 Local / United States / North Carolina / *989 (-100)
  NCLUG Show / LEGOPalooza at Morehead Planatarium in Chapel Hill

On February 3rd and 4th NCLUG in cooperation with the Morehead Planatarium at the University of North Carlina Chapel Hill hosts LEGO Palooza. The 3rd LEGO Palooza expands to a 2 day event running from 12-4 both Saturday and Sunday. This year the (...) (17 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.announce)

  Re: What has become of NCLTC?

"Jordan Schwarz" <jbschwarz@ThisIsRea...gmail.com> wrote in message news:J7Ao4L.CEx@lugnet.com... (...) NCLTC is still alive and well although not very active. With GATS falling apart there isn't a regular train show coming to Raleigh any more. The (...) (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

  What has become of NCLTC?

Hi all, I've noticed a lack of activity regarding the NC LEGO Train Club and wanted to find out whether it still meets and if not, whether there are individuals interested in restarting the club. I should add that, one goal of my query is to (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, FTX)

  AHHRR! NCLUG does a Pirate Display...

Hi all, (URL) bandanna by Sabrina Gravatt NCLUG just opened its display at the Raleigh Grande Theater for "Pirates of the Caribbean" - and it was a blast to do! Here's some pics: (URL) Treasure Cove by John Riley (URL) Black Sea Barracuda by Mike (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  LEGOPalooza Display at Morehead Planetarium, Chapel Hill, NC April 1

NCLUG had its second LEGO event at Morehead Planetarium at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, April 1. The club had four dedicated display areas: (URL) a moonbase with modules from members Carin Proctor, Sam Cox, Adam Skelding, David (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, FTX) !!

  LEGO Gortons' Fisherman, coming to a supermarket near you

Hi, everybody! For the past 3 months, I've been working with folks from (URL) Seafood> on a sculpture of the Gortons' Fisherman (as seen in (URL) logo>.) Alone, he's not such a big model -- but I was asked to build EIGHT of them! (3 URLs) See photos (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, FTX) !!

  Exploring the Universe Display at the National Air and Space Museum, April 16th

Hi all, WAMALUG and NCLUG were asked to display at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC for Universe Day, which fell on Saturday April 16th. Members from both WAMALUG and NCLUG brought in Moonbase modules, (URL) spacecraft (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.nc, FTX) !

  LEGO®Palooza...or I got by with a little help from my friends

Hi all, In January, the North Carolina LEGO Users Group was asked to provide displays for the first LEGOPalooza at Morehead Planetarium, in Chapel Hill, NC, February 26. As Administrator for NCLUG, I decided to make a call from some friends in other (...) (19 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.delvalug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, FTX) !!

  LEGO menorah to be constructed for Hanukkah

For those in the Charlotte, NC area, I found this in yesterdays Charlotte Observer: Charlotte's first giant Lego Menorah will be constructed Tuesday (Dec.7), the first night of Hanukkah, in SouthPark mall near the fountain. The building begins at 4 (...) (19 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha, lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  NCLUG Meeting 9/26

The September NCLUG will be at the Eva Perry Library in Apex, NC. For more details see: (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train Club (URL) - Carolina Train Builders (URL) - CTB/Brick Depot (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Fall For Fairfax - Saturday, October 2, 2004 10am-4:30pm

WAMALUG will be participating in the Fall for Fairfax Saturday, October 2. And everyone in the area is invited to contribute to the display. The event organizers are providing us with a 30' x 30' tent for this outdoor fall festival. (URL) under the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.nc) !

  WAMALUG September Meeting

Date: Saturday, September 11, 2004 Time: 12:00PM - 6:00PM Location: GMU Arlington Campus 3401 North Fairfax Drive Arlington, Virginia 22201 Room: 115 If you're in the area and you have a chance just stop in, join us! What to expect; Show and tell of (...) (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.md.bal, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  NCLUG meeting June 19!

