 LEGO Company / 1231
Re: Dear LEGO...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 02:43:03 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jude Beaudin wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Tim Strutt wrote:
Jake,

...or whatever other LEGO representative that might be reading this...
Why has Canada been left out of this big list of LEGO store openings?!?!
Not to ignore other countries, but Canada actually had a LEGO S@H until a
couple years ago, and it's bad enough we have to go through the US for that.
Why can't we get a Pick A Brick too?!?!
Just a token one to start with would be fine. Say, maybe the nations
capital, Ottawa.   :-)

Tim Strutt
ParLUGment

I agree Jake. Ottawa would be an excellent choice as it is between Canada's two
largest cities, Montreal and Toronto, it is Canada's Capital, it has a
population of over 1 million people in the region, it lies on the border of the
two largest provinces.

Seriously, we want something in Canada. I understand that you may not be able to
do something for everybody geographically, but I believe that whereever you
locate something in Canada a nearby AFOL would be willing to help their fellow
Canadians out.

Jude Beaudin
ParLUGment
MonLUG

As a side note, our benevolent member-at-large has been willing to help us
by shipping 50, yes, 50 large PAB containers worth to us so far from Boston.
And we have orders for many more still.
That number would be a lot higher if we were able to buy it locally due to
the impulse buying factor. Us Ottawa AFOL's would be there a LOT, trust me.

Tim Strutt
ParLUGment