 LEGO Company / 2794
Re: AFOLs and Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:44:44 GMT

My colleague, Jan Beyer has asked me to pass along word of something • cool
he's working on.

The software allowed is a big question.

Programming environment sounds easy to me: You get a mindstorms set you have
to use. Would say to me you have to program it with the software delivered
in the set...

Yes, that sounds easy.  But keep in mind Pitsco sells the Mindstorms set with
RoboLab software.  And, looking around at Lego.com, you can find LEGO's own
text-based programming language, Mindscript, available for download.

Most AFoLs seem to use NQC or some other programming software.

It really doesn't make too much difference to me what software is allowed, as long
as we know in advance.

Steve