12.5   LEGO Company Promotional Sets (1958-70).
12.6   Other Company Promotional Sets (1963-75).
12.7   LEGO 1:87 Promotional Cars/Trucks (1955-67).

13.0  LEGO SETS/PARTS NOT PUT INTO PRODUCTION (1955-80).
13.1   LEGO Sets Not Put Into Production (1955-80).
13.2   LEGO Elements Not Put Into Production (1955-80).

III - OTHER LEGO SYSTEM SETS

14.0  LEGO TRAIN SYSTEM (1966-1979).
14.1   LEGO Push/4.5 Volt Train System Sets (1966-79).
14.2   LEGO 12 Volt Train System Sets (1969-79).
14.3   LEGO Train System Service Packs (1970-79).

15.0  LEGO PRE-SCHOOL, DUPLO & NURSERY BRICKS (1950-1979).
15.1   Early LEGO Pre-School (1950-53).
15.2   Samsonite/European LEGO Pre-School (1964-72).
15.3   LEGO Duplo/Pre-School/Nursery Bricks (1969-79).

16.0  LEGO MOTORS/GEARS & EXPERT BUILDER SYSTEM (1965-1980).
16.1   LEGO Motors (1965-80).
16.2   Samsonite LEGO Gears (1965-72).
16.3   European LEGO Gears (1970-77).
16.4   LEGO Expert Builder/Technical Sets (1977-80).

17.0  EARLY LEGO CASTLE SYSTEM (1959-83).
17.1   Early LEGO Castle (1959-77).
17.2   Early Classic LEGO Castle Sets (1978-83).

18.0  EARLY LEGO SPACE SYSTEM (1964-81).
18.1   Early LEGO Space (1964-78).
18.2   Early Classic LEGO Space Sets (1978-81).

19.0  HOMEMAKER SETS & LEGO SETS WITH PEOPLE (1971-82).
19.1   Early LEGO Doll House Furniture (1959-65).
19.2   Samsonite LEGO Doll House Furniture (1965-66).
19.3   Homemaker LEGO Sets (1971-1982).
19.4   LEGO Building Sets with People/Family Sets (1974-1980).
19.5   LEGO Basic Sets with People (1976-1981).

20.0  LEGO HOBBY SETS (1975-79).
20.1   LEGO Hobby Model Sets.(1975-79).

21.0  LEGO MINITALIA SETS & PARTS (1971-1977).
21.1   LEGO Minitalia History (1971-77).
21.2   LEGO Minitalia Parts (1971-77).
21.3   Minitalia/Minitalia-Like Sets (1971-77).

22.0  EUROPEAN ARCHITECTURAL LEGO SETS (1963-65).
22.1   Architectural LEGO Sets (1963-65).
22.2   Architectural LEGO Spare Parts Packs (1963-65).

IV - LEGO - MISCELLANEOUS SETS & ACCESSORIES

23.0  LEGO CARS & TRUCKS w/ METAL WHEELS (1953-70).
23.1   1:87 LEGO Cars w/ Metal Wheels (1956-69).
23.2   1:87 LEGO Trucks w/ Metal Wheels (1955-1970).
23.3   1:87 LEGO Car/Truck Multi-Packs (1965-69).
23.4   Non LEGO System Trucks & 1:43 Trucks (1953-58).

24.0  LEGO IDEA BOOKS, MAGAZINES AND BOOKLETS (1950-80).
24.1   Early LEGO Mursten Building Idea Brochure (1950-55)
24.2   Early Unnumbered LEGO Building Idea Booklets (1955-63).
24.3   LEGO Building Idea Leaflets/Booklets (1959-65).
24.4   LEGO Building Idea Book #238 Variations (1960-68).
24.5   LEGO Building Idea Books (1966-75).
24.6   Magazine Style LEGO Idea Books (1973-80).
24.7   Unnumbered LEGO Books/Blueprints (1965-68).

25.0  EDUCATIONAL/INSTITUTIONAL LEGO SETS (1961-80).
25.1   LEGO Educational Sets (1961-80).

26.0  EARLY LEGO SPARE PARTS PACKS (1950-66).
26.1   Spare Parts Packs (1950-55).
26.2   Spare Parts Packs (1955-58).
26.3   Spare Parts Packs (1959-66).
26.4   Spare Parts Pack Content Variations (1955-66).
26.5   #235/#1235 Garage Pack Box Styles (1955-66).
26.6   Spare Parts Pack Brochures (1955-66).

27.0  LEGO SPARE PARTS PACKS (1966-79).
27.1   LEGO Spare Parts Packs (1966-73).
27.1.1  Continental Europe Spare Parts Packs (1966-68).
27.1.2  Continental Europe Spare Parts Packs (1969-72).
27.1.3  Britain/Australia Spare Parts Packs (1966-72).
27.1.4  USA Samsonite Spare Parts Packs (1966-72).
27.1.5  Canada Samsonite Spare Parts Packs (1966-68).
27.1.6  Canada Samsonite Spare Parts Packs (1969-73).
27.2   LEGO Spare Parts Packs (1973-79).

28.0  LEGO SERVICE PACKS & INDIVIDUAL PART SALES (1950-85).
28.1   Denmark - Individual Part Sales (1950-65).
28.2   Continental Europe - Retailer 1:87 Vehicle Boxes (1957-64).
28.3   Continental Europe - Retailer Window/Door Boxes (1957-66).
28.4   Britain/Australia - Mail Order Service Packs (1970-76).
28.5   Continental Europe Individual Specialty Parts Sales (1972-76).
28.6   Continental Europe/Britain/Australia - Service Packs (1977-85).
28.7   USA - Mail Order Service Packs (1980-84).

V - LEGO - PARTS

29.0  LEGO WINDOWS AND DOORS (1949-86).
29.1   Automatic Binding Bricks - Windows/Doors (1949-55).
29.2   Early Classic LEGO Windows/Doors with Wings (1954-56).
29.3   Classic LEGO Windows/Doors (1956-86).
29.4   1970’s Era LEGO Windows/Doors (1971-86).
29.5   Modern LEGO Windows/Doors (1978-86).
29.6   LEGO Utility Doors & Shutters (1967-86).

30.0  LEGO TREES & BUSHES (1955-90).
30.1   Early LEGO Trees & Bushes (1955-60).
30.2   LEGO Trees & Bushes (1960-72).
30.3   LEGO Trees & Bushes - USA/Canada (1963-72).
30.4   Granulated LEGO Trees & Bushes (1970-74).
30.5   Modern LEGO Trees (1974-90).

31.0  LEGO GARAGES/SERVICE STATIONS & ACCESSORIES (1955-85).
31.1   LEGO Garages w/ Garage Doors (1955-82).
31.1.1 LEGO Town Plan Flip-up Garages (1955-71)
31.1.2 LEGO 1:87 Auto Garages (1962-70).
31.1.3 1970’s LEGO Garages (1971-82).
31.2   LEGO Open Garages (1957-75).
31.3   Esso Service Station & Accessories (1955-67).
31.4   Shell Service Station & Accessories (1966-85).
31.5   Exxon Service Station & Accessories - USA (1979-85).

