 Local / United Kingdom / 2026
Re: Unified UK Lego community idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:21:20 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:

The US customs gang in Ottawa(1), the first week, had a good laugh with
me when I pointed out that Lego is a class of good that is duty free.

Maybe going *your* way <grumble grumble bitch bitch>

1 - Ottawa has a US customs right there in the airport. Handy. Means you
don't have to go through customs when you get to the US. Apparently the
officers are US citizens who live in Canada and get a pretty good deal
on housing etc, via allowances.

There are several US/Canada border points that do this.  All of the ground
ones, of course, and I know Calgary has US Customs right there, and (I
believe) Vancouver does as well.  I'm not sure if the same deal occurs the
other way or not.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/