 Local / United States / Minnesota / Minneapolis/St. Paul / *240 (-20)
Subject:
Building event in Rochester this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:47:23 GMT

In case anyone missed it over in .announce, we'll be building a 7-foot-tall
replica of a landmark building in Rochester, MN this weekend.  Come down and
watch, heckle, or help!  See this post for the details:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=2673

Steve [GMLTC]

Off-Topic: Minneapolis neighborhoods
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:38:41 GMT

Hi all,

I'm trying to gather some information about one of the "bad" neighborhoods in
town and I have fairly limited access to natives of the area.  I don't know how
tolerant you are of off-topic threads in this group, so please feel free to
email me directly if you have any useful info.

I'm looking at a building in the Whittier neighborhood (on the corner of
Pillsbury and 27th -- between Lake of the Isles and 35W).  The real estate agent
is attempting to dissuade us from the neighborhood because it's bad (unsafe).

Essentially, my question to you is, "is it really?"  How bad is it?

According to the crime stats, it appears to be pretty unlikely that I'd be
murdered but that theft is alarmingly common.  The bit that I can't get at
online is how does it feel?  Are there large groups of malcontent youths
standing around looking for trouble?  That kind of thing.  If anyone has any
experience in the area, I'd be much obliged at a bit of an info/opinion dump.

Thanks in advance from your soon to be neighbor,

Chris

Subject:
Pick a Brick, MOA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:24:33 GMT

Not sure if this is the correct group, but why is it that the PAB at the MOA
never seems to have anything new?  They did seem to have some of the trans
bricks for a while, but I haven't seen them in several months.  It doesn't seem
the store in general gets anything new (but that could be a different post
altogether).  Are they being sold before they hit the shelves?  Anyone have any
input?

Subject:
GMLTC to show with Santa this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 07:04:36 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (www.gmltc.org) is pleased to announce
we will be displaying our LEGO train layout at the 3rd Annual "Santa's
Trainshop" event at the Minnesota Transportation Museum's Jackson Street
Roundhouse in St. Paul, MN.

Hours:
Sat 12/06 - 10:00am to 5:00pm

Admission:
$6 per person

Event Activities include:
  *Photos with Santa ($5.00/photo)
  *Caboose Rides (every half hour)
  *Pick-a-Pocket Storytime (11:30, 1:00, 2:15)
  *Model Train Layouts
  *Train Restoration Tours

For more information about this event visit:
http://www.mtmuseum.org
or
http://www.mtmuseum.org/jsr/events/santa.pdf
--
Bill Toenjes
Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club
www.gmltc.org

Re: Pictures from GATS last weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:36:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
   By popular request, I’ve uploaded a few pictures I took last weekend.

sneak preview here, or you can wait until the folder is moderated.

Folder here: GATS folder...

I’ve also included a ‘ReadMe.txt’ with some more info for each of the images in the folder.

Hope you like ‘em!

JohnG, GMLTC

J1 and all,

I’ve just uploaded another 25 pictures I took the weekend of October 25 & 26 at the GMLTC’s first place finish at GATS.

J1’s post-show wrapup http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=21352 and ‘read me’ pretty much sums up everything.

Enjoy!

--
Bill
(TooMuchDew)

Subject:
GMLTC to show at St Paul MN GATS this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:21:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The Greater Minnesota LEGO Train Club
will be showing this weekend at the
Great American Train Show (GATS)
http://www.greatamericantrainshow.com/maps/STP10-03/STPTInfo/STPInternet%20Copy.htm

Join us at the
RiverCentre
143 West Fourth St
St Paul, MN

Saturday & Sunday
October 25 & 26, 2003
11:00 am - 5:00 pm, both days

We hope to feature the debut of two new modules at this show and as always
guests are invited to bring along their own rolling stock to run on our layout!
--
Bill
(TooMuchDew)

Re: Any LEGO Enthusiasts out there?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 01:22:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, Erick Jensen writes:
Hey!  I'm not in any LUGs or into brikwars, but welcome to the area.

Thanks, even though I won't be there for about three months!

I'm just over the border in WI.  You live pretty close to one of the best lego
stores in the country (so I hear).  Go the mall of america and check that
thing out.  You can get some rare stuff there, and some mail order-only
stuff, same price but no shipping costs.  There's some fun stuff to do
around here.  The concerts are fun if you're into that.  Anyways.

Yeah, my grandpa told me about that great LEGO store.  Can't wait!

Thanks again,

Nathan

Lord Of The LEGO

Re: Any LEGO Enthusiasts out there?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 22:21:42 GMT

Hey!  I'm not in any LUGs or into brikwars, but welcome to the area.  I'm
just over the border in WI.  You live pretty close to one of the best lego
stores in the country (so I hear).  Go the mall of america and check that
thing out.  You can get some rare stuff there, and some mail order-only
stuff, same price but no shipping costs.  There's some fun stuff to do
around here.  The concerts are fun if you're into that.  Anyways.

e.

