 General / 53929
Re: Brickshelf Backup Crawler for Mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:33:14 GMT

Thanks for that Jim. I got the script working for user backup, and Peter Bartfai (the author of the original script) also got one working for user backup (before seeing my email that I’d gotten it working). However, while I haven’t looked at Peter’s yet, mine definitely appears more difficult to use than yours. It requires wget (which Mac OSX doesn’t ship with), so it would have to be distributed in a DMG for Mac users.

I’ll probably post the scripts somewhere anyway, so that at least Linux people can them it if they so desire.

The original script grabbed all .ldr, .mpd, and .dat files from all of Brickshelf, and I ran that last night, so at least none of the CAD models will be lost. I don’t really have the ability to host them at the moment, but I may make them available at some point in the future.

--Travis