 General / 54429
Re: Has Lego begun producing "war toys"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 00:47:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steven Lane wrote:
In lugnet.general, Karl Paulsen wrote:

Long and short, for the first time in LEGO history, Sets are being sold that are
neither "historical" (pirates, western) or a licensed product (star wars,
indiana jones) with modern looking weapons.

Good!

I would say I'm torn as well.  I like the idea of the "Agents" series, but would
be against any kind of military-theme set.  My main issue right now is the
inclusion of weapons that actually fire in sets (Exo-Force and Star Wars
mainly).  To me it seems pointless, but I sure thousands of kids have fun
shooting each other with them.  I know it's harmless fun, but I always liked
that LEGO forced me to use my imagination when it came to weapons...especially
in spacecraft.  Just call me old fashioned...or something like that.

-Dave