32.0  LEGO TOWN ACCESSORIES (1955-87).
32.1   LEGO Flags (1957-86).
32.1.1  LEGO Wavy Flags (1957-73).
32.1.2  LEGO Straight Country/LEGO Flags with Stickers (1973-82).
32.1.3  LEGO Non-Country Straight Flags (1973-86).
32.2   LEGO Road Signs (1955-87).
32.2.1  Early LEGO Road Signs (1955-72).
32.2.2  Tall LEGO Road Signs (1969-87).
32.3   LEGO Streetlights (1957-72).
32.4   LEGO Bicyclists/Motorcyclists (1956-65).
32.5   LEGO Police/Traffic Accessories (1956-81).
32.5.1  LEGO Traffic Police & Accessories (1956-65)
32.5.2  LEGO Police Freestanding Sign (1976-82)
32.6   LEGO Antennas (1969-86).
32.7   LEGO Lighting Device (1957-86).

33.0  PRINTED & PAINTED LEGO ELEMENTS & STICKERS (1955-1986).
33.1   LEGO Printed Beams (1955-65).
33.2   LEGO Printed Beams (1966-85).
33.3   LEGO Printed Train Beams (1966-80).
33.4   LEGO Alphabet/Number Bricks (1957-86).
33.5   LEGO Stickers (1971-82).
33.6   Painted LEGO Parts (1955-72).

34.0  LEGO BRICKS (1949-80).
34.1   LEGO Slotted Bricks (1949-56).
34.2   LEGO Non-Slotted Hollow Bottom Bricks (1956-58).
34.3   LEGO Stud Fonts and Pat. Pend. (1955-Present).
34.4   LEGO Tube Bottom/Post Bottom Bricks (1958-80).
34.5   LEGO 2 Stud Wide Bricks (1949-80).
34.6   LEGO 1 Stud Wide Bricks (1954-80).

35.0  LEGO PLATES (1955-80).
35.1   Waffle Bottom & Early Circle Bottom Plates (1955-72).
35.2   Waffle/Circle Bottom Plate Variations (1956-72).
35.3   Small Circle Bottom LEGO Plates (1963-80).
35.4   Large Circle Bottom LEGO Plates (1963-80).
35.5   Modified LEGO Plates (1966-80).

36.0  LEGO ARCHITECTURAL ELEMENTS (1954-92).
36.1   1x1 Round Bricks (1954-Present).
36.2   1x1 Fat (Minifig Head) Round Bricks (1975-92).
36.3   2x2 Quarter Circle/2x4 Half Circle Curved Bricks (1955-80).
36.4   2x2 Round Bricks & Plates (1978-82).
36.5   LEGO Lattice Fences/Gates (1966-92).
36.6   LEGO Arch Bricks (1971-93).
36.7   LEGO Tiles (1965-80).

37.0  LEGO SLOPED BRICKS (1958-86).
37.1   LEGO 45 Degree Slope Bricks (1958-79).
37.2   LEGO 33 Degree Low Slope Bricks (1971-84).
37.3   LEGO 75 Degree Steep Slope Bricks (1978-86).
37.4   LEGO Inverted Slope Bricks (1976-86).

38.0  WHEEL,VEHICLE & TRAIN ACCESSORIES (1963-79).
38.1   LEGO Town Wheels, Tires and Axles (1963-79).
38.2   LEGO Truck & Car Accessories (1963-79).
38.3   LEGO Train Wheels & Accessories (1966-79).

39.0  LEGOGEAR & EXPERT BUILDER/TECHNIC PARTS (1965-82).
39.1   LEGO Samsonite and European Gears & Accessories (1965-79).
39.1.1 LEGO Samsonite Gears in USA/Canada (1965-73).
39.1.2 LEGO European Gears (1970-79).
39.2   LEGO Expert Builder/Technic Accessories (1977-82).

40.0  LEGO AIRPLANE, JET& BOAT PARTS (1970-80).
40.1   LEGO Airplane/Jet/Rocket Parts & Accessories (1970-80).
40.2   LEGO Boat Parts & Accessories (1973-80).

41.0  LEGO MINIFIG’S/MAXIFIG’S & ACCESSORIES (1974-82).
41.1   LEGO Maxifig & Accessories (1974-82).
41.2   Old & New LEGO Minifig’s & Accessories (1975-82).

42.0  LEGO EARLY CLASSIC SPACE ACCESSORIES (1979-80).
42.1   LEGO Space Accessories (1979-80).

43.0  LEGO HOMEMAKER ACESSORIES (1971-82).
43.1   LEGO Homemaker Accessories (1971-82).

44.0  LEGO BASEPLATES & ROAD PLATES (1951-85).
44.1   LEGO 10x20 Thick Baseplates (1951-85).
44.2   LEGO 10x10 Thick Baseplates (1961-70).
44.3   LEGO Thin Baseplates (1965-94).
44.4   LEGO Roadway Baseplates (1970-80).

45.0  THE LEGO PLASTICS - CELLULOSE ACETATE & ABS.
45.1   Cellulose Acetate - The Unstable Plastic (1949-70).
45.2   Problems with Cellulose Acetate LEGO Sets.
45.3   Switch to ABS Plastic (1963-70)
45.4   Problems with ABS Plastic (1963-80).

VI - OTHER LEGO INFORMATION

46.0  EARLY LEGO CATALOGS (1950-65).
46.1  Early LEGO Catalogs.

47.0  LEGO PICTURED PARTS CATALOG (1949-67).
47.1  Individual LEGO Parts Catalog (1949-67).
47.2  Regional LEGO Parts Catalog (1955-66).

48.0  LEGO BOXES & IMAGES - DESIGNS & ARTWORK (1949-80).
48.1  LEGO Box Top Designs (1949-80).
48.2  LEGO Box Artwork (1956-59).
48.3  LEGO Boxes/Images with Christiansen Family Members (1950-71).

49.0 LEGO INSTRUCTIONS, CONTENT LISTS & BROCHURES (1949-82).
49.1 Automatic Binding Bricks Instructions & Idea Booklets (1949-53).
49.2 LEGO Mursten Instructions (1954-55).
49.3 LEGO Model & Basic Set Instructions (1955-65).
49.4 LEGO Town Plan Set Instructions & Content Lists (1961-67).
49.5 LEGO Spare Parts Pack Instructions (1955-65).
49.6 LEGO Wooden Box Set Content Lists & Booklets (1957-78).
49.7 LEGO Architectural Set Instructions & Booklets (1963-65).
49.8 LEGO Basic Set Instructions (1965-79).
49.9 LEGO Model Set Instructions (1965-79).
49.10 LEGO Castle System Instructions (1978-82).
49.11 LEGO Technic/Expert Builder System Instructions (1977-82).

