 Trains / 21352
Re: another blue ribbon for a LEGO Train Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 03:10:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
I pleased to announce the GMLTC took the first place blue ribbon at this
weekend's GATS show in St. Paul, Minnesota.

We had a great location right inside the main entrance, and we had people around
the layout the whole weekend.

Pictures to come later this week, once I figure out where my digital camera
ended up...  *grin*

BORING! This constant winning of first place by LEGO train clubs is really
starting to get tiresome. :-)

That's why I didn't bother to name our club in the subject line...  ;-)

Seriously, congratulations and we're all keen to see the pictures so get
looking! Any new modules this show or is it basically the same layout as this
summer at the MT museum?

Two new modules are partially completed, so we're *almost* up to half a
rectangle.  We're working on building a mountain in the corner of the layout
across two modules, we're up to track height (17 bricks) and working our way
skyward.

My Challenger is still a "work in progress", even with some non-Lego pieces to
try to keep it on the track...  But I'm stubborn enough to keep trying!

My other near-term project is some MLCad projects of a couple of small creations
off the layout.  So if I can get them done I'll put 'em up on our website or
Brickshelf (or both!)

Oh yea, I should note that the new Lego Train posters were a big hit!  I had fun
pointing out the two pictures of our layout on the back...  :-)  And the poster
saved our proverbial hides Saturday morning - at the last show we (aka John
Kelly) had decided to re-arrange the building in our town.  Well, John couldn't
make setup and none of the rest of us could figure out where things were
supposed to go.  Fortunately for us, the left-hand picture on the poster was of
our new arrangement, so we could figure it out.  THANKS, LEGO!!

(Yea, we're THAT disorganized!!  *grin*)

We only had one "Guest train" this weekend, we're hoping for more at our next
event.  So bring your Lego trains!

JohnG, GMLTC