 Local / United States / South Carolina / *93 (-93)
  LEGO menorah to be constructed for Hanukkah

For those in the Charlotte, NC area, I found this in yesterdays Charlotte Observer: Charlotte's first giant Lego Menorah will be constructed Tuesday (Dec.7), the first night of Hanukkah, in SouthPark mall near the fountain. The building begins at 4 (...) (19 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha, lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  DixieLUG Meeting - September 18, 2004

There seems to be enough positive response even after Brickfest, so lets do this! :-) We'll have a DixieLUG meeting this month! Where: Jason Whittenburg's house (Smyrna, GA) When: Saturday September 18, 2004 - 1:00pm EDT Directions: (URL) Get (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.al, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl)

  Re: Charlotte's skyline, one Lego at a time.

(...) Yep, NCLUG was caught a little out of range, as the primary core of members (at this time anyways) are in the Raleigh/Durham Area, 3 hours away. But we plan to have a presense (4 R/D and 2 to 3 from the Charlotte are) there tomorrow with some (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  Charlotte's skyline, one Lego at a time.

I read this in todays Charlotte Observer: --Kids can have a hand in shaping Charlotte's skyline today at Lego's "What Will You Make, Charlotte?" Challenge. Erik Varszegi, one of 40 "Masterbuilders" in the world, will build a small rendering of the (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  Lego Mall Kiosk

Just to let all you know, in case you didn't already know. Lego just opened a new mall kiosk at the Northwoods Mall in North Charleston. Nothing new that I saw though. -Orion (21 years ago, 10-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  selling my inventory...

Hello fellow SC-Luggers. I've decided to get out of the Lego selling business. I'm looking for some one person to buy up my inventory. I thought I'd ask here first as I can deliver it in person and save us shipping hassels. Contact me for details (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  Re: FLL State Tournament

Suz, First I heard of it...... Just saw your post last night at 11pm .....and My kids were trying out for All County Band today. If I had known, I would have gone. If you hear of anything else in SC, lmk and we can make plans. BTW, the family loved (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  FLL State Tournament

Anyone else going? FIRST LEGO League SC State Tournament White Knoll High School 5643 Platt Springs Road Lexington, SC Saturday December 7, 2002 9am - 3pm -Suz (21 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  More on the All Southeast LEGO Display - Feb 2-3, 2002

LEGO Fans, The GFLTC(www.gfltc.org) and NGLTC(www.ngltc.org) will have a joint display at the Great American Train Show, February 2 and 3, 2002 in Jacksonville, Florida. The display will feature a 30 x 20 floor display with two cities, seaport, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.fl.jac, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.al, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.org.us.dixielug)

  All Southeast LEGO Display - Feb 2-3, 2002

Everyone, I am proud to announce the first ever All Southeast LEGO Display! The All Southeast LEGO Display is a public AFOL event with MOCs of all kinds with a primary focus on LEGO Trains. The display will feature the best MOCs built by the members (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.fl.jac, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.al, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.org.us.dixielug) !

  Frank's Great Holiday Adventure

Well, I'm slowly settling back into my apartment after a two week holiday adventure. This year I went to my mom's in St. Petersburg FL (actually Treasure Island) for Christmas and then to a church camp south of Miami from 12/26 to New Years Day. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: Frank Filz is coming to Charleston on 1-2-02

(...) Hmmm. Not sure. I will have to see as the time gets closer. I may not know for sure until that day. (22 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha, lugnet.loc.us.sc.col)

  Re: Frank Filz is coming to Charleston on 1-2-02

(...) I will most likely have hit the road by then. I have a five hour or so drive on to Raleigh NC after playing. Can you sneak out for a long lunch hour? Frank (22 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha, lugnet.loc.us.sc.col)

  Re: Frank Filz is coming to Charleston on 1-2-02

Yes, sounds good to me. I won't be able to make it there until after work, which would probably make it about 6 o'clock. I hope that is not too late. Let me know, David P.S. How did the HP pillaging go this past weekend? (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha, lugnet.loc.us.sc.col)

  Frank Filz is coming to Charleston on 1-2-02

Hey everybody, Subject says it all. Frank is coming to our house on January 2nd, 2002 :-) If anybody else would like to come, just LMK and I will forward the directions to you. Yes David, I plan on seeing you here. Maybe Suz can come down from (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha, lugnet.loc.us.sc.col)