The North Carolina Lego Users Group will be having their monthly meeting at (URL) Eva Perry Regional Library> June 19 from 1 to 4 pm. Everyone interested is invited to attend, chat in a very informal meeting, build, and present their models! Joe (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, FTX)

  NCLTC @ Raleigh GATS April 24-25

On April 24th and 25th the North Carolina LEGO® Train Club (NCLTC) will be participating in the Great American Train Show (GATS) at the Jim Graham Building at the NC State Fairgrounds in Raleigh, North Carolina. The NCLTC train layout is constructed (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Apollo 11 Commemorative Display and Event at the North Carolina Museum of Life and Science July 17

I might could make this, Joe. I'll have four(-ish) modules if we do a moonbase, and some big red capital ships. Who else is in? -Teddy (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc.dur, FTX)

  Apollo 11 Commemorative Display and Event at the North Carolina Museum of Life and Science July 17

Hi all, (URL) NCLUG> got clearance for a building event/display at the (URL) Museum of Life and Science> in Durham, North Carolina July 17 to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing. Naturally, this will be a - SPACE - themed (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, FTX)

  NCLTC @ Raleigh GATS

On April 24-25 NCLTC will have our layout on display at the Great American Train Show in Raleigh, North Carolina. We still have a small amount of open space available in the layout, if you are interested in participating, please contact me directly. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  NCLUG's Christmas Display...

opened again at South Hills Mall in Cary, North Carolina. (URL) You can find pix (URL) here> Models were built by Cary Clark, Sam Cox, Will Pederson, and Mike Walsh. Joe Meno NCLUG NCLTC (20 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Lord of the Rings Theater Display in Raleigh, NC

On December 15, NCLUG presented a display of iinspired by Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King at the Raleigh Grande Theater in Raleigh. (URL) The display was a group effort, with David Vestal and Will Pedersen creating the layout and Minas (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.nc, FTX) !!

  NCLTC Holiday Layout at South Hills Mall - Raleigh, NC

The North Carolina LEGO Train Club (NCLTC) has our layout on display for the Holiday Season at South Hills Mall in Raleigh, North Carolina. This is our second holiday layout, we were in the same mall a year ago. This year's layout is a tad smaller (...) (20 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: Pics from Saturday's Truck Show

(...) Sorta. (...) Thomas, I have a quick review at www.nclug.cc, under the photo albums. The same pix are there, but a little more text:) Hopefully, I will have a full report tonight, as this was a really cool event! (...) Thanks for showing up (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Pics from Saturday's Truck Show

I had a great time at saturday's truck show. I've uploaded my pics to Brickshelf: (URL) I didn't get as many people shots as I had wanted and I missed out on taking good photos of Gareth's impressive models. Maybe Joe got those though... Just saw (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Charlotte's skyline, one Lego at a time.

(...) Yep, NCLUG was caught a little out of range, as the primary core of members (at this time anyways) are in the Raleigh/Durham Area, 3 hours away. But we plan to have a presense (4 R/D and 2 to 3 from the Charlotte are) there tomorrow with some (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  Charlotte's skyline, one Lego at a time.

I read this in todays Charlotte Observer: --Kids can have a hand in shaping Charlotte's skyline today at Lego's "What Will You Make, Charlotte?" Challenge. Erik Varszegi, one of 40 "Masterbuilders" in the world, will build a small rendering of the (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.sc)

  Re: NCLTC Takes 1st Place at Raleigh GATS! (Long)

"John Morgan" <trees@utk.edu> wrote in message news:HJ7s83.1rxn@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Thanks! (...) well (...) trains (...) site (...) some (...) so (...) I don't know if padding would have helped, it might have. (URL) camera sits (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: NCLTC Takes 1st Place at Raleigh GATS! (Long)

(...) ... Was the camera you used the same camera as this site offers? (...) If was different, but very similar. The camera fit easily in a 5 wide housing, and was less than three studs wide itself. Mike Walsh made a cradle of 1-high panels, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: NCLTC Takes 1st Place at Raleigh GATS! (Long)

(...) Congrats! thanks for sharing all this good Pictures and movies. I have seen the wireless cameras available online and was wondering how well they would work as a train engine mounted video source. Great to see the trains eye view of the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: NCLTC Takes 1st Place at Raleigh GATS! (Long)

[ ... snipped ... ] (...) great, (...) By the time I got to Tom's booth he only had one 10013 set left and it was marked at $16.99 - same price as the LEGO catalog. I don't know what he sold 4511 and 4512 for but I suspect it was also catalog (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: NCLTC Takes 1st Place at Raleigh GATS! (Long)

(...) I agree. We did a show in March and there was a vendor selling LEGO trains. Most of them were older collectable trains so the prices were a bit high for the standard show visitor, but it was nice to be able to point people in his direction (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message news:HJ5Bs2.8z6@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Train (...) Friday), (...) Saturday. (...) his (...) bit (...) layout! (...) Cary brings up a good point, one I had forgotten about. (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: NCLTC Takes 1st Place at Raleigh GATS! (Long)