50.0  EXCLUSIVE LEGO ELEMENTS BY REGION (1949-85).
50.1  Denmark Only LEGO Items.
50.2  Norway Only LEGO Items.
50.3  Sweden Only LEGO Items.
50.4  Denmark/Norway/Sweden Only LEGO Items.
50.5  Continental European Only LEGO Items.
50.6  Specific Country Continental European Only LEGO Items.
50.7  Britain/Australia/Ireland Only LEGO Items.
50.8  Europe/Australia Only LEGO Items.
50.9  Europe/Australia/Canada Only LEGO Items.
50.10 USA/Canada Only LEGO Items.
50.11 USA Only LEGO Items.
50.12 Canada Only LEGO Items.

51.0  LEGO RETAILER BINDERS & CATALOGS (1953-70).
51.1  LEGO Retailer Binders & Catalogs.

52.0  LEGO RETAILER DISPLAY MODEL CATALOGS (1958-61).
52.1  LEGO Retailer Display Model Catalogs.

53.0  LEGO MAGAZINE ADVERTISEMENTS (1953-80).
53.1  LEGO Magazine Advertisements.

54.0  USA/CANADA MAIL ORDER CATALOG LEGO SALES (1962-75).
54.1  USA/Canada Department Store LEGO Mail Order Advertisements.

55.0  LEGO LOGOS (1936-PRESENT).
55.1  Old LEGO Company Logos.

56.0  LEGO SALES OFFICES (1944-Present).
56.1  LEGO Sales Offices by Country/Year.

APPENDIX A - 1961 PROTOTYPE #717 JUNIOR CONSTRUCTOR SET - INSTRUCTIONS AND
HISTORY.

APPENDIX B - LEGO CLONES & OTHER BUILDING TOY SYSTEMS.

LEGO INSURANCE PRICE LIST in Dollars

LEGO INSURANCE PRICE LIST in Euros

Subject:
2,092 Page LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide VERSION 3 Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 22:33:30 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi folks,

The 3rd and FINAL version of my UNOFFICIAL LEGO SETS/PARTS COLLECTORS GUIDE -
1949-1980's is now available for sale.

It contains 56 chapters (version 1 had 45 chapters, version 2 had 51 chapters).

This is my final COMPLETE version.  There will not be a Version 4!!!!  (just a
future Volume 2 for the years 1980's to 1990's).

The CD has these statistics:
____________________________

56 Chapters

2 Appendices (1 on the prototype #717 Junior Constructor + building
instructions, the other on LEGO Clones).

2,092 pages (includes a 393 page $$ and 393 page EURO Insurance Price Guides).

2,000 color and black/white set, part and historic images (black/white images
are from 1940's/1950's).

260,000 words.

The format is such that you can print any or all chapters that you wish!  Both
European and USA page formats.

CD is also MAC compatible!!!!
____________________________

The CD has the history and listing for all old LEGO sets from 1949 until the
1980's, including many sets never before seen.  Included some set/part images
and information that is not even in the LEGO Archives!!

The CD is $26.95 (plus less than $2.50 shipping worldwide, less in USA/Canada)

For folks who own Version 1 and/or Version 2 of the LEGO CD, please EMAIL me
directly for great discounts....

istokg@earthlink.net   (Don't worry about my spamblocker!)

For more information on the Version 3 CD check my website for free download
chapters and photos:

http://www.geminisystems.net/lego/

Since the website has been experiencing some technical difficulties, and if you
have trouble ordering, just EMAIL me directly.

The new Version 3 CD has new chapters on LEGO advertisements, LEGO department
store catalog exclusive sales, LEGO retailer display models, LEGO retailer
display items (shelves, showcases, signage, display stands, etc), LEGO toy
fairs, a chronological history of the LEGO logos, lots of new promotional items,
new never been seen prototypes, etc... all stuffed into a 2,092 page CD!!

At least 60% of the version 2 chapters have changed, 90% of the version 1
chapters.

The first dozen orders get some freebie 1950's slotted bricks.

Cheers,
Gary Istok

P.S.  The CD can also be purchased from my Bricklink store:
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg

P.P.S. Here is a breakdown of what is in the CD:

[...]

Subject:
Display figures and old set for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 10:00:15 GMT

As the header says:

display figures
old sets from 1968~73
catalogs (more to come)

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=sonnich

WBR
Sonnich

Subject:
Old Lego Sets for sale?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 04:15:18 GMT

I have had some of these ( what I consider ) really old Lego sets. I don't
really want or need these sets. I have the boxes maybe some instructions and a
box of ( maybe all? ) the pieces. I am planning to try to split them out, but
would rather just sell them all. Someone I work with wanted to get rid of them a
few years ago and I didn't want him to toss them, so I bought them, figuring I
could sell them to someone that would actually want them.

I can email pictures and more decriptions, but some of the sets are 111, 205 and
285. Those are probably the biggest ones and I don't even know if all the pieces
are there, but there are quite a few pieces in the box. ( When he sold them to
me, there were maybe 5-6 lego boxes with some pieces in each inside a larger box
with a bucket with a lot more pieces ( I assume from the sets ).

Alot of these bricks seem to be in really good shape for as old as they are. The
rubber tires still feel like new as well.

If anyone is interested, let me know. Otherwise, I might just donate them to the
library or Museum around here or maybe just keep them, haven't decided yet.

Subject:
McDonald's HappyMeal(R) 1984 Instruction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2009 01:00:36 GMT

Hello All,
I've been organizing my collection and came across some instructions that I
can't find on Peeron or here on Lugnet.

It is in good condition and I'd like it to get to someone who collects
instructions and who would scan it for the community.

Please contact me @ christina.hitchcock@gmail[Dot]com its the only account I
still check.

Christina

Subject:
Display figures for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:56:51 GMT

Hi all

I have 5-6 display figures for sale.
See them here:

The one with the hat turned has some scrathes where it has been turned. It looks
like it has been turned more than it is now, and I do not dare to violently turn
it back.

They are all a bit dusty after storage, I have not washed them (= not made
anything bad)

WBR
Sonnich

Subject:
Darth Vader bust for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:36:53 GMT

Hi all

There is a Darth Vader bust, og his head partly only. It is made by lego, as
part as a "build Darth Vader challenge" and glued together.
Anyone interested?

WBR
Sonnich

Subject:
half curve switches for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:46:32 GMT

In recent months I have essentially shut down my custom track operation but I need to pay for college classes so I’m cleaning house.

Currently i have 3 sets of half curve switches available.

$110 per set shipped. Canadians please add $10.

Price includes 1 pair of switches and 4 curve tracks to complete a half circle.

please email me for payment instructions.

