 LEGO Company / 2816
Re: AFOLs and Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:57:27 GMT

In lugnet.lego, David Schilling wrote:
Question: What programming environments will be allowed? Will computers be
provided? Or do we need to bring our own laptops? Can we bring our own
laptops/programming environments even if computers ARE provided?

Answer: All programmes will be allowed and you have to bring your own laptop.

Huh.  They might want to clarify/restrict that, just a bit.  Unless they really
mean for people to write all their code ahead of time, and bring it with them.

The main thing is that it's even for everyone.  Allowing everyone to bring
pre-written code is fair.  On the other hand, not allowing anyone to bring
pre-written code would also be fair.  It kind of comes down to how they want to
organize the event.

Steve