(...) snip (...) Congratulations to all the participating NCLTC members! Mike, thank you for crafting such a detailed report. Nothing can ever take the place of being there, but your descriptions along with the pictures in the links you provided are (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: NCLTC Takes 1st Place at Raleigh GATS! (Long)

(...) ... (...) ... Mike, this was an excellent writeup. One more note about Tom from Tom's Train Station: Tom now carries LEGO at his store (got his first shipment on Friday), and brought seven each of the new trains to sell at his GATS booth on (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  NCLTC Takes 1st Place at Raleigh GATS! (Long)

This past weekend NCLTC had our layout on display at the Great American Train Show (GATS) in Raleigh, North Carolina. This is the third GATS show we have done and while our layout has always been popular, we have never won the competition. Much to (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.org.us.nclug) !!

  Re: North Carolina Roll Call!

(...) Joe's done a phenomenal job here in the Raleigh-Durham area organizing regular meetings -- Yay, Joe! It was great to meet some new people at GATS this weekend. I hope that Dan from Chapel Hill and Cyndi from Durham and others can contribute to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha, lugnet.loc.us.nc.dur, lugnet.loc.us.nc.fay, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  NCLTC to display at South Hills Mall March 1st and 2nd in Raleigh, NC

This weekend, August 2nd and 3rd, the North Carolina LEGO Train Club (NCLTC) will have our layout on display at the Great American Train Show at the Raleigh Civic and Convention Center in Raleigh, North Carolina. The show is open from 10 AM until (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  RE: Anyone here around Greensboro?

(...) Sheree Rosenkrantz, who hasn't been too active lately is also in Greensboro. Frank (who lives between Durham and Hilsboro - Oregon [I don't know if there's a Greensboro out here, there's also Raleigh Hills nearby] :-) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Anyone here around Greensboro?

(...) Yo ho! Actually, I'm in Durham, about 45 minutes out. There are a couple of AFOLs in that area, Fritz Grondy (a castle builder) and Alex Lee (Adventurers/Bionicle builder) But that's about it for the G'boro area. Now head off toward the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, FTX)

  Anyone here around Greensboro?

I'm here for Eastern Music Festival, a bit of a difference then Florida. I probably will not be able to see anybody around here, but I just wanted to know who I'd miss seeing. :) Anybody here? -JHK (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, FTX)

  Anyone around Charlotte the next couple of weeks?

I'll be arriving Sunday evening, and staying for a week or two. It doesn't look like there is much activity on the Charlotte list, but I'm hopefull that some locals are subscribed by email, and will get this message quickly. :-) I'm a trainiac from (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha)

  The next NCLUG meeting...

will be at Eva Perry Regional Library, 2100 Shepherd's Vineyard Drive, in Apex March 22 (saturday) from 12 noon to 3. That's next week!!! Anyways, everyone is invited to bring their creations as well as other interested people. And if you want to (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  NCLTC to display at South Hills Mall March 1st and 2nd in Raleigh, NC

This weekend, March 1st and 2nd, the North Carolina LEGO Train Club (NCLTC) will have our layout on display at the South Hills Mall Model Train Show at South Hills Mall in Raleigh, North Carolina. The Mall is open from 10 AM until 9 PM on Saturday (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  The meeting's TOMORROW!!

Hi all! NCLUG's meeting is set for Saturday-that's tomorrow-at Cameron Village Regional Library from noon to 3pm! Where is that? Check here for directions: (URL) meeting will be in the conference room, which can handle up to 100 people, which I (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  NCLUG Meeting : One Week Away!

Hi all, the first NCLUG meeting will be held in Raleigh at the Cameron Village Regional Library on Saturday, February 22 from noon to 3pm! Everyone is invited to drop by and show off their creations and meet other builders! If youhave any questions, (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  NCLUG Meeting? You bet!

The first meeting of NCLUG will be in Raleigh at the Cameron Village Regional Library (1930 Clark Avenue, Raleigh 27605 for those who want to find it on Mapquest) on February 22, noon - 3 pm. Bring your creations (BYOC) and parts and sets to trade (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Add me to NC Roll Call please.

"Nick Goetz" <ngoetz@iquest.net> wrote in message news:H93M71.1JA@lugnet.com... (...) get (...) Joe Meno is working on a meeting, I suspect he will post something soon with details. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Add me to NC Roll Call please.