ONDREW --- roj2323 AT yahoo DOT com

Some of the possibilities

Re: The BrickPrinter is now in operation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 22:48:18 GMT

http://www.brickengraver.com/images/Printed/BrickCon08_large.jpg

Wow. On the 1x2 tiles you can read the "people building community" part of the
BrickJournal logo. The Indiana Jones tile looks fantastic. What dpi are those
printed at?

Re: The BrickPrinter is now in operation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 18:38:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tommy Armstrong wrote:
[ SNIP ]

Hey, Tommy---

Did you get the email and pictures I sent you?

Paul Sinasohn
LUGNET #115
BAYLUG

Re: FS: Instruction books from 1979-2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.inst
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:56:38 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
I'm helping my parents clear out the attic. I've got most of my old instructions
for the sets here, excluding anything after 2004:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/mlist.cgi?m=262

Some are missing, torn, or folded, but in general they're in good shape.
Total weight is about 37.5 lbs, so shipping will be about $40. Email me your
best offer!

No partial sales...it's all or nothing.

Sold, thanks!

FS: Instruction books from 1979-2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.inst
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2008 18:52:31 GMT

I'm helping my parents clear out the attic. I've got most of my old instructions
for the sets here, excluding anything after 2004:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/mlist.cgi?m=262

Some are missing, torn, or folded, but in general they're in good shape.
Total weight is about 37.5 lbs, so shipping will be about $40. Email me your
best offer!

No partial sales...it's all or nothing.

WTB: 80 Assorted Star Wars Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2008 00:13:47 GMT

I need about 80 Star Wars minifigs to put in goody bags for an upcoming
conference. Few, if any AFOLs will be in attendance. I am fine with common figs
like Luke, R2, and Chewbacca, but no battle droids please. Thank You.

Subject:
Selling Old MAERSK Ship Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:38:35 GMT

Most of you know that Maersk is the Danish transportation company that commissioned TLG to produce several truck and ship models since 1974.

The most famous Maersk LEGO models are the 2 Maersk LEGO ships. The first was the extremely expensive 1974 released #1650 Maersk Line Container Ship that has sold on EBAY recently for up to $2700 in MISB (YIKES!!)

The 2nd famous Maersk LEGO model was 10152 Maersk Sealand Container Ship of 2004-2006.

There was a much earlier 3rd Maersk ship that TLG made... the Regina Maersk. Unfortunately there were 3 stikes against this model.... 1) it was only made for LEGO retailers from 1959-61, 2) it was made of Cellulose Acetate, so surviving models would have a lot of warped LEGO elements, and 3) there are no known survivors of this LEGO model... in nearly 9 years of searching on EBAY (USA and Europe), I have never seen this one come up for sale.

So I decided to research and build the 1959 Regina Maersk (LEGO model #0751).

The original real (non-LEGO) ship was built in the shipyards of Odense Denmark in 1954, and launched in 1955. It was the first ever Maersk Line ship that had a Maersk blue hull, a trademark of all Maersk ships today.

The 1959-61 LEGO Regina Maersk Ship #0751 was built with regular blue bricks, and virtually no specialty LEGO elements (they didn’t exist in 1959).

So what I have done is study the 1959 LEGO retailer catalog model as well as other images of it, and rebuilt this ship using Maersk blue LEGO elements(first introduced in 1974), as well as a few sloped and inverse sloped bricks (not available in 1959) and real LEGO Maersk stickers... and built my own MOC of the very first LEGO Maersk Ship for sale... “The Regina Maersk”...

The ship is a full 2 ft. (60 cm) long (when assembled), and will come as loose parts with building instructions. Also included will be 12 mint classic 1x1x1 white windows, which are used in the original model, as well as mint LEGO Maersk stickers for completing the model.

I am hoping to build up to 10 of these models, and am taking pre-orders for an after Christmas delivery. (Now you know what to do with your holiday gift money ;-D!)

The price is $99 (shipping extra), and that will include a complimentary copy of my newest LEGO CD Version 2.1... (a $26.95 value) which has the images of the entire old 1959 retailer catalog that the Regina Maersk retailer model ship came in.

Also, anyone who wants this ship and complimentary LEGO CD, and wants to prepay now... the first few pre-payed orders will also get either a #455 LEAR JET (original mint parts and sticker sheet only), or a #1119 STEAM PISTON PACK (for building a Thatcher Perkins Locomotive or a #725/#726 12V Train).

Ironically the #455 Lear Jet was ONLY sold in USA/Canada in the mid 1970’s, and the #1119 Steam Piston pack was ONLY sold in Europe and Australia in the late 70’s and early 80’s).

If you want to order this quickly and get the freebie #455 or #1119 (a $20 plus value), you can Paypal me at: istokg@earthlink.net. (Don’t worry, I won’t skip town! :-D)

Since that’s my EMAIL address also, send any inquiries to that EMAIL address. Don’t worry about Spamblocker.

Also,

Here’s a pic of the original 1959 LEGO retailer catalog image of the model (I use the positioning of the smoke stacks differently, but that can be changed):

This model is MUCH NICER in Maersk blue than regular blue!!

Happy Holidays!! Gary Istok

P.S. I likely couldn’t have these done before Christmas, since I’m still upgrading the 1500 page Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide (1949-1980’s).

Subject:
10-piece 3-way LEGO Train Switch set 9v ONE OF A KIND!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 22:54:48 GMT

10-piece 3-way LEGO Train Switch set 9v ONE OF A KIND!

Up for bid is a 10 piece 3-way LEGO Train Switch set. This is by far the most
useful and unique set of parts I have ever made. If you are into building highly
complex LEGO Train layouts this is the kit for you.

This one of a kind kit includes:

(1) 3-way stubby switch  -this is THE ONLY ONE IN EXISTENCE ON THE PLANET!
(1) Left hand stubby switch
(1) Right hand stubby switch
(2) Half curves
(2) Parallelograms
(2) Curve tracks
(1) Straight track

These 10 pieces give you literally tons of options in creating elaborate space
saving layout configurations. CHECK OUT THIS LINK FOR IDEAS:
XXXXX

Save yourself the hassles
Open your mind to new track options
Build that crazy layout of your dreams
Have something to show off at your next train club meeting or show

All you have to do is BID TODAY!

FREE SHIPPING

ON EBAY now at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=270309948809

there is no reserve but there is a buy it now at $400.00
auction ends december 5th around 4:30pm central time

thank you for your intrest, ondrew
p.s. i'm selling this to pay for college classes

followups [lugnet.market.auction] only please.

Subject:
RARE Lego Soft Set - Brand New in Box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:20:01 GMT

This Item for sale is a 84 piece box of Lego Soft. This is extremely hard to
find lego that is only sold through educational supply stores and has recently
been retired from production. This box has never been opened, brand new lego!
This lego is a lot larger than duplo or lego, it is for children 2 years and up
and a great gift for the busy little builder in your life. Don't miss out on
this deal! This set retails for $369.99 regularly! Asking $250.00!

