 General / 54440
Re: Has Lego begun producing "war toys"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:22:19 GMT

Karl Paulsen wrote:
In lugnet.general, Rob Hendrix wrote:
What's the difference in modern weapons versus black powder rifles,
pistols, and cannons (even some cannons had spring loaded firing
mechanisms) anyway? If you open the door just a little bit, you
still opened it.  > -Rob www.brickmodder.net

I agree that it seems like there is no diference, but I think that
most parents would say that their is a difference between kids
playing cowboys or pirates, and kids playing war.

It's funny how it's ok for kids to play at cowboys and indians (well, not so
much the indians part any more) and pirates, both of which are genres that
glorify killing and lawlessness. On the other hand, war (especially WWII
which LEGO has had the most resistance to), which sure isn't very pretty,
does have some positive sides to it (ok, so it does take an agressor, but we
usually don't celebrate the aggressor the way we do with pirates).

Frank