  January 1st Travel

I will be in Miami for New Years and driving home to Raleigh NC the 1st and 2nd of January. I'd love the opportunity to visit with folks on the way back. If you're along the I-95 corridor and will be around then, let me know and perhaps we can make (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Deleted Mail (was Re: Thanksgiving Weekend)

Mark and Melissa sent me an e-mail which I somehow managed to delete. Also, Cary Clark sent me an e-mail on another subject which also seems to have been deleted. I'm begging to feel hesitant about using the web mail to delete since there's no (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Thanksgiving Weekend

I'm going to be visiting my Mom in St. Petersburg Florida for the holiday but I'm planning on starting back Friday and have been considering stopping to visit on the way, even considering driving through Atlanta or so. Or I may just drive all the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Moving to Columbia!

(...) First, I have to say Suz doesn't have that bad a Boston accent, especially for living here her entire life. (1) Second, I never knew that the University of Southern California was so popular in South Carolina... GDR... ;-). Eric Kingsley (1) (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Re: Moving to Columbia!

Hi there! I am here too - down in Charleston. Rarely post but I read often. I am mostly into trains, but love all LEGO! Never have been able to get to any kind of meet here in SC, GA or NC. Oh well, I will some day! Welcome to the Palmetto State. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Re: Moving to Columbia!

(...) Welcome! I wish you much happiness. I have always thought that the big difference is not North or South but large City vs smaller City/rural lifestyle. Good people (and unfortunately Bad people too) are to be found everywhere. the South... (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Re: Moving to Columbia!

Suz, Welcome to the Palmetto state! Milissa and I are in Charleston, David Wertz from Columbia will be moving here shortly. We have been trying to get a PLUG and SCLTC or PLTC going. We figured it would move along more once David moved here. Do you (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Re: Moving to Columbia!

(...) Burlington MA! The next closest one is Denver CO. The next closest one is....there's only two... I love SoftPro. I've been giving them my business for nearly 20 years now and always schedule a visit when I'm back home. (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Re: Moving to Columbia!

(...) Valid point to make, real sweet tea doesn't require you to add your own sugar, it must be brewed in for sure. Most of the time if I order sweet tea and they give me the "you have to add the sugar yourself" line, I just change my order to a (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Re: Moving to Columbia!

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:GM3D3q.DAw@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) [ ... snipped ... ] James' advice on tea is a good one and trips up a lot of visitors or new residents. Real honest to goodness southern iced-tea (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Re: Moving to Columbia!

"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:a05100319b805f7....0.1.2]... (...) Congrats on your southern migration, you won't regret it. I have lived in North Carolina for 13 years and can't fathom living anywhere farther north than (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Moving to Columbia!

(...) Unless you are from certain parts of Alabama where RC Cola was once deriguer[1] (...) Its called sweet-tea. Anyone asking for unsweetened tea is looked at curiously, almost as tho you could be a yankee sabatour. (...) along with possum, coon, (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Re: Moving to Columbia!

Somewhere around here I've got the "20 rules for northerners moving south"...Lived in New Jersey for 20 years, and went to college in the south, and love it here--even though it can get cold, your cars last a little longer because there is very (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Re: Moving to Columbia!

Well let me welcome you on down to the sunny south, take a good look at that Boston snow before you leave since you won't see much of that around these parts. Things to know: -All sodas are called Coke (this is a must if you enter Atlanta, GA) -you (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Re: Moving to Columbia!

(...) for the singular, All Y'All is plural. (...) Work on softening the Boston accent if you have one (definite survival skill). Also, you must decide whether you are a USC fan or a Clemson fan. There is no riding the fence on this one. If you'll (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Moving to Columbia!

Hey "Y'all" (did I say that right?) After 30(ish) years of living in/around Boston, I'm now headed South (yes, that's with a capital 'S'!) to be with a certain "special someone." [fluttering eyes and staring-off dreamily..] Migration to his turf (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Re: TLC recalls 6776

After much debate, I picked up one of these from a Walmart here in Nevada. They still had quite a few on the shelves, but when the clerk went to scan the price, the register said the item was not for sale. Lucky for me the clerk must have been new (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  Re: TLC recalls 6776

It is strange that all of this started in SC. I was just in Toys R Us and Zany Brainy last night, and both stores still had plenty of the sets still on the shelves. David (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  Re: TLC recalls 6776

(...) Nor I, Ben Gatrelle (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  Re: AFOL get-together in Charlotte

