 Local / Canada / Ontario / Ottawa / 93
Re: Ottawa LUG?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 00:00:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, Kevin Dixon writes:
Hi,

I have been to play value a few times and picked some good older stuff,
as well as the droid developer kit and cyberslam (I think? - for the
cheap motor and beams).  Didn't see the deals you listed about though -
may have to check it out this week.  Anything left or did you guys clean
it out? :)

LOL, no we didn't clean them out yet. They have quite a few of all the
sets left there still.

Wow!  Which Zellers was this?  I thought I had hit every Zellers in the
Ottawa area, and I have never seen these 2 sets.  Good find...

I think there may have been an 8250 left on the shelf. Kay-On had it in
his hands, but he'd already bought one previously, so he left it. It was
on the bottom shelf at the Zeller's at Baseline and Woodroffe.

The best find I've had is an 8277 and multiple sets of 6444.

Cool. I got a couple 6444's too, but I never found any 8277's. Where
did you find that one? Any left by chance?

As for Train stuff, I forgot about the 2126 and 3225 - I have one of
each of those also. Nice 7700 series train sets you listed too. I also
wish I'd been into Trains when their golden years were around. I am
still trying to get a hold of some 4536's, and made a replica in the
mean-time. Ihaven't got much in the way of MOC's yet, but hope to
remedy that soon. I'd be very interested in seeing your layout too.
I had one set up for a while in our apartment, namely around Christmas
time a year ago (going around the tree), but I haven't set up anything
yet since we moved into our townhome the end of November. Still just
unpacking and setting up/decorating.
Do you use the Track Designer program? I designed my layouts with it
and still have them on file.
TTYL. Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)