 General / 54443
54442  |  54444
Subject:
Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 20:03:10 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Now you can use your RCX to control LEGO Power Functions. That’s right the RCX can act as a PF remote control but it can do something that the PF remote can’t do yet. The RCX can do PWM with your PF reciever moduals.

You do not need to install BrickOS to get this to work. The executable that you need and the BrickOS firmware are included in this packet.

Get it here: http://www.fial.com/bob/lego/PowerFunctions.zip

The zip file includes a sample program that uses 2 rotation sensors to control the PWM on the red and blue ports it can also send controls to all 4 PF chanels. Also included is a .h file that impliments the complete Power functions protocol for BrickOS.

Please let me know of any changes or bugs that need to be addressed.

Bob