(...) Hi David, Nothing has happened yet. It has been a busy summer and now I am in the middle of a family crisis. Hopefully a meeting will be arranged around October. Ken (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  RE: AFOL get-together in Charlotte

Hey all If it was in Columbia (Charleston is better!:-) IMHO), Milissa and I could do it, but Charlotte is a little out of the way to make it any kind of a regular thing. We could discuss the possibility of getting LCLTC (Low Country) or ??????? off (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  Re: AFOL get-together in Charlotte

Hey, Once again I was slack about checking this newsgroup. Yeah, if you want to meet up sometime, that would be cool. Anytime after 5 or so on weekdays would be good. I am gone on a lot of weekends, but sometimes I stick around. Maybe write me back (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  Re: AFOL get-together in Charlotte

Ah, the "other" AFOL in Cola... I'd be up for getting together sometime. I know there are enough people around to start up a Palmetto LUG. A good portion of the NGLTC (including myself) are from SC. We've got AFOL's in the upstate, midlands, and on (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  Re: AFOL get-together in Charlotte

Hey, I don't check this newsgroup very often, and I am just now reading this post. Did y'all ever meet up? I live in Columbia and would possibly be interested if anything ever gets going. David (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Re: AFOL get-together in Charlotte

(...) Ken, I live in Boone, so weekends are the only time I could come. But I would love to have a get-together. -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Re: AFOL get-together in Charlotte

(...) Depending on date (Saturday would be preferable), I'd be willing to haul down there from Raleigh. Frank (23 years ago, 31-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  AFOL get-together in Charlotte

Hi, I was recently contacted by a new AFOL in Monroe NC who is interested in meeting other LEGO builders in the Charlotte area. Since I have been thinking about the same for a while, now seems like a good time. Are there any AFOLs in NC/SC who (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  Re: Bionicle Toa now in TRU

By Tuesday, Every Toys'R'Us in Northern Georgia will Have Toa, after Scoureing most of them, the only one in stock today was Pohatu at the TRU near the Mall of Georgia, and I am loving this guy! Also, I managed to get 1 more of those Lego (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Bionicle Toa now in TRU

Went by Toys 'R' Us tonight to see if they had any Bionicle stuff in yet, and sure enough, they had all of the Toa. $6.99 a piece. I haven't read anyone else reporting this yet, so I figured I would post. David (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: [WTB] Inverted UFO saucer pieces

(...) I checked the new Costco in Charleston, SC today and I didn't see any. I asked and was told they have no toys and won't get any until Christmas time. So I ordered several online and the shipping wasn't too bad for the larger quantity. With tax (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

Whoa...you know, I posted that so long ago, before I started using outlook express, and darnit wouldn't you know, I forgot to subscribe once I started using outlook...so I just subscribed to it in outlook and lo and behold, there are REPLIES to my (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: Can anyone come out and play?

I'm mainly into trains. Lately I've been building town buildings (my own designs, I'm not a big fan of regular town sets). Everything else I buy is broken down and used for parts (even the stock trains). :) (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col)

  Re: Can anyone come out and play?

Hey, I'm David, the guy in Columbia who Mark and Milissa mentioned. What kind of themes are you into? I am personnally a fan of Technic, but of course, I like it all. Drop me a line. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col)

  Re: Can anyone come out and play?

Not really. I don't get much of a chance to go down there. Though, I should be free most of Sunday (3-4-01). If you want to meet up, drop me a note or something. Be careful though, I think we're getting more rain and possibly snow Sunday and/or (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col)

  RE: Can anyone come out and play?

How about PLUG for Palmetto lug?????? ;-) Dave and I have bantered about a LUG or LTC. But........ Are you ever in Charleston? We will be in Columbia Sunday, 3-4-01 Thanx, Mark Millère LUGnet # 525 Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millère's Spares (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col)

  Re: Can anyone come out and play?

I'm not sure really. I was just getting kinda lonely and feeling a little isolated (physically) from the Lego community. I just wish there was an "SCLUG" of sorts (or "SLUG" if you prefer :D ) that could could meet on a fairly regular basis and (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col)

  RE: Can anyone come out and play?

John Milissa and I and Ben are in Charleston. Dave Wertz is in Columbia someplace! What do you want to play? We may be in Columbia the next 2 weekends. Thanx, Mark Millère LUGnet # 525 Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millère's Spares (URL) -----Original (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col)

  Can anyone come out and play?

