 General / 52982
Re: Hey, BrickShelf-users, seen this? Some more photography basics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 22:38:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz wrote:
Holger "HoMa" Matthes wrote:

Lots of great advice snipped...

Though one comment - not everyone has the time or inclination to do all of
this. Though certainly are a few thoughts that don't really take all that
long to do.

WRT to time, I think if you're prepared to spend hours building a great MOC,
it's not all that much more time to prepare nice pics. Of course that falls down
when it's not a great MOC or it only took a few minutes to build. Inclination is
another subject altogether, but all I can say is I'm not inclined to look at
blurry, badly lit and composed pics that take several minutes to download.

Note, I am not a great photographer, I have a very basic 2 megapixel camera and
no special lighting, but I do try to spend a little time composing and preparing
photos before I upload them.

A couple of other comments about HoMa's suggestions:

1. Flash: I try to take my photos outside on an overcast day if possible, but
even when I do, I often use the flash as well, it seems to add just a little
more brightness to the bricks.

2. Macro: Even though my camera does have macro, I often choose to move further
away and use the zoom feature instead, as this reduces the distortion due to
perspective. It all depends how I want the photo to look.

ROSCO