 Local / United States / South Carolina / Columbia / 20
Re: Moving to Columbia!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, lugnet.loc.us.sc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 21:26:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.sc.col, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Hey "Y'all" (did I say that right?)

After 30(ish) years of living in/around Boston, I'm now headed South
(yes, that's with a capital 'S'!)  to be with a certain "special
someone." [fluttering eyes and staring-off dreamily..] Migration to
his turf lands me in Columbia, SC.

So! any tips for surviving the likely-to-ensue culture shock are welcome.
;-)  And any leads on cool jobs are even more welcome.

I really hope to find a bunch of others "like us" down there, as SC
is currently a big hole in the LUG map!! [1] So, if you're listening,
please write. I'll be there in December.

-Suz

[1]  m u s t. . . . c o m p l e t e. . . . . E a s t   C o a s t . .
. .   . .  .
http://www.lugnet.com/map/na/usa/lug/

BTW - anyone know where the nearest SoftPro Books is..?  ;-)

Welcome!  I wish you much happiness.
I have always thought that the  big difference is not North or South but
large City vs smaller City/rural lifestyle.  Good people (and unfortunately
Bad people too) are to be found everywhere.

the South... easy living...
Magnolia blossoms, Dogwoods, Azaleas, pecan pie, Georgia Belle Peaches, pick
your own strawberries, Biltmore Estate, Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, Jekeyl and
Saint Simon Islands, Charleston ...and  snow days off from work/school since
there is only salt and "solar plowing" to clear the roads.

NCLUG / NCLTC gathers irregularly, but should you be passing through and
have time to meet, let us know and we will make every effort to pull
something together.

take care,
sheree

You'll be fine.  The fluttering eyes will get you almost anywhere you might
want to go in the South ;-) .