Surely I'm not the only AFOL in town... Anyone else around? Lightfoot lightfoot@earthling.net (URL) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col)

  RE: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

Thanx for the heads up :-) Thanx, Mark Millére LUGnet # 525 Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millére's Spares (URL) -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of Ben Gatrelle Sent: Friday, (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

(...) I guess I should mention the name, Great Train Store. It's always possible that they closed and reopened under another name in another location perhaps. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

(...) I just checked into this store. Their phone is disconnected and the operator at the Broadway at The Beach info said the store went out of business last June! I wonder what happeded to their inventory of LEGO Train stuff? Shipped back to LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  RE: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

My question exactly! I read that and thought hmmm.... a trip up to Myrtle Beach. Check out all the stores, enjoy the days drive, might just be a good road trip. Oh, and where is the Toys R Us? I have never seen it up there... Later! Michael Carnell (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  RE: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

What trains and accessories are available? Is it worth a trip up from Charleston? Thanx, Mark Millére LUGnet # 525 Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millére's Spares (URL) Anyone in Myrtle Beach? We got a couple of WalMarts, a ToyRUs, a Target and a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

Anyone in Myrtle Beach? We got a couple of WalMarts, a ToyRUs, a Target and a couple of KMarts...There's a specialty Toy Store at Broadway at the Beach, but it's usually full retail, but it's slammed full of Train stuff, including loads of accessory (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  RE: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

That WalMart map is pretty good. A friend of mine and I drove up to Baltimore two years ago to pick up a car, and we took one of those maps with us. I think we stopped at every WalMart, Target, KMart, Whites, and anything else along the way. We (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

OK. To your delight, I don't remember seeing any Cyberslam or Insectoids. As far as mapping out the K-Marts, that was more of a joke than anything. I doubt I am going to want to spend the time stopping and looking for K-Marts on a 3000 mi. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

(...) About once every month or two, I make the rounds of all the Wal-Marts and K-Marts in the area. As you know, these two chains plus Toys R Us make up the bulk of the LEGO experience in Charleston. We have a little at the regular KB Toys in (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  RE: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

Dave We will be waiting for our phone call tonight! Pretty much if its 75% off, buy it, we will take what you don't keep. :-) NO insectoids or cyberpuke PLEASE! BTW, get an atlas from Wally world, and it lists all the Wal-Marts in the US. AND, where (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

Seeing as Mark and Milissa live in Charleston, and they are VERY thorough shoppers, for that reason alone, the shopping situation is better in Columbia than in Charleston. I also bet Ben contributes to that as well. As far as I know, I am the only (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  RE: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

Sorry Michael Between Dave, Milissa, Ben, myself and who knows who else, we have pretty much cleaned up SC :-) I am sure there is more to find, but it won't be easy! BTW, Milissa pretty much cleaned out coastal GA too. Thanx, Mark Millére LUGnet # (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

Cool. Is the LEGO situation any better in Columbia than in Charleston? Any trains or left over pirates up there? If you spend your weekends on James Island or West Ashley I am sure that we have passed each other at some point. Those are my normal (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

(...) Michael, Hey. I live in Columbia right now, but I grew up in Charleston and I am there on most weekends (James Island and West Ashley). I have met Mark a few times, and we are planning to get together at some point this weekend hopefully to do (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  RE: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

A local LTC or LUC would be cool. A friend of mine (we are both computer guys) is heavy into LEGO too. He just got his son a train for Christmas. He is considering buying that big Mini-Fig statue from Shop-At-Home. Well, guess I know why all the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  RE: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

Michael We are in North Charleston, off Ashley Phosphate ( aaarrrggghhhh). We are into trains, monorail, model team and Technic We keep this up, we may need to start a local LTC or LUG. This could get scary :-) Thanx, Mark Millére LUGnet # 525 Visit (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  RE: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

Hi there! Good to hear from you. I am checking out your website(s) now... Michael MMillere@Bellsouth.Net (Mark & Milissa Millére) wrote in <LOBBIHLABFJFCGAHCFF...outh.Net>: (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

Hi all! I am in West Ashley. Into Pirate (wish they would bring them back), Train, and getting into Mindstorm. And as most are, into any other LEGO I can buy!! Michael ben@yellowcastle.spam.com (Ben Gatrelle) wrote in <G74B9s.5t9@lugnet.com>: (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

(...) Hi Michael, What's your interest. I'm into Castle, Space (incl. Star Wars), and trains, in that order. I live in Goose Creek now - used to live in N. Chas. BEN GATRELLE (23 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  RE: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

