 Local / United Kingdom / 1994
Re: Unified UK Lego Web Page/Community?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 01:22:03 GMT

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Richard Franks (<FLypz7.BI7@lugnet.com>) wrote at
14:09:07

as well as the new details about LEGO North Europe
based in Slough.

What is this??

I think it's that LEGO North Europe HQ is now based in Slough, as opposed to
Denmark for example. I don't know where it was or if it existed before!

LEGO Europe has been reorganised into two big chunks, AFAICT.

There is the N. Europe bit, which covers the UK, France, Denmark & the
rest of Scandinavia, and all points in between, which is run from
Slough.

Then there is Germany, and the rest of Europe, which I think is run from
somewhere in Germany, but I don't know.

This reorganisation is where all these old sets are appearing from, as
warehouses are cleared out and closed down.

The Wrexham operation here in the UK has already been downgraded from HQ
to warehouse, and even that will close in the new year, as everything
will be down south.
--
Tony Priestman