 LEGO Company / 1250
Re: Dear LEGO...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 23:01:50 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Allan Bedford wrote:
I can't speak to any of the others, but from what I know of talking to the folks
at Bricks & Blocks in St. Jacob's, they are an independent retailer.  They
aren't a franchise or official company store in any way so far as I know.

Because those 3 Ontario stores carry special S@H packs and sets,
discontinued items, have displays, and have only a huge honkin' LEGO
logo out front, I had always assumed they were at least an officially
recognized exclusive brand store.  I guess not.

Again, speaking only about St. Jacob's... I've always thought of them _sort of_
like a car dealership.  Most car dealers only sell one brand of cars, but
they're not really stores owned by the company that makes the product.  I'm not
sure that's the perfect analogy, but I think it's close.

In this case, they are a toy retailer who only sells one company's toys.  I
believe there is a deeper relationship between them and LEGO than you might
typically find in a toy store that just carries a shelf or twof of their
products.  Hence the company-created display models.  :)

In any case, it seems
that their selection is the same as a LEGO Brand store combined with
a LEGO Outlet (thanx Brian).  So in terms of shopping selection there's
not much (any?) difference between what Ontario has now and these other
"official" stores opening elsewhere.

I agree.  That's why I suggested the Pick-a-Brick as all we really need there.
:)

Having said that, I still think they are a natural location to get a
Pick-a-Brick

I've been away a couple years..., what's "Pick-a-Brick"?

Tim's reply to this question was bang-on.  I added a link to a pic in another
reply.  But it just seems to me that such a thing would work well in St. Jacob's
at least... based on what has already been mentioned.

Again, all of that is regardless of an official store opening somewhere else.
:)

Best regards,
Allan B.