 Local / Canada / Ontario / Ottawa / 91
Re: Ottawa LUG?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 17:28:50 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, Kevin Dixon writes:
Hi guys,

I am also in Ottawa, and just having come out of my dark ages in
November, I might be interested in joining the LUG.  How did it go last
night... find any good deals?

So far I have been spending a lot on ebay and brickbay on train sets I
missed out on (from my dark ages).  As well, I'm getting close to Star
Wars complete.

Kevin

If you want any older Star Wars sets, they have several on sale at
Playvalue for a decent price. Several RIS expansion type sets too,
along with some Adventurer stuff and some small Town stuff.
I'll list off my purchases:
7171 Mos Espa Podrace - $69.99
6453 Com-Link Cruiser - $5.99
5920 Island Racer     - $3.99
5913 Dr. Kilroy's Car - $2.50
5313 Space Service Pack- $1.99 (got 5)
And then we hit Zeller's, and got a head-start on their 15% sale:
6494 Mystic Mountain Time Lab - $59.50
8250 Search Sub - $42.50
4285 Classic Value Bucket - $8.49

Once we get started though, Jude tells us that we can get some better
deals with group buying power. He's been telling us wonderful stories
from the Montreal LUG that he started attending.

BTW, I'm interested in Trains also. I have been trying to get some
of the harder to find 9V sets, ie 4558, 4551, 4564. So far I have
4525, 4532x2, 4533, 4537x5, 4539x2, 4541, 4544, 4546, 4549x2, 4552,
4553, 4559, 4561, 4563.
Are you collecting 9V or 12V, or both? I'd love to get some of the
12V stuff, but with limited resources, I'm just hoping for the 3
9V sets I listed. And do you have any of your own MOC's?

Anyways, we'd be more than glad to have another person join our LUG.
The more the merrier. Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)