We are!!!!!! Charleston, SC Thanx, Mark Millére LUGnet # 525 Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millére's Spares (URL) -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of Michael Carnell Sent: Saturday, (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

It has obviously been a long time since anyone posted here.... So, anybody home?! Michael - Charleston, SC (23 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: anyone found $15 R2D2 DDKs in SC

Hey, I haven't been looking for Lego at Wal-Mart in the last few weeks, so I don't know. I'll try to look at one or two Wal-Marts today if I get the chance. David (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.market.shopping)

  RE: anyone found $15 R2D2 DDKs in SC

Ben, We have hit ALL the Charleston area Wal-Marts to no avail :( Hey Dave, any in Columbia yet? Thanx, Mark Millére LUGnet # 525 Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millére's Spares (URL) -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.market.shopping)

There were a few $25 ones in Columbia; there were only three left the last time I checked (mid last week). Cary "Ben Gatrelle" <ben@yellowcastle.spam.com> wrote in message news:G5IsHL.FE6@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  anyone found $15 R2D2 DDKs in SC

I'm in Charleston, SC. I keep stopping buy the N. Chas Wal-Mart looking for the $15 DDKs with no success. Anyone in SC found any of these or is Wal-Mart only stoking them in other parts of the country? BEN GATRELLE -- <member:339> (remove the spam (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  WalMart's Build N Score event 9-30-2000

Hey all, I'm a little slow on these, but here are the pics from our Wal-Mart in North Charleston, SC My kids are Stacie and Martin, Christopher is our friends son. The kids were given 1 or 2 minutes(I forget which) to build the small soccer set. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.sports, lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  Re: hello?...

In the past ten days, only _ONE_ response. Hmmmmm....... Let's try this again, with a slightly wider audience. Anyone interested in having a meeting before the holidays? Thanks, Franklin (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.al, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.loc.us.ky, lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  Re: meeting in September?...WHEN?

Since I've seen only one response so far, I thought I'd cross-post this in an attempt to get more responses. (Plz note that follow-up has been re-directed to ".org.us.dixielug".) Thanks, Franklin (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.loc.us.al, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.loc.us.ky, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  today's meeting - at Eric's place

(Please direct all follow-up messages to "lugnet.org.us.dixielug". ;-) We're still here at Eric's place, and we've got the photos online: "(URL) Y'all play well, now, y'hear? ;-) Franklin ===== Franklin Cain (and please do *not* call me "Frank" ;-) (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.publish, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.al, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  DixieLUG - next meeting?...

The earliest next weekend that I'd be available is the weekend of the 8th of July. Franklin W. Cain | fwcain@yahoo.com | (URL) OF MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL PURPOSES IS _STRICTLY_ PROHIBITED... MAKE MY (LAWYER'S) DAY, PUNK! (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us.sc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.al, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.loc.us.ky, lugnet.org.us.dixielug)

  Re: Hello! Anybody (near) home?

(...) Hi Ben, I live in Raleigh, NC, but travel to McClellanville (@ 1 hour North on US17) quite a bit. We're starting a train club up here and hoping to go to a show at the end of October. If you're interested, you're welcome to join us. Jimmy (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.loc.us.sc )------

Welcome to lugnet.loc.us.sc, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.loc.us.sc (group): South Carolina, U.S.A. lugnet.loc.us (group and hierarchy): United States of America (U.S.A.). lugnet.loc.* (hierarchy): General-purpose discussion (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  Hello! Anybody (near) home?

I thought I should post a message to this group to let any other Chraleston area LUGNET users know I'm here. Post a message yourself. Maybe I'll see you at a K-Mart sale. Ben Gatrelle (25 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre )------

Welcome to lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre (group): Greenville, South Carolina, U.S.A. lugnet.loc.us (group and hierarchy): United States of America (U.S.A.). lugnet.loc.* (hierarchy): (...) (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha )------

Welcome to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha (group): Charleston, South Carolina, U.S.A. lugnet.loc.us (group and hierarchy): United States of America (U.S.A.). lugnet.loc.* (hierarchy): (...) (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col )------

Welcome to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.loc.us.sc.col (group): Columbia, South Carolina, U.S.A. lugnet.loc.us (group and hierarchy): United States of America (U.S.A.). lugnet.loc.* (hierarchy): (...) (26 years ago, 28-Sep-98, to lugnet.loc.us.sc.col)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact