 General / 52975
Re: Bad examples are getting worse :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:07:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Calum Tsang wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Holger Matthes wrote:

   Please, LEGO fans, use your brain before uploading stuff online!

Your request may not be heard. Most of the people uploading such junk, whether it’s out of focus, poorly lit, too low or too high resolution pictures are mostly kids who don’t read Lugnet...it might be better if you posted this on BZ Power or wherever they congregate.

I notice a number of sample “bad” images are Bionicle-related, not surprising given the number of BZPower members using Brickshelf. This is an ongoing education issue for BZP, and one that we are constantly trying to educate the younger Brickshelf users about. There are several photography and posting tutorials at BZP, but they’re not always used. There’s a fair amount of churn at BZP, so education will always be an ongoing process.

This will likely continue to be an issue for AFOLs looking for more polished Brickshelf content. I don’t see the number of poorly-lit, fuzzy, oversized BMPs decreasing anytime soon.

Having said that, would anyone (perhaps Holger) be interested in creating a tutorial for publication on LEGOFan? There are some great tips in this thread.

Kelly