 Trains / Train Organizations / 2225
Re: NCLTC Christmas Layout Display @ South Hills Mall - Raleigh, NC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:45:07 GMT

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...
The North Carolina LEGO Train Club will have a 10'x20' layout on display
from December 1st through December 28th at South Hills Mall in Raleigh,
North Carolina.  Our layout is part of the Christmas theme of the Mall and
will be set up in the open area of the mall near Santa.

More details (location, directions, etc.) are available on our web site:

http://www.ncltc.cc/events/southhillsmall2002/index.htm

Cary Clark and I were just chatting and I realized that I never posted the
pictures of our layout (when it was complete) and the building event we did
to benefit the Food Bank of North Carolina.

Since BrickShelf is slow - I have posted the pictures on the NCLTC web site:

http://www.ncltc.cc/events/southhillsmall2002/gallery.htm

Here are a couple of deep links of interesting items:

Cary Clark's 1:1 scale RR sign:
http://www.ncltc.cc/images/events/southhillsmall2002/021207/P1010009.JPG

One of the lights from Cary Clark's 1:1 scale RR crossing:
http://www.ncltc.cc/images/events/southhillsmall2002/021207/P1010031.JPG

Fritz Grondy's Castle:
http://www.ncltc.cc/images/events/southhillsmall2002/021207/P1010040.JPG

The Christmas Parade:
http://www.ncltc.cc/images/events/southhillsmall2002/021207/P1010013.JPG

The crowd around the kids play area:
http://www.ncltc.cc/images/events/southhillsmall2002/021207/P1010049.JPG
http://www.ncltc.cc/images/events/southhillsmall2002/021207/P1010052.JPG

A very excited young boy who won one of the trains we gave away:
http://www.ncltc.cc/images/events/southhillsmall2002/021207/P1010054.JPG
http://www.ncltc.cc/images/events/southhillsmall2002/021207/P1010055.JPG

The look on this child's face when we called his name was priceless.  He was
so excited.

We collected a bunch of food and quite a bit of cash for the Food Bank of
North Carolina and exposed a lot of people to LEGO's train products.  All in
all, our presence in the mall has been a great experience to date.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com