Hi Craig. I am in Greeville, NC. Still a bit a a drive but maybe we can get to Raleigh in one car when the time comes. I will keep an eye out. -Nick ngoetz1@cox.net Please note my email address becuase I cannot get the one in LUGNET fixed. (21 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Add me to NC Roll Call please.

(...) Welcome Craig! Mike's right about the meetings or lack thereof. I'm supposed to set up a meeting, but I got hit by some things at work and otherwise and needed a kick in the derriere to get back on it. So I'm back on it:) I NEED to find out (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Add me to NC Roll Call please.

  Add me to NC Roll Call please.

Heya all, Wanted to add my name to the NC roll call. I would be interested in attending any upcoming NC get-togethers or events. Best times are weekends. I live in New Bern, on the Coast, but only a 2 hr drive to Raleigh. Craig Squier 252-635-1258 (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: NCLTC Christmas Layout Display Wrap Up - Long

"Martin Legault" <mlegault@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message news:H8AG4z.E6@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) you. I (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Martin - thanks for your comments. The church was built by me with some help from my son (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.town)

  Re: NCLTC Christmas Layout Display Wrap Up - Long

(...) <...> Hi Mike, It is a real good display that you have done there, congrat tho both of you. I would like to know who build that chruch (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.town)

  RE: NCLTC Christmas Layout Display Wrap Up - Long

Great write-up Mike! I knew I should have tried harder to go see it! Thanx, Mark (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.town)

  NCLTC Christmas Layout Display Wrap Up - Long

NCLTC just completed (it came down today) a six week run - our layout has been on display at a mall here in the Raleigh area since Thanksgiving. This was an interesting experience for us and it actually worked out much better than I expected. While (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.town) !

  Re: NCLTC Christmas Layout Display @ South Hills Mall - Raleigh, NC

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:... (...) Cary Clark and I were just chatting and I realized that I never posted the pictures of our layout (when it was complete) and the building event we did to benefit the Food Bank (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:H6qqo9.JtK@lugnet.com... (...) week! (...) NCLTC has a layout on display for the month of December at South Hills Mall in Raleigh. This afternoon we set up our play area and collected food to benefit (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  NCLTC Christmas Layout Display @ South Hills Mall - Raleigh, NC

The North Carolina LEGO Train Club will have a 10'x20' layout on display from December 1st through December 28th at South Hills Mall in Raleigh, North Carolina. Our layout is part of the Christmas theme of the Mall and will be set up in the open (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events) !

  Re: Organizing....

Hi Joe, I am not sure if I am on your list, but please make sure to keep me in the loop on any NC meetings. Thanks. -Nick (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Organizing....

Hi all, I got 'picked/volunteered':) to set up a meeting of NCLUG, and need to get an idea of how many people are out there and where they live in the good ol' North State to try to set things up. I live in the Raleigh/Durham area and already know (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: LEGO & NCLTC @ Lulu Tech Circus in Raleigh, NC 9/27-9/29

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:H36Cw7.Fqu@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) and (...) [ ... snipped ... ] This past Tuesday (9/24) the N&O ran a feature story in the Connect section on the LuLu Tech (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:H369B3.989@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Hmm, just realized I didn't add any comentary before I hit send on this. The LuLu Tech Circus is the brain child of Bob Young, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

  Re: LEGO & NCLTC @ Lulu Tech Circus in Raleigh, NC 9/27-9/29

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:... (...) Several (...) has (...) the (...) I took a few pictures of the LEGO booth and our small layout at the LuLu Tech Circus yesterday. (URL) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

  Re: UCS B-wing 2.0 / Raleigh Area LUG

"Guybrush" <REMOVECAPSguybrush@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:H346pM.HsL@lugnet.com... (...) about (...) so, (...) Off topic for the Star Wars newsgroup but that is where the thread started, follow ups will be set properly. There are a number of (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

  LEGO & NCLTC @ Lulu Tech Circus in Raleigh, NC 9/27-9/29

Next weekend (9/27-9/29) the Lulu Tech Circus is being held at the Jim Graham Building on the NC State Fairgrounds in Raleigh, North Carolina. (URL) is a sponsor and will have three exhibits at the Tech Circus. The LEGO's Brand Retail exhibit will (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.announce)

  tweeked 137/ blast from the past

(URL) Today, I found these pictures of my tweeked 137, which I took to my first meeting with "Lego people" - Cary Clark, Frank Filz, and Martin Legualt. [June 2000] sheree (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Please help me find a home

Hi guys (and gals perhaps). I am hoping to move to North Carolina at the end of September - I am currently in Indiana. I am hoping to find a friendly body in the neighborhood of Wilson/Greenville area to ask a few questions. My folks are getting (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Star Wars Sets on sale at Target...

