 General / 54501
Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 20:43:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Hansen wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:
I'm runnign Dick Swan's alternate firmware that he sent me a while back.

Dave K

Dick Swan's replacement RCX firmware also does not support directly manipulating
the IR led and it doesn't support microsecond timing control.  Both of these
features would be required in order to send the IR messages to a Power Function

rats!

or R/C train receiver.  The only way RCX firmwares that are VM-based could
support emitting PF IR streams is if some setting in the UART area of the
firmware could be tweaked to emit bytes in a PF-compatible mode.  To the best of
my knowledge this is not possible in either the standard RCX firmware or in
Dick's RCX-compatible firmware.  John Barnes or Michael Barrett Anderson
(amongst others) would probably know for certain.

John Hansen

Thanks for the heads up, John

Looks like I really have to start brushing up on my NXT 'bot building now.

Dave K