In lugnet.general, Nathan Wells writes:
Hi All,

My family and I will be moving to a place near St. Cloud in MN for nine
months beginning at Sept. 1.  I was just wondering if there was a LUG Group
or just some fellow LEGO enthusiasts somewhere near that area.

I'm mostly interested in playing Brikwars with a group, but also doing other
group stuff like a Moonbase or Medieval Marketplace project.

If there is anyone out there please let me know!

Thanks!

Nathan

Lord of the LEGO

Re: Any LEGO Enthusiasts out there?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 00:50:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.general, Nathan Wells writes:
Hi All,

My family and I will be moving to a place near St. Cloud in MN for nine
months beginning at Sept. 1.  I was just wondering if there was a LUG Group
or just some fellow LEGO enthusiasts somewhere near that area.

I'm mostly interested in playing Brikwars with a group, but also doing other
group stuff like a Moonbase or Medieval Marketplace project.

If there is anyone out there please let me know!

Thanks!

Nathan

Lord of the LEGO

If you're willing to head East on I-94 an hour or so, you can check out the
Twin Cities LEGO Users Group (TCLUG), and perhaps the Greater Midwest LEGO
Train Club (GMLTC).

Thanks for the info!

I don't know of any AFOL groups in St. Cloud, though...

Erm, I'm not even an AFOL, I'm just 14.

JohnG, GMLTC

Thanks for the quick responce,

Nathan

Lord Of The LEGO

Re: Any LEGO Enthusiasts out there?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 00:37:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nathan Wells writes:
Hi All,

My family and I will be moving to a place near St. Cloud in MN for nine
months beginning at Sept. 1.  I was just wondering if there was a LUG Group
or just some fellow LEGO enthusiasts somewhere near that area.

I'm mostly interested in playing Brikwars with a group, but also doing other
group stuff like a Moonbase or Medieval Marketplace project.

If there is anyone out there please let me know!

Thanks!

Nathan

Lord of the LEGO

If you're willing to head East on I-94 an hour or so, you can check out the
Twin Cities LEGO Users Group (TCLUG), and perhaps the Greater Midwest LEGO
Train Club (GMLTC).

I don't know of any AFOL groups in St. Cloud, though...

JohnG, GMLTC

Subject:
Any LEGO Enthusiasts out there?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 00:33:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi All,

My family and I will be moving to a place near St. Cloud in MN for nine
months beginning at Sept. 1.  I was just wondering if there was a LUG Group
or just some fellow LEGO enthusiasts somewhere near that area.

I'm mostly interested in playing Brikwars with a group, but also doing other
group stuff like a Moonbase or Medieval Marketplace project.

If there is anyone out there please let me know!

Thanks!

Nathan

Lord of the LEGO

Subject:
G.M.L.T.C. to display at "Day Out With Thomas™" event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 05:35:03 GMT

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (www.gmltc.org) is pleased to announce
we will be displaying our LEGO train layout at the "Day Out With Thomas™"
event at the Minnesota Transportation Museum's Jackson Street Roundhouse
in St. Paul, MN from April 25-27 and May 1-4, 2003.
This is an extremely popular event with an expected attendance of 15,000 to
20,000 people over the 7 days.

Hours:
Fri 04/25 - 9:15am to 4:00pm, Sat 04/26 - 8:00am to 5:30pm
Sun 04/27 - 8:30am to 4:00pm
Thu 05/01 - 9:15am to 4:00pm, Fri 05/02 - 9:15am to 8:00pm
Sat 05/03 - 8:00am to 5:30pm, Sun 05/04 - 8:30am to 4:30pm

Tickets:
$14 per ticket (ages 1 and up)
Tickets include admission to the event, all of the activities on the property,
including a train ride with Thomas the Tank Engine, and admission to the
Jackson Street Roundhouse, a Railroad Museum

Event Activities include:
20 Minute Rides with Thomas the Tank Engine, Meet Sir Topham Hatt™, Face
Painting, Magicians, Clowns, Thomas & Friends™ Storytelling and Videos,
Thomas the Tank Engine Play Areas

Visit: TicketWeb
http://www.ticketweb.com/thomas.html
Or Call 1.866.468.7630
Monday-Friday: 8am-8pm, Saturday: 9am-8pm, Sunday: 9am-7 pm

For more information about this event visit:
http://www.mtmuseum.org
--
Bill Toenjes
Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club
www.gmltc.org

Re: Next TCLug Meeting (January)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:02:54 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, Jamie Dunn writes:
Hi Everybody!  We are looking to hold our TCLug  January meeting on
Saturday, January 11th at Brian's House (we thought this might be a more
flexible day).  Right now, we are looking at an early afternoon or
possibly and early evening start , but we are looking for feedback as to an
exact time (what works best  all of you?).  Hopefully everyone had a
great Holiday!  Again, this will be open forum & discussion and feel free
to bring some snacks or drinks to share!