(...) I did notice that. Though it was odd. (...) I saw several at both Glenwood and Garner. There are fewer Tantive IVs, tho. (...) I went to the Glenwood Target a bit ago, and they are clearancing the sets also. The Glenwood Walmart got the new (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Star Wars Sets on sale at Target...

"Joe Meno" <jmenomeno@aol.com> wrote in message news:Gyop0L.6wH@lugnet.com... (...) sale: (...) Historically the Target in Garner and the Target in Cary were pretty much on the same clearance schedule. However, during this past post Christmas, they (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: My move in progress

(...) A club "does" whatever the group of people decide they want to do. Some of us specialize in trains, some do Technic, some do Mecha, some do Mindstorms or First LEGO League, some do games like Brickwars or Steve's Pirate Games... Find a bunch (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: My move in progress

(...) A few things... * You get to socialize with people who don't think less of you just because you play with LEGO * Show off your models and see other peoples' models (like Brickshelf, but in real life) * Put on shows for the public (Great (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: My move in progress

(...) What exactly does a lego club do? I know that in the area is a the PNLTC (Pacific Northwest Lego Train Club) in the area. But I am still unclear as to what a lego club does. (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: My move in progress

(...) It's my fault for including lugnet.loc.us.nc in the original post... Frank (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: My move in progress

(...) Ah, I hadn't realized you're in Oregon. Cool! I've joined PNLTC which is about half Portland folks. I think most of the PNLTCers don't post much to Lugnet. I'd love to get together sometime though (this weekend might be short notice, but with (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: My move in progress

"Tim Coats" <tcoats@cyberis.net> wrote in message news:GwKxnD.4Gn@lugnet.com... (...) about (...) Was the cross post to lugnet.loc.us.nc a mistake? The rest of your post seems to be about Oregon. Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: My move in progress

There don't appear to be a lot of Lego collectors in this area who know about the Lugnet newsgroup anyway. I actually live in Salem, which is about 45 minutes drive or so from Beaverton. I might be interested in helping getting a Lego club going in (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: Pictures from 2002 Raleigh GATS Show

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:Gu671p.JLv@lugnet.com... (...) we (...) viewing (...) I have posted more pictures from the Raleigh GATS show from today (Sunday, 4/7) on BrickShelf. I tried to take some more close ups (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Pictures from 2002 Raleigh GATS Show

(...) Martin Legault of MonLUG seems to be the one that inspired this style of tower. His can be seen here at it's debut in Toronto last May 26th: (URL) here at the November Train show in Montreal: (URL) pictures by the way. Looks like everyone had (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Pictures from 2002 Raleigh GATS Show

Hey Mike! Wow that is Impressive! Great job by all, Congrats on a Successful Show! BIG SET UP! Legomaster www.mylegomaster.com (22 years ago, 7-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

The Saw Mill Rocks! -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:Gu671p.JLv@lugnet.com... (...) we (...) viewing (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Pictures from 2002 Raleigh GATS Show

(...) The idea for the tower comes from one made by Kevin Loch? I saw it at BrickFest last year on the WAMALUG layout. I got the red technic axles from 1351 Movie Backdrop Studio and the white axles from 3591 Heli-transport (Znap). It uses a (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Pictures from 2002 Raleigh GATS Show

What is that radio tower made out of? (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Gu68n4.Mqx@lugnet.com... (...) we (...) viewing (...) Nope, Frank has departed for Portland. The 12v loop and 7740 (built as the alternate model) belong to Thomas Main. (...) Thanks, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Pictures from 2002 Raleigh GATS Show

(...) 12V stuff! Frank's swan song with you guys?? Diggin' that sawmill. It looks (wait for it....) sharp! What's up with all the cars full of different monochromatic stuff (silver/chrome, gold, trans red, etc...) what was that supposed to be? (22 years ago, 7-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Pictures from 2002 Raleigh GATS Show

Here is the first batch of pictures from the 2002 Raleigh GATS Show. Our layout was a hit and with heavy traffic all day. No major disasters and we are supposed to be on the news tonight! If you live in the Raleigh viewing area, checkout the WB22 (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  NCLTC to display at Raleigh GATS Show April 6th and 7th

On April 6th and 7th the North Carolina LEGO Train Club (NCLTC) will have our layout on display at the Great American Train Show (GATS) in Raleigh, North Carolina. The layout will be approximately 16'x20' with four train loops (three 9v and one 12v) (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  My move in progress

Well, my move is in progress. Friday, they driver called to ask if he could come by Monday to scope things out (he was scheduled to arrive Tuesday for packing and loading). I said sure. When he arrived on Monday, he asked if he could get started and (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Frank Filz has nearly left the building...

