 LEGO Company / 3132
3131  |  3133
Subject:
AFOL Mindstorm competition in Billund
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:26:42 GMT

Jan Beyer has sent me an email with current details about the AFOL Mindstorms competition in Billund including what the date will be. He asked me to post it, and it’s included below (formatting is his).

The other thing he mentioned is that there are currently only three teams that have contacted him with tentative commitments. He needs six teams with firm commitments by the end of the month, so if you are considering attending, get your group together, and let him know!

-- David Schilling

=========================== Jan’s email ===========================

Dear LEGO and Mindstorms enthusiasts,

I will remind you once again that the last day for register to take part in our AFOL LEGO Mindstorms tournament in the LEGOLAND Billund/Denmark is February 1st.

Until now we have 3 registered teams but we need at least 6 teams, otherwise we have to cancel the tournament.

So please register your team by sending an e-mail to:
jan.beyer@europe.lego.com until February 1st.

Here you get once again the modified rules and informations:

Place: LEGOLAND Billund, Denmark
Date: 9th /10th April 2005
Minimum number of teams: 6 otherwise we have to cancel the tournament
Minimum number of participants in each team: 3 persons
Last day for firm application: 1st February 2005

You will get the needed information about the game 2 weeks before the tournament begins, so you can start working at home but you will get a LEGO Mindstorms kit (which contents 1 RCX, 3 motors, 2 light sensors, 2 touch sensors and 1 rotation sensor) from us in Billund so you are not allowed to take any of your own Mindstorms parts with you. All computer programs are allowed and you have to take your own computer with you.

Here is the agenda for the championship days:

Day 1, Saturday

14:30 Welcome in the LEGOLAND Billund. Each team will get the LEGO Mindstorms Set to use it in the tournament and will have access to a variety of different LEGO bricks for design matter.

15:00 The challenge is announced, and you will have until 18.00 to build the robot. During that time you can practice on the tournament table also, but only one team a time.

18:00 LEGOLAND closes and the robot must stay at the table. We all go to dinner.

Day 2. Sunday

10:00 The LEGOLAND Park opens and you will have 2 hours to fine tune your robot. You will again be able to practice at the tournament table.

12:00 The tournament begins.

13:00 Award ceremony and lunch

There will be prizes for the best working robot and the best designed robot.

So if you like to take part in this ultimate AFOL LEGO Mindstorms tournament and compete against teams from other AFOL Communities please register as soon as possible.

You need to pay for your travel and your Bed and Breakfast in Billund, while LEGO will pay for the food and beverages on the two tournament days.

If you have further questions or if you want to register don’t hesitate to contact me under jan.beyer@europe.lego.com.

I am looking forward to see you in Billund in April next year,

Jan