Let us know what time you think would be best!

Thanks!

Jamie

If you need instructions to my house, please email me and I will send them
to you.

Thanks,

Brian K>

Subject:
Next TCLug Meeting (January)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:37:43 GMT

Hi Everybody!  We are looking to hold our TCLug  January meeting on
Saturday, January 11th at Brian's House (we thought this might be a more
flexible day).  Right now, we are looking at an early afternoon or
possibly and early evening start , but we are looking for feedback as to an
exact time (what works best  all of you?).  Hopefully everyone had a
great Holiday!  Again, this will be open forum & discussion and feel free
to bring some snacks or drinks to share!

Let us know what time you think would be best!

Thanks!

Jamie

Subject:
Next TCLug Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:37:38 GMT

Hi!  Our next TCLUG meeting will be this Friday, November 8th @ 6:30pm.  It
will be at Brian's new house.  Email me for directions! (cowrack@yahoo.com).
Bring along any sets, MOC, or lego items you wish! I hope to see you there!!
Remember, Brian has moved, so PLEASE email me for new directions!

Thanks!
Jamie

Subject:
Google News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca.ab.edm, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:42:08 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Google has added a new "News" tab to their search interface, allowing you to
search thousands of news sources.  A quick search for "lego" turns up a
couple of interesting recent articles...(I'm sure there are thousands more)...

http://news.google.com/news?q=lego

1) Anyone in Edmonton know Frank Robinson?

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmontonjournal/story.asp?id=%7B97489E2C-3D41-4FD9-AB2E-E9C352EC3DD8%7D

2) I met David Oakes a couple of times when I lived in Minneapolis...sounds
like he has moved to Arizona...

http://www.arizonarepublic.com/smartliving/articles/0910lego10.html

Here's David's homepage:

http://home.sprynet.com/~djoakes/homepage.htm

--Todd

Subject:
Star Wars at Kohls (MN)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 04:01:27 GMT

The Maplewood Kohls (Minnesota) had many of the new sets today (names/prices
from memory, so may be off a bit).  Kohls sometimes marks stuff up a bit
but these looked like MSRPish prices to me:

Tatooine Encounter (Sandpeople), $9.99
Jedi Flyer-thingies, $29.99
Jango Fett's Slave I, $49.99
Republic Gunship, $89.99

So maybe it's a fluke, but check your local Kohls if you're in the
neighborhood.  Kohls often has Lego at 20% off, but not this week.

Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/

Re: Next meeting TCLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:40:02 GMT

Just a reminder of the meeting this week! I hope to see you all there!

A few topics for the meeting:

TCLUG - Making it real (what should we do)
Brik Wars - Getting a game started
MOC & New Lego Products (We will have a super chief, metroliner, and
possibly a few others)
Discussion on new Lego
Open Discussion

Hope to see you all there!  Feel free to email me if you think you will be
there or need directions!

Jamie

In lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, Jamie Dunn writes:

Ok!   It took me longer than expected, but here it is,

The next meeting will be at Brians House, it will be on Friday, March 22,
from about 7pm untill ???.  Feel free to bring along any MOC's, sets, or
anything of interest.  If you have questions, need directions, want to chat,
or anything else, let me know!  Also, please feel free to pass this message
along to any Lego Friends who you think would be interested!

If you are new and reading this and you would like to attend, drop me an email!

Thanks!

Jamie

Subject:
Next meeting TCLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:44:19 GMT

Ok!   It took me longer than expected, but here it is,

The next meeting will be at Brians House, it will be on Friday, March 22,
from about 7pm untill ???.  Feel free to bring along any MOC's, sets, or
anything of interest.  If you have questions, need directions, want to chat,
or anything else, let me know!  Also, please feel free to pass this message
along to any Lego Friends who you think would be interested!

If you are new and reading this and you would like to attend, drop me an email!

Thanks!

Jamie

Re: Interesting places to visit in Minneapolis?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:26:58 GMT

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 06:00:04 GMT, "Calum Tsang"
<tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote:

Hi folks,

It appears I'll be visiting Minneapolis in a week or so.  Is there anything
a Lego enthusiast would find interesting to visit?  I understand there is a
Lego store in the Mall of America-my coworkers in Minnetonka have already
said this should be a major stop.

Calum

I am not currently aware of any other current major Lego happenings.
Target has apparently gone to 75%  on a bunch of their x-mas toys but
by next week the pickens will probably be pretty sparse to gone.
Not much help I'm afraid.
Mike
--

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact