 LEGO Company / 1244
Re: Dear LEGO...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:20:19 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Tim Strutt wrote:

Well, it's not really a "list" per se, but I was referring to this page
of new store openings on the LEGO site, which lists cities by country:
http://www.lego.com/legostores/

Ah, okay.  Y'know, I really can't tell the difference between "LEGO
Imagination Centres", "LEGO Brand Stores", and "LEGO Outlets", from the
point-of-view of buying selection.  They sound the same as the 3 franchise
stores we already have in Ontario (Windsor, Waterloo area, and north of
Toronto).  And compared to those (I've been to the first 2 a few times),
the selection we get at PlayValue in Ottawa isn't too bad.  If we were
to get a LEGO store, I'd like to see it at PlayValue---no sense having
two put each other out of business.

KDJ

LUGNETer #203, Ontario, Canada

LEGO Imagination Centers, besides looking somewhat cooler on a whole, tend to
end up with a whole lot of non-line merchandise and things like keychains and
magnets and stuff.  The Brand Stores are just that, and the Outlets carry a
broader selection of older or discontinued items, and have some awesome sales on
things.

Generally, if you need something that's brand new, the Brand Stores will have
it, and if you need something from last year, you can find it at the outlets.