 General / 54439
54438  |  54440
Subject:
Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:02:27 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The LEGO company just released a document detailing the complete protocol used by Power Functions RC receiver.

I host the document on my Power Functions presentation page.

As you can see this opens up a new world of possibilities...

Philo

Here below is the announcement:

Last year we introduced a range of products using our new electronic building system: LEGO Power Functions. This new electronic building system will open up a lot of possibilities now and in the future.

One of the new things we offer now is modular remote control. In the process of designing the Power Functions RC system we did a mapping of different RC functionalities. This mapping formed the basis of the Power Functions RC protocol and most of this is built into the Power Functions RC Receiver.

The RC Handset launched now provides direct ‘bang-bang’ control, but the RC Receiver supports much more functionality like PWM speed control and single pin operation.

Now that the Power Functions elements are available at the LEGO Shop online we have decided to release the Power Functions RC protocol as open source.

Please feel free to use any information from the protocol document for personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact copyright, trademarks and other proprietary rights of the LEGO Company - have fun.

Gaute Munch

Technology Product Manager

LEGO Company