 General / 52962
Re: Hey, BrickShelf-users, seen this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 00:24:44 GMT

I noticed when you add the demensions of the file size to the file name, the image doesn’t get resized in the Brickshelf page image placeholder browser window.

As if the image was meant to be seen in a large format. Ie.. Desktop or Wall paper sized images or specific large super detail images named with the actual demensions.

When I upload a large image, I specifically name the file with the demensions, so before clicking on it, you know it is a big picture that I intended to show details and whatnot at a large resolution.

Images with regular file names get resized if they are larger than 800x600.

My concern is people adding big pictures will consume Brickshelf’s storage capacity. Also, it seems people are uploading directly from their cameras as they are connected to their computers.

I make a point to name large images with the size demensions. I also make it a point to only upload 800x600 images of regular pictures of my MOCs.

Of course I have been using Brickshelf for more than 5 years, so some of my older images didn’t follow this schema.

Anyway, I love Brickshelf and browsing large images that are regular MOC pictures is a bit annoying. Once in a while I am glad the pictures are large so I can see some bits I was interested in. However, if large images were named as such, and regular images were resized by the user to be a standard 800x600 or less, that would be a good thing.

Thanks Kevin for the resizing feature.

If you want to show a large image, name the file size the demensions of the picture and keep the rest of your images at a reasonable size.(800x600 or less)

my 2 cents.

Eric Sophie
Brickshelf User #1850
User ID - Legomaster