 General / 53948
Re: Brickshelf Backup Crawler for Mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:28:14 GMT

   It requires wget (which Mac OSX doesn’t ship with), so it would have to be distributed in a DMG for Mac users.

On the other hand, Mac OS X does come with curl, so maybe it could be adapted to use that.

There are many instructions how to install wget and even some installers. curl can’t beat ‘wget -m’ afaik.

   Speaking of hosting LDraw files - what exactly is the story with the “Official Model Repository”? Is there any such actual repository? If not, would this be a good time for the LDraw community to implement the idea? (Forgive my ignorance if this topic has been resolved one way or the other - I’m just curious.)

No official repository afaik. Last I heard was that we want to build it, but that requires a developer with the time to build it!

   Anyway, Brickshelf must be going out with a bang as far as bandwidth is concerned.

Does anyone know the chances of just taking all the Brickshelf files and hosting them somewhere else? Not brickshelf’s functionality, just the files? That way they can be left up for much longer than July 31st.

James