 Local / United States / South Carolina / Columbia / 19
Re: Moving to Columbia!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 12:35:05 GMT

Suz,

Welcome to the Palmetto state!

Milissa and I are in Charleston, David Wertz from Columbia will be moving
here shortly.

We have been trying to get a PLUG and SCLTC or PLTC going. We figured it
would move along more once David moved here. Do you mind driving ~1.5 hours
each way every now and then?

Of course, for you, Charlotte, NC is about the same distance and the NGLTC
is a little farther than that.

Thanx,

Mark Millere
LUGnet # 525
Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millere's Spares
<http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?i=MMillere>

In lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Hey "Y'all" (did I say that right?)

After 30(ish) years of living in/around Boston, I'm now headed South
(yes, that's with a capital 'S'!)  to be with a certain "special
someone." [fluttering eyes and staring-off dreamily..] Migration to
his turf lands me in Columbia, SC.

So! any tips for surviving the likely-to-ensue culture shock are welcome.
;-)  And any leads on cool jobs are even more welcome.

I really hope to find a bunch of others "like us" down there, as SC
is currently a big hole in the LUG map!! [1] So, if you're listening,
please write. I'll be there in December.

-Suz

[1]  m u s t. . . . c o m p l e t e. . . . . E a s t   C o a s t . .
http://www.lugnet.com/map/na/usa/lug/

BTW - anyone know where the nearest SoftPro Books is..?  ;-)