This award-winning set is loaded with standard, decorated and curved LEGO SOFT
elements, making it easy for children to build life-sized figures, walls, towers
and obstacle courses.

Subject:
Used clear bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2008 14:00:51 GMT

Hi all

I am searching for used clear bricks, in any shape an condition. Well, used are
preferred, as I'd like to hide what is inside (behind the window).
Well, any condition, please contact me

In general, I am looking for used bricks in red, white, brown, green and to some
extent black.

WBR
Sonnich

Subject:
LEGO Architecture sets available through Shop@Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:32:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Oh thankfully, I no longer have to fly to Chicago and hunt for the 1/2 dozen
stores that sell the ultra-exclusive LEGO Architecture sets. I can finally pay
28.6 cents per piece for these unique and original stacks of black bricks.

You too can own, the Sears Tower
(http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=21000&cn=245&d=100) or the John
Hancock Center (http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=21001&cn=245&d=100)
for only $20.00 each.

Better hurray though! At these prices, they will not last too long!

Todd

Subject:
Huge BL sale at brickstore.net!!! 11/09/2008 ONLY!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2008 10:32:08 GMT

20% all PLATE IN STOCK, over 200,000 elements!

Sale is ONLY today!!! So buy away or lose out!

We have more of the Aquazone figs offline (doing inventory check) so if you want
more let us know and we will post the special for you once we finish counting!!!

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=PBM&itemID=10346097

ALL Bionicle figs 10% OFF

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=PBM&itemID=10345063

ALL Aquazone figs 30% OFF

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=PBM&itemID=10345171

ALL Castle figs 10% off

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=PBM&itemID=10719645

ALL star wars figs 10% off

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=PBM&itemID=10342393

ALL PLATE MADNESS SALE

Feel free to contact us about your inventory needs; http://www.brickstore.net

Re: Long time... sets for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2008 19:05:26 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
Hi

I have had kind of a dark age for some time, and I want to sell some stuff

Also, I have a bunch of catalogs 1971, 1979-200x in different languages and
other parts... if interested, then write me an offer.

Forgot to mention, that it includes a 10020 (built once, but that once), and a
4555 which has been slightly used.

WBR
Sonnich

Subject:
Long time... sets for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2008 18:51:17 GMT

Hi

I have had kind of a dark age for some time, and I want to sell some stuff

Also, I have a bunch of catalogs 1971, 1979-200x in different languages and
other parts... if interested, then write me an offer.

WBR
Sonnich

Subject:
X-Mas in OCT sale extended!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2008 07:54:02 GMT

All parts now 10% off!!!

Sets from 10-50% off.  Over 2000 sets up for SALE!!!

www.brickmuseumgiftshop.com

Buy them up before they are gone!!!

Subject:
Bricklink SALE!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:52:27 GMT

HUGE sale of sets at 20-30% off!!!

HUGE amount of parts available

Over 1000 figs on HUGE Discount

http://www.brickmuseumgiftshop.com

Re: Last Call: Lions Gate Models town building custom kits - the very last run closes Oct 22
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 04:37:39 GMT

In lugnet.town, Kevin Wilson wrote:
The time has come now for me to stop producing kits, for a variety of
reasons, and I just opened up the very last kit run ever. After this run I
will not be doing any more kits or parts packs at all - although I will
still keep the instructions available. So, if there's something you've been
planning to get "some day" - some day is here!

Last call: ordering closes about 11pm PST on Wed 22 Oct.
<http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/kit-availability.htm Kit Availability>

Kevin

Subject:
Lego Gear 001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 18:54:00 GMT

I am selling a gears set of legos from the 70s.  It is Gears 001. All complete MIB.   asking $125

e-mail lizsellsebay@gmail.com for more info and pictures.

Subject:
Lions Gate Models town building custom kits - the very last run is now open. No more ever after this!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 04:34:21 GMT

As many of you know, since 1999 I've been designing and producing custom
kits of town buildings and other town-related stuff - everything from small
cars through houses, hospitals, a factory, and a 29" long car ferry, to a
3500-piece apartment block model.

The time has come now for me to stop producing kits, for a variety of
reasons, and I just opened up the very last kit run ever. After this run I
will not be doing any more kits or parts packs at all - although I will
still keep the instructions available. So, if there's something you've been
planning to get "some day" - some day is here!
<http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/kit-availability.htm Kit Availability>

As you'll see when you look at the kit availability page, everything now
comes with CD instructions. You are most welcome to print out the
instructions from the CD yourself for your own use. What I plan to do is,
instead of including a CD with just the instructions for the model you
order, I'll send you the multi-model CD which includes your model, so you'll
get the other instructions on the CD as a bonus. Those CDs currently sell
for $19.99 on my web site so if you order something small like a car or
truck which is under $19.99, in effect you get a discount on the CD and a
free kit!

I know the large kits are expensive. If you want to work out an instalment
payment deal, email me and we'll talk about it.

I won't be giving up LEGO, and I will still continue to make the
instructions available. I may even create more models and make them
available as instructions only, never as kits. That does give me more
flexibility when I can use parts that are not so easy to get in large
quantities.

Happy building to all, as the weather closes in on us and indoors becomes
more fun than outdoors!

Kevin

Subject:
Direct Printing onto bricks,fig torsos,fig heads, panels,etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:18:33 GMT

Well Tommy has finally received his machine and familiarized himself with it
enough to pretty confidently say that I am in production. I should be caught up
with my current projects in a week or so and am open for business.

email me.

Now you can have your parts printed directly onto the part.And that of course
includes minifig torsos and heads!

There will be a one time setup fee involved with a price structure that is
quantity weighted--as this process is different from my engraving process. Once
set up and printed there is much less post personalization work to be done.

This thing can really open up great opportunities I think for me and for AFOLs
in that now they can create all kinds of graphics to be included in kits and
displays ane etc. that could never be done before.

Could actually print moc cards on bricks with picture of the moc. Can print
photographs of all kinds onto panels and bricks.

Resolution is really incredible--possibilities are endless.

Business Bricks(tm) are now possible as well as Business Figs(tm). They may
never replace a paper business card because of cost, but make up for it in many
situations because of the impact.

Hopefully will have chance to post some pictures to my flickr account
http://flickr.com/search/?q=brickcon&z=t&page=6
in very near future.

Parts have to be white for full color but black and dark colors seem to work
well on lighter colored bricks. For example brown and black work well over a
yellow head. More experimentation is necessary on colored parts.

Tommy Armstrong
The BrickEngraver and now the BrickPrinter

tfa@brickengraver.com

Subject:
The BrickPrinter is now in operation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 03:00:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

For those going to BrickCon check out some items created with my new printer.
(and of course the badges that I engraved). The quality of this thing is really
outstanding in my opinion. This really opens up all kinds of possibilites for
y'all,I think. From custom printed minifig torsos to business bricks to LUG
logos printed on panels to tiles printed with anything to even pics of your dog
on a panel.

This thing really is a bit of a pardigm shift in the way plastic parts can be
printed.

I think that it also opens up great possibilites for custom kits such that one
could cater them to specific audiences --for example the local grading
contractor with a back hoe or bulldozer with his logo on it would be a great kit
to give away to potential customers. The key I think for really making any money
doing custom kits is to target them to specific audiences. Being able to easily
apply their logo and contact information on them really opens up whole new
markets for anyone really wanting to make custom kits.

I have not had time to do much with it but from what I have done--I am truly
impressed.

Tommy Armstrong

www.brickengraver.com

FS: MISB #6079 Dark Forest Fortress & #6042 Dungeon Hunters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2008 06:24:20 GMT

Hey all,

Looking for that perfect holiday gift for the Castle AFOL in your house? Perhaps
your quest is over! I recently acquired an MISB #6079 Dark Forest Fortress from
my local consignment shop. It really doesn't come much closer to the factory
than this!

The link below provides pictures and a short demo movie!

http://www.xenobuzz.com/MyLegoCreations/6079%20Dark%20Forest%20Fortress.htm

The lowest MISB Bricklink price is $250, I'm asking $200 plus shipping. The box
has already been shrink-wrapped to prevent further weathering.

Another more recent surprise was the discovery of this set:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6042

#6042 Dungeon Hunters has been a little crushed in one corner, and has two razor
cuts on one side where a careless employee slashed open the shipping box with
all the sets inside. However, the interior contents have not fallen out or been
otherwise disturbed.

The lowest MISB Bricklink price is $125! I'm only asking $50 plus shipping.

Hi-res pictures can be made available on request.

Dave S.

Re: The New Expanded Lego Collectors Guide on CD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 03:59:28 GMT

Here's some of the many very rare LEGO items that were added to the Version 2 of
the LEGO CD.  More pictures will be added daily.

Gary Istok

Subject:
1500 page LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide CD now shipping!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2008 21:53:53 GMT

Good News!

LEGO CD's are going out starting today!!

The CD is PC and MAC compatible, and chapters can be printed in either USA or
European paper formats.

Well sorry for the many delays, but the delays meant that the 47 chapters
promised Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide (1949-1980's) will now
contain 51 chapters. And eveyone who ordered one will get both the Dollar AND
Euro Insurance Price Guides (400 pages each, no separate editions).

Here's just the new additions from Version 1 (45 chapters) of the CD. The 6
extra chapters include....

A freebie appendix included in the new updated Version 2 CD shows the building
instructions and history for the largest LEGO house ever designed for sale, but
never put into production #717 Junior Constructor (1961):

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg&itemID=11565145

So you get this extra $4.95 value as a freebie.

One new LEGO CD chapter is devoted to the history of LEGO instructions
(1950-80's).

Another new chapter is devoted to the evolution of LEGO box designs, as well
as all the known LEGO boxes with Christiansen family members on the box tops.

Another new chapter has an image of yearly catalogs starting from 1950-65 (most
since 1965 can be found on Peeron). Most of these catalogs have never been seen
by most AFOLs.

Another new catalog is especially of interest to folks interested in rare LEGO
parts. That is a list (and images) of old LEGO parts that are country(s)
specific. This is broken down into LEGO elements only found in...

Denmark only.
Denmark, Norway, Sweden only.
Sweden only.
Norway only.
Denmark/Netherlands only.
Germany only.
Continental European only.
Continental European/Britain/Australia only.
Britain/Australia only.
Continental European/Britian/Australia/Canada only.
USA/Canada only.
USA only
Canada only.

Another chapter shows picture diagrams of all the LEGO parts sold each year from
1950-66.

Another chapter gives a country by country history of LEGO sales and sales
offices for each country.

And existing Chapter 2 has tripled in size with the addition of pictures and
information about LEGO model shops and toy fairs.

There are also over a hundred new pics of very rare LEGO items that most AFOLs
have never seen before. Some are valued into the thousands of dollars.

If you own Version 1 of my CD, and want to get the expanded and updated version
2... check it out here...

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg&itemID=10286301

If you are a new CD owner, please check it out here:

http://www.geminisystems.net/lego/

(Note: due to an upgrade to Windows 2006, the BUY IT NOW button may not work.
If not, contact me via the EMAIL button at the bottom of the site.)

And if you want to download some free sample chapters of the LEGO CD (with lots
of historic and rare photos), please check it out at this same website.

The difference between my CD and the new 800 page "official collectors guide"
book, is that I give over 1/4 million words of text descriptions of sets and
set variations, and parts and part variations information about LEGO.

If you are a current LEGO CD owner, go check out the updated chapters 2 and 32
to see how many new items have been included in the larger updated CD.

Cheers,
Gary Istok

Re: Wanted: Lego Solar Panel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2008 13:26:40 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Brian Bachmeier wrote:
I am looking to buy a lego solar panel #9912 for a science project that my son
is working on. Does anyone have one sitting around that they would consider
selling to me? There are a couple available on Bricklink but they are quite
pricey.  I am located in Canada.  Thanks.

Brian

Give this a try:

http://www.legoeducation.com/store/detail.aspx?KeyWords=9912&by=20&ID=322&c=0&t=0&l=0

Wanted: Lego Solar Panel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:30:45 GMT

I am looking to buy a lego solar panel #9912 for a science project that my son
is working on. Does anyone have one sitting around that they would consider
selling to me? There are a couple available on Bricklink but they are quite
pricey.  I am located in Canada.  Thanks.

Brian

Subject:
1980's and 1990's MISB Sets for Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:20:08 GMT

Hello,

I have been organizing my Lego collection and have decided to clear out some of
my sets by putting them up for sale.

All sets are MISB unless otherwise stated and have lived in  a good home with no
smoke and no pets ;-) Buyer will pay for shipping. I will pack these carefully
to try to avoid damage while trying to minimise shipping costs for you. Prices
are in US $.  I accept Paypal or money orders. If you are interested in any of
these, please shoot me off an email.

Here is the list:

Promotional Sets:
1198 Telecom Race Cyclists and Service Crew – 17$
1199 Telecom Race Cyclists and Winners Podium – 40$
1252 Shell Tanker – 10$
1253 Shell Race Car Transporter – 10$
1254 Shell Convenience Store – 40$
1255 Shell Car Wash – 35$
1256 Shell Service Station – 50$
1775 Airplane – 75$
1808 Light Aircraft – 60$
1831 Maersk Container Lorry – 215$
1854 Velux House – 55$
2147 Dragon Fly –15$
2148 Lego Truck – 20$
2531 Rescue Chopper – 12$
2556 Ferrari Formula 1 Racing Car – 35$
2774 Red Tiger – 15$
3351 Three Minifig Pack – Construction – 5$
3442 Legoland California Truck – 45$

Sculptures:
3451 Sopwith Camel – 75$
10152 Maersk Sealand Container Ship – 125$
7470 Space Shuttle Discovery – 120$

Star Wars:
4500 Rebel Snowspeeder: - 50$
6207 A-Wing Fighter – 30$
7140 X-Wing Fighter – 50$
7180 B-Wing at Rebel Control Center – 50$

Trains:
2126 Train Cars (Box has one broken seal) – 110$
4541 Road N Rail Service Truck – 50$
4555 Cargo Station – 215$
7824 Railway Station (Box has shelf wear) – 275$
10002 Railroad Club Car – 250$
10020 Santa Fe Super Chief Limited Edition – 120$

Pirates:
Armada Flagship – 100$

Town:
6314 City People – 15$
6337 Fast Track Finish – 75$
6341 Gas N Go Flyer – 25$
6351 Surf n Sail Camper – 60$
6411 Sand Dollar Cafe – 85$
6442 Sting Ray Explorer – 30$
6490 Amazon Crossing – 30$
6518 Baja Buggy – 5$
6581 Dig n Dump (Loose complete w. Instructions and Box) – 10$
6596 Wave Master – 30$
6618 Blue Racer – 3$
6649 Street Sweeper – 20$
6707 Green Buggy – 4$
7034 Surveillance Truck – 45$
7047 Coast Watch HQ – 45$
10036 Pizza-to-Go – 75$

Castle:
10039 Black Falcon’s Fortress – 120$

Harry Potter:
4720 Knockturn Alley – 40$

FS: MISB #6079 Dark Forest Fortress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:33:35 GMT

Hey all,

Just found another time capsule, this time it’s completely sealed! Click the pic for pictures and a video!

Box will be shrink-wrapped, then bubble-wrapped, then cushioned with newspaper in a sturdy cardboard box. Shipping costs to be determined by your location.

Dave S.

Re: Official New Service Announcement From The BrickEngraver--LONG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:01:26 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, David Gregory wrote:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tommy Armstrong wrote:
There are limitations to this method in that it has to be printed onto a white
part. But for example I can print the whole brick red and just have the white
showing through.

Could you print dark colors on fairly light colored bricks?  For example, could
you print black text on a yellow brick?  If the yellow plastic behind the black
letters made the text look dark gray instead of true black, I don't think it
would matter much.  The sharp resolution is what would really count.  Color
photos might even look good on light gray or tan pieces.

David

Hopefully--I actually sent them some yellow parts but did not get chance for
samples. But it was not a deal killer. I would think, especially if printing
with black that that would work. Black always has the highest opacity of any
pigment and if tweaked with some purple also then like a color filter should
increase its hiding capacity. When mixing paint for example if something is too
yellow, a touch of violet will kill the yellow. If you have exactly the violet
that is the anti-yellow hue, it will turn it grey in pigment-and in transparent
gels will actually block it. This principle is used for chemical anyalysis in
color spectrophotometer machines. No reason I can see would not work on top of a
yellow brick. Just need to find anti-yellow. Used to be when shooting bw photos,
if wanted the sky to be darker, you would put an orange filter over lense to be
anti-blue.A red lense to make green darker. A yellow filter to block violet.

Now there is a thought for some of you mindstorms guys--gels of specific
transmittance over the photo sensor--so could absolutely discriminate the
anti-color of the gel color with  simple measurement. When no light transmitted
then you have found the anti-color.  The color sensor might work that way for
all I know. Exactly how those machines in paint stores that match colors work.

Tommy

Or theoretically could "print" a contiuous tone "color gel" that went from dark
to light yellow of the same hue and have it move over lines of various
intensities of violet and might be kewl effect. But that would be like artsy
stuff. lol

Re: Official New Service Announcement From The BrickEngraver--LONG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 03:47:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tommy Armstrong wrote:
There are limitations to this method in that it has to be printed onto a white
part. But for example I can print the whole brick red and just have the white
showing through.

Could you print dark colors on fairly light colored bricks?  For example, could
you print black text on a yellow brick?  If the yellow plastic behind the black
letters made the text look dark gray instead of true black, I don't think it
would matter much.  The sharp resolution is what would really count.  Color
photos might even look good on light gray or tan pieces.

David

Re: Picture of what printer is capable of
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:35:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Erik Amzallag wrote:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tommy Armstrong wrote:
http://flickr.com/photos/7944318@N05/2798547252/
Comments welcome.

What do y'all think--will this be a service that yall will be interested in?

Tommy Armstrong
tfa@brickengraver.com
www.brickengraver.com

Here is a link to a pretty bad picture of what my new machine is capable of. The
minifigs and tiles are actually of excellent quality. The graphic over bricks
was done by them with a less than perfect picture file so not as good.

Hi Tommy,

The result is very nice. I'm pretty sure we will find new ideas of goodies for
our LUG (and new challenges for you) ;)

Erik - FreeLUG member

Your logo would look outstanding --I always liked that logo--a pain to
engrave--but would be easy to print. But you already have it on a minifig on
your website.

Re: Picture of what printer is capable of
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2008 16:58:04 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tommy Armstrong wrote:
http://flickr.com/photos/7944318@N05/2798547252/
Comments welcome.

Hi Tommy,

Did the machine melt the second stud from the left or were you using deformed
bricks for testing?

I can think of lots of cool uses; this looks like it will be wonderful.

Rafe

Re: Picture of what printer is capable of
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:53:10 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tommy Armstrong wrote:
http://flickr.com/photos/7944318@N05/2798547252/
Comments welcome.

What do y'all think--will this be a service that yall will be interested in?

Tommy Armstrong
tfa@brickengraver.com
www.brickengraver.com

Here is a link to a pretty bad picture of what my new machine is capable of. The
minifigs and tiles are actually of excellent quality. The graphic over bricks
was done by them with a less than perfect picture file so not as good.

Hi Tommy,

The result is very nice. I'm pretty sure we will find new ideas of goodies for
our LUG (and new challenges for you) ;)

Erik - FreeLUG member

Subject:
Picture of what printer is capable of
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2008 02:15:55 GMT

http://flickr.com/photos/7944318@N05/2798547252/
Comments welcome.

What do y'all think--will this be a service that yall will be interested in?

Tommy Armstrong
tfa@brickengraver.com
www.brickengraver.com

Here is a link to a pretty bad picture of what my new machine is capable of. The
minifigs and tiles are actually of excellent quality. The graphic over bricks
was done by them with a less than perfect picture file so not as good.

Re: Official New Service Announcement From The BrickEngraver--LONG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 21:59:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tommy Armstrong wrote:

What can you really say when you screw up except that you screwed up.

Actually, the ability to do that is rather rare. Actually, closer to
non-existent in my experience. So bravo for saying it (this is coming from
someone who *has* had custom orders go through just fine).

