 Local / United Kingdom / 1934
Re: Unified UK Lego community idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 18:54:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Stuart Curtis writes:
My idea, as discussed with Richard and Ian at the recent DK/Lego event in
Glasgow, was for a website, either as part of Lugnet, or on a seperate
server, which basically lists all of the shops in the UK which sell Lego.
This idea came about after the multitude of posts on Lugnet of the scheme:
"Hi, I will be in <insert city here> over the weekend, can you tell me a
good place to go for Lego?"
If there was a site with this kind of information, it would be convenient
not just for tourists, but also for us British AFOLs too...
[...]

I can help you here right now -- very minimal overhead.  If you guys want to
pick someone to volunteer to maintain links & things, I'll give them editor
permissions to the whole /loc/uk/ hierarchy, and they can put information
onto the local UK LUGNET webpages right from their web browser.

For example, I put a couple links on the Boston page:

   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ma/bos/

LMK...
--Todd