 General / 54496
Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:31:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jason J Railton wrote:

<snip>

I doubt that's possible - a bytecode program just can't run fast enough to do
the timing for the IR commands, on either brick.  The NXT can only manage it
because it sends them over a slow comms link to a HiTechnic IRLink sensor, then
that handles the actual transmission.  The only way the RCX could do it with
it's built-in IR LED is to code the functions into a replacement firmware, as
with Bob Kojima's BrickOS example:

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=54443

Jason R

I'm runnign Dick Swan's alternate firmware that he sent me a while back.

Dave K