 Local / United Kingdom / 1989
Re: Unified UK Lego Web Page/Community?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 08:34:51 GMT

Richard Franks <spontificus@__nospam__yahoo.com> writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Simon Denscombe writes:

I'm thinking of registering www.uklug.org.uk - has anyone been to
www.itlug.org ?  That's brilliant and the same sort of thing I want to
do.  I've got a prototype logo done in POV-RAY - anyone is welcome to do
a superior one.

Cool! It appears that I've stumbled across something already thought of :)

Thank guys! We're very glad you liked our ItLUG site. We consider the design
phase not yet finished, but the idea is definitely there.

Ideas for left pane links:

[...big snip...]

Hope you don't mind if we steal some of *your* ideas :-)
BTW, an other item that could be useful is a glossary for those acronyms
like BURP, FOTW etc. We plan to insert one in our site.

As for breaking down the loc.uk content into specialized categories, I
personally prefer to get all my UK Lego info in one place - even the
dreaded trade posts.

I agree - we battled with Todd to get rid of the 88 useless groups for
ages.  The only case for another group is for LOCAL auctions and sales.

I have to admit that I can't quite picture loc.uk getting swamped with
messages, and obviously the thing you want to avoid is *missing* out on
something important because you didn't subscribe to some more localised • group!
The website will hopefully contain most of the vital information..

So you succeeded in this. These are great news! We are going to ask Todd for
the same thing.

Mario (...who dreams of an European Legofest sooner or later...)

Web page: http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari
LUGNET member page:  http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=22
Proud member of ItLUG: http://www.itlug.org