 Announcements / 2322
2321  |  2323
Subject:
NCLTC Holiday Layout at South Hills Mall - Raleigh, NC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 02:26:50 GMT

The North Carolina LEGO Train Club (NCLTC) has our layout on display for the
Holiday Season at South Hills Mall in Raleigh, North Carolina.  This is our
second holiday layout, we were in the same mall a year ago.  This year's
layout is a tad smaller than last year but I think we have done a much
better job detailing the layout than we did a year ago.

This year's layout is 12'x17' and features a Christmas parade and three
loops of track.  The layout is unmanned and the trains run from 8:00 AM
until 9:30 PM everyday.  If you are in the Raleigh area, please take a
minute to stop by and check it out.  South Hills Mall is right off I-40 at
the intersection of I-40 and Route 1.  South Hills Mall is open daily from
9:00 AM until 9:00 PM and Sunday from 1:00 PM until 5:00 PM.  Our layout
will be on display until January 4th (or there about).

On Saturday, December 13, 2003 from 1:00-4:00 NCLTC will host a building
event adjacent to our layout to benefit the Food Bank of North Carolina.  A
two can contribution to the Food Bank will gain an entry in a drawing to win
a LEGO train.  The building event coincides with the December NCLUG meeting
which will also be held at SHM.

Here are some pictures of our layout - a few more details have been added
since I took these but for the most part, this is how it looks right now.
We'll tweak it from time to time (which is one of the fun parts about it
being up for a while).

Layout on Display:
Dates:  December 1, 2003 - January 4, 2004
Location:  South Hills Mall in front of Tom's Train Station
Admission:  Free
Hours:  Daily 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM, Sunday 1:00 - 5:00 PM
Driving Directions:  http://www.tomstrainstation.com/map.html

Building Event & NCLUG Meeting: