 General / 52960
Re: Hey, BrickShelf-users, seen this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:53:08 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello!

There's actually free software out there that resizes photos automatically
nowadays! *hint* ;)
It could even be done at the Brickshelf end (and already is for the thumbnails).

I'm sure quite a lot of people who send up uberbig pictures got the impression
BrickShelf DOES resize them. At least it seems to do, in that it compresses the
dimensions of the 2000×1000px pix so that they fit into the 800×600px screen.
But in fact BrickShelf does not (does not) resize the actual image/file. The
whole 500 kilobyte heavy file has to be loaded, and the whole big picture is
shown in any forum post or website page where it's linked to. So please, resize
your pictures yourself!

Also, while I am at it: It is not the case (not the case) that a blurry picture
gets clearer the bigger the picture is. Quite the contrary.
Test it: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1558609 (Attenzione,
big picture!)

Also, while I'm still at it: Please, please! have a look at your pictures first
before you upload them to your BrickShelf folder. Just sort out all pics that
are blurred, too dark, not focussed on the actual subject, show more of your rag
or wall than of your MOC. That's the big advantage of digital photography: You
can see the pictures at once and you can take new pictures immediately.

Also (Yes, I'm still at it), it's definitelly not necessary to upload ten
pictures of which eight show the same thing from always the same perspective. It
will do to select just the best pic and upload that.

Oh, and don't upload pictures done with your phone cam. They are almost always
blurry, badly lighted, too big or too small and don't show the colours
correctly. And *cough* most phone cam pictures are just pointless...

(I once wrote an article in the 1000steine-forum on that matter.
http://www.1000steine.com/forum2/forum_entry.php?id=5169
Unfortunately such appeals are futile, for those who care about the matter do it
right anyway, and those who don't care, well, just don't care.
*Jojo shrugs his shoulders and resigns*)

Bye
Jojo