 LEGO Company / 1240
Re: Dear LEGO...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:35:09 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Calum Tsang wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Tim Strutt wrote:
Jake,

...or whatever other LEGO representative that might be reading this...
Why can't we get a Pick A Brick too?!?!
Just a token one to start with would be fine. Say, maybe the nations
capital, Ottawa.   :-)

Well, if you're going to put it anywhere, you'd put it in the nation's
REAL capital, Toronto.  You know, the one that leads in economy,
population, culture etc. :)
It only makes sense that you'd go for Toronto:  If you had to pick a
place with the most people (Toronto) or the most tourist visits
(Toronto)* where would you pick?  :)

I know GTA would be a great spot in Canada economically for a new store,
but you know I had to put in a plug for Ottawa. :-)

But that said, would you, the AFOL, really go to it that often?

If they had outlet pricing for a small selection, we'd be there as least
weekly to check for new items.

So that only really leaves Pick A Brick.  Most of us fans here have had
kind friends (Thanks Mario and JeffE!) to help us out, but would you
really go there that often even if there was one in your own city?
Is there really that variable a selection that would make you want to
go and buy something more than say, once every two months?

We'd go AT LEAST every month for our monthly meeting, that's for sure.
And, until we'd accumulated our max in old greys, fences, trees, etc,
we'd be there as regularly as our VISA's would allow. :-)

And if they put one in Ottawa (or Toronto) would either us really
drive 6 hours to get Pick a Brick?

Not just for PAB, but we have members who stop in St. Jacob's with the
intended purpose of filling a shopping list given by the group, each time
they go down that way. So if PAB made it to GTA, we'd be there, yes.

Tim Strutt