 General / 54441
Re: Has Lego begun producing "war toys"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 19:21:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Rob Hendrix wrote:

What's the difference in modern weapons versus black powder rifles, pistols,
and cannons (even some cannons had spring loaded firing mechanisms) anyway?
If you open the door just a little bit, you still opened it.  That's like
saying you don't eat M&Ms, if you do eat M&Ms, but only the green ones
without nuts only on days that end in a "Y"... sha, what?

-Rob
www.brickmodder.net

Well,funny you'd mention M&Ms, but I do actually avoid red ones. Which I guess
might sounds as silly to you. But there's a reason: red ones are not vegetarian.
Subtle difference, of course, but it's there to illustrate the semblance of
point I'm coming to: people perceive differences in a, erm, different way.

For some M&M colour matters, for some the
not-looking-too-much-like-a-present-day-weapon matters. (An for some the
spelling of 'color' matters)

That said, on the topic of weapons, I'm not too fond of them either - although
I'd tend to tolerate ancient more than modern ones, I guess. So it's sad, in a
way, but it's not the weapons which will make the kids go violent. And as
someone said, kids will use non-weapon pieces to mimic weapons anyway if they
want to. (Well, I have no kids, so I'm not really an expert on the subject).

And I don't mind weapon parts as much as things that actually shoot (Bionicle) -
that's much more bothering to me.