On the original subject, this actually sounds kind of cool, although I can't
immediately think of a whole lot of robotics applications... but I probably
will. Like moving true multi-hued grey-scaled parts under a light sensor for
fine position resolution... OK, there, I already thought of one :).

--
Brian Davis

Re: Official New Service Announcement From The BrickEngraver--LONG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 21:27:31 GMT

Tommy,

Out of curiosity, what about printing on clear window panes?  would that work?
I would think that you might be able to print on both sides of a window pane,
giving 2x capacity.  (not to mention all the fun LEGO scenes you could "draw" on
a window pane...town or otherwise!) let your imagination run on that
possibility.

Have you tried using a non-white brick to see what it does?  I know from some of
my limited art education classes, when we had to paint a gallery wall from dark
to light, it was required that you put a sealer on the existing paint, which
prevented the dark color from bleeding through the light color.

Granted, I'm applying paint logic to printing, but it's something to experiment
with.

Scott

I did not have time to actually test clear parts. They said it would not work,
But did say that would create a nice stain glass effect--which makes sense. And
could be actually used for some very nice effects. Clear panels very well might
print with black ink since it has the highest hiding power and I think that
printing with a color that is the exact opposite of the underlying brick color
might work. For example a little violet with the black to make it hide better
over yellow (yellow and violet are opposites). Black and yellow make green, but
with violet in it, it very well might kill the yellow that makes the green and
therefore achieve a true black. That kind of thing.  Same with red over green
and vice versa. I will be fun trying to figure out what it can really do. I
think in the next 3 or 4 years you will see a lot of these things around and
prices will of course drop.

Another thing would be that if the pattern was printed over a brick one could
very well get what is akin in the decorating business as a faux finish. Where
one puts a glaze coat over a base coat with sponges or feathers or cheesecloth,
etc. I used to do that kind of thing for a living a long time ago. The glaze
coat would be analogous to the semi-transparent ink. That kind of thing.

But a stain glass creation with infinite variations in color could make for some
interesting artwork.A new media for artists--not necessarily for LEGO AFOL's.
And the transparency could be turned into a good thing instead of being a
limitation.

Just thinking and waiting for it to arrive.

Tommy
ashamed in NC

Re: Official New Service Announcement From The BrickEngraver--LONG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 21:08:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Paul Sinasohn wrote:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tommy Armstrong wrote:

Comments welcome.

What do y'all think--will this be a service that yall will be interested in?

I'd be more interested if I thought that would ever ship the items I ordered and
asked for. What's it been now, 3 years? 4 years? and I'm still waiting. Does
everyone have to wait this long, or do you dislike only me for some reason?

Paul Sinasohn

Paul is absolutely correct. I owe him stuff for a long time. I come up with an
idea and he jumps on it and I have never followed through with him. Hopefully he
has never paid me for anything he has not received--but I will confess. It is
entirely my fault. And I will go back into the shop right this minute and start
to work on his orders. And if I owe you money for something you have not
received--email me immediately and will send you a refund + interest to you
immediately.

What can you really say when you screw up except that you screwed up.

Ashamed in North Carolina

Tommy Armstrong

Re: Official New Service Announcement From The BrickEngraver--LONG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:30:33 GMT

But I think there are plenty of possibilities to keep me busy even being limited
to white only. And I am confident that you AFOL's will come up with a plethora
of things that I have never thought about. This is really new tech and really
does, I believe open up wide possibilities for all kinds of things. The machine
of course was not designed with LEGO in mind, but things like golfballs, pens,
lighters, tin cans, boxes--one step 4 color is new concept for these items.

Tommy
www.brickengraver.com

now also in future
www.brickprinter.com

For example could do a plate with a little white border around it, background
green, and graphics or letters whatever color.

[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:21:05 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tommy Armstrong wrote:

Comments welcome.

What do y'all think--will this be a service that yall will be interested in?

I'd be more interested if I thought that would ever ship the items I ordered and
asked for. What's it been now, 3 years? 4 years? and I'm still waiting. Does
everyone have to wait this long, or do you dislike only me for some reason?

Paul Sinasohn

Re: Official New Service Announcement From The BrickEngraver--LONG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:18:02 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tommy Armstrong wrote:

If you can photograph it, you can get it printed directly onto a LEGO piece in 4
color 2400 dpi printing.

There are limitations to this method in that it has to be printed onto a white
part. But for exmaple I can print the whole brick red and just have the white
showing through.

Comments welcome.

Thanks, Tommy.  So, it is a 4c process but needs to be printed on white elements
only?  Is that correct?

If so, is there a 5c process available where the 5th color could be white and
the 4c printing would print over it?

Another question: Why couldn't the 4c printing be done on another color brick?
Is it just a matter of the reproduction being wonky due to show-thru of the
brick color?

I look forward to your reply.

Best,
Jonathan
They do indeed have a 5 color process that prints white also, but it uses UV
light to cure the white "basecoat" and then prints to the white and uses a uv
cure for that also. With that process they can achieve higher film builds since
UV will cure film from top to bottom instantly. Regular ink dries by evaporation
of solvent.  I saw one at the factory and it was pretty kewl, but was over
$100,000.

A bit out of my range--lol. This machine was at the limit of my credit at the
bank. It can print on items up to 5" high and on slightly curved surfaces.
Resolution is outstanding so for example could print a logo, email address,
name, and phone number on a 1x6 brick.Minifig cards could now be possible,
although of course way more than a printed card one--but bricks could be almost
reasonable to hand out as a calling card for special customers/contacts. How
many people would throw away a printed brick? And do away with the roladex--just
stack them on top of each other--lol

The ink simply does not have the hiding capacity to cover in one coat at the
thickness of the film printed to achieve coverage. Much like painting a wall in
your house. If you are going to paint with any clear color such as yellow--you
need to paint the wall with white first.

Color reproduction can be tweaked, but of course takes some time. Many times
though acceptable right from the .eps file or .jpg file. For a photograph pretty
much need to do the same thing as if manually printing in darkroom and do a
test, make modifications, another test,etc. Once settings done, you are good to
go.

So at least for me, printing on colored bricks will have to be done by engraving
and filling with paint. It is my intention, and I did not test this out, to
match colors of bricks for background so would blend with bricks and you would
print the entire brick except for the text, logo, picture with the matching
color. Of course the sides and back and top would still be white.

But I think there are plenty of possibilities to keep me busy even being limited
to white only. And I am confident that you AFOL's will come up with a plethora
of things that I have never thought about. This is really new tech and really
does, I believe open up wide possibilities for all kinds of things. The machine
of course was not designed with LEGO in mind, but things like golfballs, pens,
lighters, tin cans, boxes--one step 4 color is new concept for these items.

Tommy
www.brickengraver.com

now also in future
www.brickprinter.com

For example could do a plate with a little white border around it, background
green, and graphics or letters whatever color.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact