 Local / Canada / Ontario / Ottawa / 61
Re: Ottawa LUG?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:37:46 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, Tim Strutt writes:
Is there anybody still in the Ottawa area who might want to get a LUG
together in the future?
We don't neccessarily have to have regular meetings or anything to start,
just maybe have whoever wants to get together and meet, just for the
sake of knowing there are other AFOL's around. I'm in Barrhaven myself.
I've recently moved into a townhome, and am still working on getting the
place painted/wallpapered/etc, so I haven't got to set up my meager LEGO
collection yet. I've been trying to collect 9V Trains, Town, and some
Pirates and Divers.
If anyone wanted to though, we could meet at a home, restaurant, or just
a LEGO carrying store like Playvalue or TRU some day.
Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Tim Strutt   8^)
p.s. I don't regularly check this newsgroup, so if anyone wishes to
    reply, email me at home @ heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca

I do believe that the Ottawa area already has an active and prosperous LUG
group!  The message below is from Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:24:36 GMT:

I just want to ask all AFOL's and JRFOL's who are in the Ottawa area, if there
is any interest in starting an Ottawa Lego Users Group. Please reply if you are
interested along with what area you live in. Myself, I live in Blackburn, for
now... Oh yeah, I am interested in a group starting too. :-)
Let's see what kind of response we get and go from there.
Jude

Also, a post from Fri, 2 Jun 2000 19:23:16 GMT:

I decided to delurk a little while ago. My name is Jude and I am certain there
are other lurkers out there. Everybody in the NCR delurk and lets prove to the
Torontonians (sp?) that there is more to Ontario than their "MegaCity". Also I
think Todd Lehman will be happy that he gave us a group for more than our
petty 17 messages thus far.
Jude

Good work! form a collective, decide upon a name, create a web site, and talk
to Eric Kingsley about getting your region on the map! Perhaps, one day our
respective groups can have annual Ontario Lego Group gathering   :)
Together, we will own Ontario in the name of LEGO!
Richard

  Sincerely,

                          --==Richard==--

You can reach me @ SHROUD_OF_KUNG_FU@Hotmail.com