 Local / Canada / Ontario / Ottawa / 105
Re: Ottawa LUG?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:59:30 GMT

Tim Strutt wrote:
In lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, Kevin Dixon writes:
I have been to play value a few times and picked some good older stuff,
as well as the droid developer kit and cyberslam (I think? - for the
cheap motor and beams).  Didn't see the deals you listed about though -
may have to check it out this week.  Anything left or did you guys clean
it out? :)

Went to play value today, and was I surprised when I saw the piles and
piles of lego!  Got 1 each of the adventurers sets, hadn't seen them
before except on the shop@home web site!  Also I will have to go back
another day to pick up some of the other clearance items.  Tonnes of
great stuff. It must be new, as that wasn't in there about 3 weeks ago.
Now I see why you laughed when I asked if you cleaned them out... you
would need a forklift for all that stuff!

While I was there, 2 other people were there stocking up on a LOT of
lego... wasn't anyone from here was it?  I almost asked them if they
were in the Ottawa LUG, but then didn't bother.

Also I went to Zellers and picked up an 8250.  There is still one there
for whoever wants it...

Cool. I got a couple 6444's too, but I never found any 8277's. Where
did you find that one? Any left by chance?

I found the 8277 at a store in Bells Corners, but it was the only one.
The 6444's are at the Bay in Orleans.

Forgot to mention that the Bay across from Rideau Centre has the
7161/7121 combo pack, which is a great deal at 50% off.  On top of that
Bay has a 20% off sale, so the price is about $32 for the sub and
swamp!  There were a few left on the weekend, and they both have great
parts.

Kevin