 Local / United Kingdom / 1984
Re: Unified UK Lego community idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 03:15:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Secret (not really) about travel to the US/Canada, and back:
you are allowed two suitcases, each not to weigh more than
about 60 pounds each....... (Trust me, I work for an airline!)

They don't even have to be suitcases. 2 weeks in a row I scrounged up
suitably large (for my nefarious purposes)/small (to pass restrictions)
boxes and stuffed them with stuff to bring back from Ottawa. (or are we
talking US/UK??? US/Canada is I think, 75 pounds each)

I have no idea about such regulations, but we quite happily brought 3 suitcases
and 3 carry-on (between 2 of us), and I am *positive* that at least one of
those suitcases was more than 75 pounds.  The only requirement I'm aware of
(not counting specific airline weight/size restrictions) for returning to
Canada is the customs requirments, which essentially is just "pay tax on more
than x amount of duty free".

But then, you undeniably do more travelling than I do.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/