I'm interested in hosting a get-together for any and all to wish Frank Filz a safe journey. I'll keep all of the dates below open. Frank's enthusiasm is contagious -- I know -- I caught it when I first met him -- so I hope as many of you as possible (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Heads are rolling... far far away...

(...) <snip> Ummm...congratulations? Or...not? I...uhhh...don't know...really...what a head-spinner.... No...definately congratulations...yeah! That's it! Congratulations Frank! I hope Portland turns out to be everything you want and need! Best (...) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: Heads are rolling... far far away...

Well, this last week has been hectic and a bit of a roller coaster. Tuesday night when I got home from BricksWest I sent off my references to Spinnaker Networks in Pittsburgh PA. Wednesday, a new possibility at the IBM Almaden Research Center (San (...) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: get together??? 2002/ (things to bring)

(...) Glad to hear things were OK. We were worried... (...) We had a great time. Unfortunately I never got my camera out. We started by assembling my extended 7740 (engine, 7819 mail car, 7815 sleeper, 3 coaches, 2 club cars, and dining car) on the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: get together??? 2002/ (things to bring)

(...) Ack, My apologies for not being able to attend at the last minute. I hope that everyone had a good time at Fritz'. I got an automatically recorded message from my wife, Dawn, early Saturday morning that her flight back from Colorado where she (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: get together??? 2002/ (things to bring)

In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes: <snip> (...) I think I have at least 3 of those. -- Thomas Main thomasmain@hotmail.com (22 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: get together??? 2002/ (things to bring)

(...) Thought this might be a good place to start a "want list" for buying and trade for 2/2/02 at Fritz's i need 3 2x4 black bricks with the holes for metal pins - to attach my red spoke wheels (URL) with extra goblins? or ewoks? and any stray (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: get together??? 2002

Well, I've been doing some building. I now have an 8 car 7740 train (plus engine): 1 7740 engine 1 7740 dining car 3 7740 coach 2 xxxx club car 1 7815 sleeper 1 7819 mail car I hope to build the blue and red cars (from 7715 and 7818 parts) to go (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Train Show Planning

The North Carolina LEGO Train Club (NCLTC) is in the midst of planning our next show. If you live in North Carolina (or southern Virginia) and are interested in participating in this event, please contact me. The show is April 6th and 7th at the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: Heads are rolling...

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3C505E1D.5929@m...ing.com... (...) Frank. I'll assume you mean Pittsburgh, PA. If so, Pittsburgh is a great city with lots of culture, etc. (Strip District, the revitalized Homestead (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.va.ric)

  Re: Heads are rolling...

(...) I have seen some Jobs postings for Austin which I'll be checking out (what group are you with?). I'm not sure if STL shows up in Jobs as San Jose or Santa Teresa, if the 2nd, there wasn't anything the other day. Frank (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.va.ric, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: Heads are rolling...

(...) As I mentioned over in lugnet.admin.general, the Lugnet community is one of the most rewarding ones I have ever participated in. I am so much more looking forward to my job search knowing that chances are real high that whereever I end up I'll (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.va.ric)

  Re: Heads are rolling...

(...) Y’know, this is what I like about LUGNET! =) People helpin’ other people, sharing ideas, and networking. This really makes the community strong when we pull for each other! I just wish I had contacts so that I too could help Frank out. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.va.ric)

  Re: Heads are rolling...

(...) How do you feel about (donning my flame-retardant suit) Microsoft? Being with another one of the "giants" out there - I just thought I'd ask. You can't beat the benefits - I keep expecting someone to show up looking for a kidney in return for (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.va.ric)

  Re: Heads are rolling...

(...) <snip> (...) Frank, I'm sorry to hear this news. I know you've been with the company for a long time and I hope that you can stay with them (preferably without having to move...but I guess that is not likely- :( ). Of course, it is also a big (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.va.ric)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact