 LEGO Company / 2747
Re: AFOLs and Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:46:43 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
   My colleague, Jan Beyer has asked me to pass along word of something cool he’s working on.

15:00 The challenge is announced, and you will have until 18.00 to build the robot. During that time you can practice on the tournament table also, but only one team a time.

Day 2. Sunday

10:00 The LEGOLAND Park opens and you will have 2 hours to fine tune your robot. You will again be able to practice at the tournament table.

Jake/Jan

Sounds cool. Sign me up.

The software allowed is a big question.

The other issue that could easily be a problem is “table time”. With at least six teams, using one table, one at a time, it may be necessary to impose some kind of time limit to restrict how much of the 5 hours a single team can spend on the table.

Beyond that, I just need to finish filling out the roster for Team Hassenplug, and we’ll be all set.

Steve