 General / 54456
Re: Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2008 21:34:10 GMT

I could not wait to get home from work to try this.  I want to say thank
you; your effort has saved me many countless hours.

I loaded the Firmware, and the Program into a 1.0 RCX, and the brick
worked flawlessly!  On my 1.0 brick, I was able to have that yellow
bulldozer race around my floor all via the glory of RCX control; AND
under PWM.

This was a lot of fun, and I cant wait to build it into a robot for one
of rtl's next games.

Just cause I can, I then downloaded the BrickOS firmware, and the
program, into a 2.0 RCX. I am sad to say I could not get the RCX to
control the Bulldozer reliably.  The firmware, and program loaded with
out a hitch. But as Philo, and Mark discussed here:

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/?n=2228

The 1.0 and the 2.0 RCX use 2 different IR frequencies. I had to hold
the RCX within inch's of the PF recievers to get it to accept any
signal, and then, the funny part was that even with the 2.0 RCX off, the
PF still kept driving the left track FWD.

:)

Just wanted to let you know.  Again, Thank you.

Glad it worked for you and thanks for the heads up on the RCX 2.0 problems.  i
don't have a 2.0 RCX to play with so i'm not sure if it is a timing issue that
can be resolved or what.

i was very excited the first time i got my RCX to talk to the PF reciever.  i
pushed the run button expecting nothing to happen just like nothing had happend
the other 800 times i had hit the run button.  then something moved!  i screamed
so loud my wife though i had hurt myself.

bob